It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resolution: Abolish Federal Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I just happened to stumble upon this tonight, thought you all might be interested.

www.globaljusticemovement.net...

PROPOSING THE DISSOLUTION OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IF CERTAIN CONDITIONS OCCUR.

Be it resolved by the House of Representatives of the State of
Arizona, the Senate concurring:

1. That when or if the President of the United States, the Congress of
the United States or any other federal agent or agency declares the
Constitution of the United States to be suspended or abolished, if the
President or any other federal entity attempts to institute martial
law or its equivalent without an official declaration in one or more
of the states without the consent of that state or if any federal
order attempts to make it unlawful for individual Americans to own
firearms or to confiscate firearms, the State of Arizona, when joined
by thirty-four of the other fifty states, declares as follows: that
the states resume all state powers delegated by the Constitution of
the United States and assume total sovereignty; that the states re-
ratify and re-establish the present Constitution of the United States
as the charter for the formation of a new federal government, to be
followed by the election of a new Congress and President and the
reorganization of a new judiciary, similarly following the precedent
and procedures of the founding fathers; that individual members of the
military return to their respective states and report to the Governor
until a new President is elected; that each state assume a negotiated,
prorated share of the national debt; that all land within the borders
of a state belongs to the state until sold or ceded to the central
government by the state's Legislature and Governor; and that once
thirty-five states have agreed to form a new government, each of the
remaining fifteen be permitted to join the new confederation on
application.

2. That the Secretary of State of the State of Arizona transmit copies
of this Resolution to the President of the United States, the
President of the United States Senate, the Speaker of the United
States House of Representatives and each Member of Congress from the
State of Arizona.

I'm not sure when this was written or where it came from, but it seems like a necessary measure given the current state of our country.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I've thought about this long and hard. For example the last prediction was for around Oct 5 or the next few days past it, for Bush to declare a state of emergency due to the economy and suspend elections. The source was apparently questioned. But I think it would be far better for Bush to declare this, than for McCain or Obama. Because the reaction to this might be less severe than we all desire.
If Bush is stupid enough to declare himself King George, he will be tossed in no time! Too many people, even within his own country, look at him with extreme distaste! If he hasn't figured that out yet, he's a greater fool than even I thought.

Edit to add: when Oklahoma declared sovereignity, no news source carried it! I called up and wrote 3 major sources and asked why such important news was not given air time or print, and I complained about their quality of service. I think I'll wait a few days and see, then do this again. This is world news! And that closed spring meeting was obviously eventful!

[edit on 16-9-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wow Oklahoma declared sovereignty this is the first I've heard of it.

I'd like to keep this thread updated as more states follow suit, if that happens.

If anyone comes across anything please keep us informed.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Oklahoma is old news now, and in their formal declaration, which is a pdf document you can download from their gov site, (all you need to do is google it and there are good articles with the download available). I clicked right into their site before and found it was a nearly unanimous vote. In addition the document stated that it was due to constitutional abuses, and with an indicator of more abuses to come. This should have been world news.

I'm surprised no one has noticed your thread. This is a first class world news event, yet ....
This is the kind of news you use as an example. Within a few days when lack of coverage becomes apparent in the mainstream, contact news providers, major stations and papers and phone and email them. Direct them to the news story and if necessary, complain about the quality of their service. When talking to others who are buying into everything the mainstream promotes, use these suppressed world news examples, usually with government pdf files, to show them, they are not getting the news!

[edit on 17-9-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Can someone answer a question I have? Has anyone in Congress, the House of Representatives or even the President been petitioned to restore the Constitution?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

YES. Several times. All levels of federal government have been petitioned, and although they are constitutionally required to respond to the redress of grievances, not one has.

www.givemeliberty.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well, I`m not sure what good this would do, but, there is a little know writ that would force them to move on these petitions, and make a decision one way or the other. And it really needs to be implemented.

mandamus
(man-dame-us) n. Latin for "we order," a writ (more modernly called a "writ of mandate") which orders a public agency or governmental body to perform an act required by law when it has neglected or refused to do so.

This is the short form of it, but it`s a way of making them get off of their duffs and move on it. What do you think?

Examples: After petitions were filed with sufficient valid signatures to qualify a proposition for the ballot, the city refuses to call the election, claiming it has a legal opinion that the proposal is unconstitutional. The backers of the proposition file a petition for a writ ordering the city to hold the election. The court will order a hearing on the writ and afterwards either issue the writ or deny the petition. Or a state agency refuses to release public information, a school district charges fees to a student in violation of state law, or a judge will not permit reporters entry at a public trial. All of these can be subject of petitions for a writ of mandamus

It makes no difference what form of government, local, state or federal, this works for all of them.

Edit for examples.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well the difference here is substantial as this involves state legislature, therefore it is a world class news event. Even more interesting is the wording discussing constitutional abuse.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

Nice find, but this has been tried before. What we wound up with as a result was... Illegitimate Federal Government and the Rule of Martial Law in the United States.

[edit on 9/17/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Yeah, but the states have only been quiet since the Civil War about the growth of the Government. I think its only a matter of time before the States collectively realize how much damage the Federal Government is causing, and activate their constitutional rights.

The Feds would like to see a North American Union. I can tell you right now they will not realize their dream.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It's definitely good to see that there are people in positions of power realizing what is going on, but as was mentioned, this is a recipe for a new civil war. The bill also states that it would only be acted upon or enacted (not really clear) when Arizona is joined by 34 states. This clause is basically saying "it will never happen". If by some series of incredible events 35 states formed a new Union, it would probably be the most important event in the history of the "united states" since the Revolutionary War created them. They are also getting into interesting legal waters, for example commanding federal military troops to desert and report to state governors would be regarded by that military and its federal government as an act of war and treason, and being totally beyond the powers of the states, they would need to enact some sort of martial rule themselves and quickly secede from the US.

Interesting times.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EtSolveMundi

It would probably happen like that, yes, but the Civil War would be short lived and fruitless. I still have faith in the American people to do what needs to be done in the end. If Arizona and Oklahoma secede and bullets start flying, we would probably see the rest of the states follow suit and declare sovereignty within the month.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

I think its only a matter of time before the States collectively realize how much damage the Federal Government is causing, and activate their constitutional rights.

States no longer enjoy Constitutional rights any more than you do as an individual. The states are now corporations under the Federal system, not sovereigns. They have already agreed to give up their rights, and therefore don't have a legal leg to stand on in trying to get them back.

If you go into court to fight for your "Counstitutional rights," your case will be thrown out as frivelous, and you might find yourself up on charges. You only have "civil rights" which are extended and revoked arbitrarily.

top topics

join