It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Denouement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The Denouement

www.infowars.com

There is something supernally appropriate to the fact that, in order to find the most suitable definition for just right word to describe the ongoing crisis of the financial system, we have to refer to a dictionary published in 1913.

We are now into the second year of the unraveling of the world financial system. It could be described as the Great Denouement (or final act) of a plot that began in 1913, when Congress created the Federal Reserve System, aka the Focus of Evil in the Modern World.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
With the bailout from some days ago and the upcoming bailout, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that over a TRILLION dollars in just bailouts alone for a single week? Where is all of this money going to come from? At the time I looked it up on the debt clock, we are over 9.6 trillion dollars in debt already.

www.infowars.com

[edit on 9/16/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

With the bailout from some days ago and the upcoming bailout, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that over a TRILLION dollars in just bailouts alone for a single week? Where is all of this money going to come from? At the time I looked it up on the debt clock, we are over 9.6 trillion dollars in debt already.

www.infowars.com

[edit on 9/16/2008 by SonicInfinity]

I think that paranoia has hit everyone, governments included. Which sitting leader wants to take the blame for it collapsing. Long hard recession while all this debt is paid back, and that is pretty global. They just went mad in uncontrolled debt and realise that banks like the rest of us need rules aka regulation.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Borrow borrow borrow....

Save?

The entire mentality of our culture has been changed from a save mentality to a borrow mentality. All spurned by those that see fit to profit from our endless borrowing.

I remember a young man named Tyler Durden who said the things you own end up owning you....hmmmm.... how right he was.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Funny how I used to see my grandparents. No a/c. Showers low flow. Every dime accounted for.

Welcome to the new reality.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

At least there's some logic behind the paranoia. If it was just one huge bank, then I might be able to understand, but all of this happening near the same time? What's next to collapse, WaMu? What's their current standing?

reply to post by DisabledVet and post by jpm1602

True. Nowadays, if people had a penny jar, the jar would probably be more in debt than the pennies it carried.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

My one and only question is what sacrifices are Americans prepared to make in order to bring down the 9+ trillion dollars that we owe? I know the answer is not a damn thing because Americans are not willing to make any sacrifices when it comes to this issue. I am still pushing for a national debt tax that every single person in this country needs to pay for a number of years to come regardless of what their income is. The more you make, the more you have to pay. Our economy is a joke as are 95% of the people we have running our Congress. As a country, we are broke and are currently living in a fantasy world in which we believe that everything will be fine. Continue shopping, continue spending money, keep thinking that nothing is your fault, that's all that matters.

Revolution now, make it a bloody one!!!! Ooops, did I just type that, I guess I did.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

It's bad enough when people spend their own money carelessly, but the real problem lies with carelessly spending money you don't have. As far as "taxing everybody" goes, it might end up having to come to that in the long run, but I doubt most people would adhere to it.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but If I remember right, they said that when all the stats. are in for Fannie and Freddie, the bailout for that could in itself be around 5 trillion on top of 9 trillion we have now.

Edit for amout correction.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The government are trying like crazy to keep the US from going under and just saying to the Fed Print more money and when we are out of office then you can tell the people we are bankrupt IMO

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Correction. The federal government is now 541 trillion dollars in debt. Mostly due to an unwise war in Iraq.

w has screwed up every undertaking he gets his little pudgy paws on.

Where does that leave us from here.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Wow, what a future to look forward to. Working to pay off trillions of dollars of debt thanks to a bailout happy government. Anyone know of any big corporations that need a few trillion so that they won`t go broke? Hey, we`ll take on anyones debt. Just like handing out candy to kids at Halloween.

I had a friend say to me, "Hey, look at it as an investment in our future, as there will be money for future home buyers." I told him yea, it`s an investment in our future alright. An investment of our future tax dollars, our childrens tax dollars and our grandchildrens tax dollars to pay off our national debt with.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

5 trillion? Where do you get that figure from?

reply to post by jpm1602

541 trillion?! Sources, now. That's a ridiculous amount to just be spewing out without backing it up.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Maybe those in power don't care how much money is being spent anymore because they don't see a future in store for anyone. They want to start WW3 to commit mass suicide for all of us. I know that sounds pretty bleak but I intend on surviving somehow and I'm damned tired of putting up with whatever the governments dish out. Just looking at some of the threads on here today has made me realize just how bad a week this has been so far and it isn't even over yet.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Sonic. Sock it. It's late I'm tired. Don't believe me that is fine.

Washington Post last sunday. I believe.

[edit on 9/17/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I'm also tired, that's no excuse to say stuff without backing it up. I'll try to see if I can find it.

EDIT: I did a Google search here and only found your post as a result, so when you're fully rested tomorrow morning, I'll be expecting proof.

[edit on 9/17/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Good enough excuse for me when I hear my pillow calling to me like a sirens song.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ok. If I remember currectly the amount of national debt prior to w eight years ago was 9k per household in the US.

That debt per household in now 455,000 USD today. Included in the article was the mention of overall debt which I previously relayed.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I found a website here stating $52.7 trillion, which is still pretty huge, but way less than $541 trillion. Are you sure you didn't mean to say $54.1 trillion?

[edit on 9/17/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Perhaps dear. Being wrong is one of my hallmarks.
But I am certain I heard 541 trill.

But I drink.

[edit on 9/17/2008 by jpm1602]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join