It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska Republicans sue to stop Palin trooper probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Alaska Republicans sue to stop Palin trooper probe

www.reuters.com

Five Republican state legislators filed a lawsuit in Alaska state court on Tuesday seeking to block Democrats from investigating whether vice-presidential candidate Gov. Sarah Palin abused her power in firing a state trooper feuding with her family.

The lawsuit claims the probe into Palin's July firing of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan is unconstitutional and politically tainted because it is being managed by Democrats trying to undermine Republican presidential candidate John McCain
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I hope this does not present any conflict with the recent 'Political Game' rules, but I feel this is a very pertinent story.

The republican are trying to stop the investigation until after the election as it could adversely effect Palins political career. If the allegations are shown to be true, however, then wouldn't the public want to know before the elections?

I can see this getting particularly nasty...

If the investigation is not halted, the attorney representing the five lawmakers said, at the least the two Democrats and Obama supporters on the committee and special investigator Steve Branchflower should be removed from the case.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Btw, the investigation was started well before Palin was nominated, at the request of Republicans. Palin was allegedly willing for the inquest but the McCain people are trying to squash it or to change the original committee to a Palin-appointed committee. Obviously, the McCain people are terrified of what might come out. As usual, it is the cover up that kills the candidates. When will they ever learn?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
As I have stated elsewhere on these boards, this investigation, like all investigations into the various candidates, NO MATTTER WHICH PARTY, must be allowed to continue to their proper and lawful ends. It is a matter of support for the Laws of the United States of America which shall be obeyed by all persons presenting themselves as cadidates for our highest Offices. If we the People allow Political Parties to over-ride our Rights through subterfuge, back room deals, blocking, or otherwise interfereing with proper legal procedure then it is our duty as Americans to remove these Political Parties from power and institute a Provisional Government of States Governors that shall be charged with securing the Federal Government to the Will of The People. These States Governors shall furthermore, under oath, repudiate and terminate all association with any person who has been shown to be a Political Operative of Either Political Party.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I feel more and more sick about the two picks we have this round. Frankly, at least Obama has good intentions, McCain and Palin are simply idiots. The Republican party has abandoned many of us, including Ron Paul, whom I'm a supporter of. I have to say that my preference on who'd I'd rather win is leaning toward Obama more and more lately. Palin is pretty wacky, if she represents the base of the "new" Republican party...God help us.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 2stepsfromtop

Exactly my point. Thank you. I wish I had put it that well.
With regards to the quote above

If the investigation is not halted, the attorney representing the five lawmakers said, at the least the two Democrats and Obama supporters on the committee and special investigator Steve Branchflower should be removed from the case.

I really do not think it should be relevant who is on the committee, If they are professional they will be impartial with the investigation. If there is any wrong doing to be found would it not look worse if there were only republican supporters on the committee and it was not disclosed?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop
...like all investigations into the various candidates, NO MATTTER WHICH PARTY, must be allowed to continue to their proper and lawful ends. It is a matter of support for the Laws of the United States of America which shall be obeyed by all persons presenting themselves as cadidates for our highest Offices.

I think you've said it all right there, and I can't imagine anyone with a rational opinion to the contrary.

In my opinion, it would be a refreshing change to see those who desire to govern us held to a much higher standard than their constituents. Doubt that would ever happen, but I feel it would do nothing but help us as a nation.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'm not to keen on either of our candidates, and I have no belief in my person that either of them will take any steps forward in bettering us as a civilization. I'm still uninformed about Governor Palin but from my initial hunches I feel like she is a scandelous, smoke room dealer, and a christian fanatic...although come to think of it I tend to get that feeling alot when watching our politicians work.

new topics

join