It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government \\\"takes control\\\" of troubled insurance giant AIG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Government \\\"takes control\\\" of troubled insurance giant AIG

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON — Fearing a financial crisis worldwide, the Federal Reserve reversed course on Tuesday and agreed to an $85 billion bailout that would give the government control of the troubled insurance giant American International Group.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
How does the Government take control of something though a PRIVATE BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If the Federal Reserve Bank is "SUPPOSED" to be a private bank than please explain the wording in this new article. I am not shocked by any means because I actually know the truth. But, considering the many documentaries stating that the FRB is a Private organization which now all of a sudden has become a Government organization it makes me wonder when this transition took place. Was it the First Iraq War....Was it the Reagan administration...........Was it the Serbian/Yugoslav war..........Was it the Second Iraq War..........

Thoughts to ponder..........

[edit on 16-9-2008 by hoochymama]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is another thread with regards to the AIG and these corporate bailouts.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I have seen the other threads.

My main point is that this is the first time I have seen this sort of issue termed a "Government take over". The Federal Reserve is, again, NOT A GOVERNMENT AFFILIATED AGENCY.

This is really disturbing in that it brings to light the question of who really has controlled the Federal Reserve for the last 80 some years. I am sure most of us here knows the ANSWER to that question.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Isn't all the government doing by bailing out these companies, just delaying the effects?

I mean, with the government now in ownership (or as someone else pointed out, the private bank, federal reserve), the debt rests squarely on the federal reserves shoulders...

... isn't all this just going to lead straight to hyper-inflation?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I think its even worse than what you are saying. The simple fact that (1) Most people believed the Federal Reserve was part of the Government (2) Recently these people have been re-educated to believe that the Federal Reserve was actually a PRIVATE Bank.....has caused a complete confusion which no one knows the actual truth. This is the deep seeding problem which is most concerning to me.

As far as where this actually leads America I answer with this..........THE AMERO.

This is, I believe, the true reason for all this caos. I think America needs to prop up the Amero to compete with the Euro which in another few years both currencies will need to compete with the New Asian One World Currency. Over time this evolves to one currency to rule us all. Now, after all is said and done who ends up controlling basically ALL the currency in the World.........you got it, the same individuals who control the Federal Reserve.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I get what you are saying OP... Whoever owns the Federal Reserve owns the government

I am very disturbed by the way this is worded as well since I know that it is alluding to someone else besides the front runners that we associate with the government. I am as aware as you seem to be of who is calling the shots here. Pretty much an admission if you ask me. This just keeps getting better and better (not in the good sense either).

Me thinks a lot of ppl are in for a big wake up call
About the only thing that is shocking to me is how this is going down exactly as we have been told it would by those who have been trying to alert us for quite some time. The scary thing is that only those who have been paying attention know what is around the corner and the panic it could cause.

My advice? Take a deep breath and realize the only walls that are closing in on you are the ones that others will impose on you through psychological means.

We have been paupers for quite some time. We aren't losing anything because we never owned anything. Once you realize you were already at the bottom, there is nowhere to go from here but up

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
I have seen the other threads.

My main point is that this is the first time I have seen this sort of issue termed a "Government take over". The Federal Reserve is, again, NOT A GOVERNMENT AFFILIATED AGENCY.

are you satisified that only the Federal Reserve is involved in the $85 billion loan to AIG.

the story behind the story may be that the US Treasury is issuing the money to AIG... and using the Federal Reserve as the intermediary to funnel the money through,
as there is some legal reason for the Treasury to be one step removed from the $85billion to AIG.

in the radio news reports, AIG is getting only $85billion in 'emergency relief' funds,
while AIG is financing the first $100billion of their debt rollover with their own internal assets.

i wonder just how fast this $85billion will be repaid...and to whom?
will it be 1 month...or longer? What interest rate for this $85billion? will it be the 2 1/4% that the Fed normally charges for overnight loans??

i sort of suspect that the whole idea of just what agency is footing the bill and all this 'obscurity' is for the reason of protecting the strength of the Dollar ~ currently up from a low around 72 to around 80 now ~

because with the nearly 1$Trillion of bailouts and buyouts in the past 3 weeks, and with autos, air travel & other industries lining up for bailout money... the value of the USD is in serious peril of retreating to a 65 cents on the dollar value, or worse.

the 'worse' is when the Gulf States in the middle east
and along with Russia, China, Iran....
all form a group to replace the USD (petrodollar) with a new, gold backed currency.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Existing News discussion found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to add comments and opinions there.

Closed.

Before Submitting News - Please Read These Instructions

top topics

join