It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Got A Million Dollars From A Distant Relative, Now What?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hmm well to a broke student living on Yogurt, crackers and hummus, A million bucks would do wonders!

I'd pay off my Parents house and debt, so they would be free and clear. I'd buy them property in Southern BC, build a house etc, so that they could retire, and not have to worry about Money.

I'd pay off my student loans, continue going to school for the rest of my life, and put aside some money for travelling/studying abroad.

The rest would help pay off more family debts, and into an Emergency fund.

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Rush

Can i be your neighbour under the Auro borialas?

Carrot

I already live on hommus its called turkish family, so welcome to the club lol But i guess if i had a million id come race your mini in my GTO...f' that...we'll get a couple ferrari's!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
Rush

Well of course you can qball! Do you know how to chop wood, cuz AD is gonna make me chop wood.

Rush

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112

Rush

Well of course you can qball! Do you know how to chop wood, cuz AD is gonna make me chop wood.

Rush

Q-Ball..ever use a chainsaw before?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm an axe wielding, chainsaw usin mountain man AD,
do I get to come too?

I am real useful for all them burly tasks around the house and I can cook too.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Woah. Hold the Phone! If Wuk gets to go, then I want to come too!!! Afterall, he's gotta be able to look at a red-head once in a while!

Wukky I had no idea you cooked!!

Seriously guys you want me there. We can have Dance Parties every night! You ladies love to dance right? And we pretty much like the same type of music! ....right?

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Wooohooo!!! At this rate I won't have to chop any wood, oh yeah! CA and WUK....of course you can come.....AD?...you ok with that? WUK is gonna cook, well and clean and CA is gonna take care of the entertainment, so I think we can pretty much sit back and relax. Can I invite LA?

Woohoo, future party at AD's future cabin!!

Rush

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

you ok with that? WUK is gonna cook, well and clean

Whoa! Wait a minute, when did I say anything about cleaning? Ill cook enough to feed an army, but cleaning? uh no.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Whoa! Wait a minute, when did I say anything about cleaning? Ill cook enough to feed an army, but cleaning? uh no.

Oh...hehe...cough...blush...did I say cleaning? I meant SINGING, yes singing...you will be cooking and singing. And I'll clean or get Late to clean.

Rush

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well I would have a giant glass bubble imbedded into the rain forest, something with a lot of foilage. It would be a home that is comfortable with all the best communications used through satellite. I would let all the vines grow around it to make it look somewhat natural with the surrounding. I would have a hydrogen off road vehicle, so that I would always have plenty of fuel, being in a rain forest this seems like the best bet. Everything would be either solar or using a thermal water tank that propels a turbine for all my power needs. And experimental gyro-copter you know to get to and fro in case I needed to get to civilization. As well as a lab for anti-gravity where all the top scientist could come for R&R and to help us build some great flying machines. The bubble would be a complete sphere with 3/4 sticking up out of the ground. I would have user controlled tinting. Heck why not telescopes as well, with all the best equipment for any type of visual surveys to be done. This could also be the platform for other planets as well. Ahh to dream. When I used to work at a school, instead of having the kids watch TV in the morning before class, I would have them envision stuff like this. It was always a lot of fun. Using your creativity to come up with the coolest wackiest ideas for living your life with no holds barred when it comes to finance. Wish I could go on, but off to the graveyard shift.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
Wooohooo!!! At this rate I won't have to chop any wood, oh yeah! CA and WUK....of course you can come.....AD?...you ok with that? WUK is gonna cook, well and clean and CA is gonna take care of the entertainment, so I think we can pretty much sit back and relax. Can I invite LA?

Woohoo, future party at AD's future cabin!!

Rush

HOLY SMOKES! A full house! Woohoo! That means more time for me to sit warming my toes by the fire. Can't argue with that.
It's BYOB though.
Everybody will eat moose , right?
I make a wicked stew.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Rock on! I get to hang with three hotties from ATS/BTS, is there a thing to complain about. I would have to say that would be heaven!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Rock on! I get to hang with three hotties from ATS/BTS, is there a thing to complain about. I would have to say that would be heaven!

Since you are the man about the Cabin..
You get to build the outhouse.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Not a prob! get me a backhoe, and the materials and it will be done in 3 days.

told ya I was handy!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

reply to post by AccessDenied

Not a prob! get me a backhoe, and the materials and it will be done in 3 days.

told ya I was handy!

Oh you cheater! A backhoe..come on! You get a shovel and three days.

RULE #1..DON"T GIVE BIG BOYS BIG TOYS TO PLAY WITH.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
im scared of chainsaws such an evil sounding machine..how about with the money we by an electric heater or some thing ! lol

PS worst case, ill do the cleaning!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by q_ball

buy a House (couple of them)
since house prices are crashing and i can make a tidy profit later on

also buy a CAR (Skyline)

also savings

What kind of Skyline bodrul? I hope its the mighty R34 GTR

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
If I were to receive $1,000,000 the first thing I would do would be to pay off my truck, motorcycle, and the debt I accumulated in college. Then I'd buy a house and stash the rest of the money in savings.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

im scared of chainsaws such an evil sounding machine..how about with the money we by an electric heater or some thing ! lol

Where will you plug it in?
No electricity allowed in my cabin.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Those are the most romantic words that I have ever heard. Where's my tissues?

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Where will you plug it in?
No electricity allowed in my cabin.

Well then how are we supposed get on ATS to make fun of the reptillian threads? Don't forget that I have a motorhome...with a gas powered generator, so we can have Electricity/Heat/ATS Nights on Fridays. CA, can you arrange the music?

Rush

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join