It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicken-footed duck scared of water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Can someone please offer me a theory as to WTF this is???
Shouldn't stories like these be given more attention? Certainly a GDDAMN chicken footed duck or a winged cat is at least as interesting as American Idol. What is going on here people? Why does it seem that there are more and more animals with "abnormalities? Is it me or do they seem to keep coming out of China?

[edit on 17-9-2008 by cbass]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Looks kinda photoshopped o.O

Besides... the feet don't look like chicken feet, they look like really skinny duck feet, haha.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
If it manages to have offspring with any resemblance to this I would be very interested. One anomoly could be anything but interesting find none the less.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalapadea

Thank you for providing two excuses for something that won't fit into your head.Why does everything that doesn't make sense or won't fit into someones tiny brain automaticly photoshopped?
Hmmmmm.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
well obviously it's afraid of the water because it doesn't have webed feet and can't swim well.

it's probably just a simple mutation, I suppose that's what happens when you try and industrialize in 15years powering the whole thing with dirty coal and chemicals banned in the rest of the world for 40 years.

I do agree... it is alot more interesting than American idol though

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
or it could be evolving for the next ice age

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Wow, that's almost a personal attack, except not.

No, I was saying it honestly looks photophopped, the head of the duck looks too colored in, and has a slight outline.

It fits in my head fine, thanks. Don't get cranky because I actually look at the picture. (of course my monitor is a TV, and that outline might be my TV) Jeez.

Nice find nonetheless.

[edit on 9/18/2008 by Kalapadea]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cbass

One possibility is that the webbing between the toes has been cut out, by a human.

These are normal normal duck feet.

Here's the one with the "ckicken feet".

If you cut out the webbing, they would look exactly like that.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Edit for a not well thought through comment.

[edit on 23/9/08 by enigmania]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It could just be that being from a poor village they decided to remove the webbing from the feet of the duck so it wouldnt find a puddle or pond and their dinner swims away, the wings are probably clipped aswell, or they did it for a quick buck

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

My thoughts exactly.

top topics

join