It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Church Ready to Accept Aliens as Brothers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
theory: the catholic church has known about alien existance longer then anyone. maybe something is going to happen that they can not control and will not be able to hide from the public.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
And a Catholic monk started the big bang theory with some
thermo entropy pusher taking his hand when generation and continuing
existence is the norm.

The Big Bang Never Happened By Eric J. Lerner (Google books read it online)

[edit on 9/16/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

If this were true then what is LHC about?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Interesting little rumor I heard was that Irish Missionary Monks had apparently tried going across the Atlantic and managed to reach the Americas before the Vikings had. Not really sure how much legitimacy the claim has but here is a little more on it.
history.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwant2believe1992

Personally, i find it funny that the catholic church would make such a bold statement when these people are and always have been afraid of their own shadows! Can you believe that the catholic church would be so bold and so accepting? I find it hard to believe. How about you guys?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The Catholic Church started systematically back tracking a few years ago. They even changed their minds about evolution now. I think it started when they changed their minds about dead babies going to limbo.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iwant2believe1992

The Catholic Church would invite Flying Spaghetti Monsters to be their brother...So long as it fit their agenda. Seems everyone has some agenda with aliens. What an interesting thing. Perhaps someone should investigate it more?

Edit to add:

DISCLAIMER:
Flying Spaghetti Monsters will be referenced by this poster often, and to great length, whether you want me to or not.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The Catholic Church is a funny institution. The guy who made this statement is a Jesuit which = nutjob as far as I'm concerned. Yet another sales pitch from the Church of nutjobs for nutjobs throughout the world. ETs are not our brothers, they are our enemy and we are nothing but ants to them.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What do you expect from the Catholic Church?

You have seen the new Pope Right?

Of course they want to convert Aliens now...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
We really seem to be in a Matrix where someone is manipulating all, i dont know about you all, but i feel like nothing is real. Imagine if "they" set up an ANTICHRIST, THEY, meaning some world power, this would mean to me that something other than a Supreme being is controlling our lives, not the devil himself, not God, but mankind itself is doing it.
The talk about the mass landing, again, manmade, just about everything, including the weather, is said to be driven by mankind now.
Did we overthrow God???
Is there one?
Are WE the power???

I dont know if i can absorb all that. I do beleive God is inside each one of us and everywhere, but if we are Godly, why are we doing all this to humanity?

Ah, dont pay any attention to me. Just thinking and typing.

yes something other than a supreme being is controling the world like the matrix, and its far from being godly,human or alien.machines.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yeah, the Catholic Church is very "well coming" to "little Brothers".

They just can't help themselves...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
Perhaps yet another baby step towards disclosure coming up in the near future?

The fact that the church even decided to say 'it's ok to believe in aliens' even shocked me. We'll have to see.

That's 'one' of the possibilities, my mind has reached at least a dozen...Like the people who talk about 'Project Blue Beam', saying that there will be a 'false' invasion, or something to that effect.... I don't know how much more I can take of all the contradictions in this asinine world!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I'm withholding my judgement on this one.

Now, if some higher up mucky-muck from islam starts saying the same thing, that will definately constitute an "ears up" situation for me.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I do not follow the Catholic religion but wasn't there a warning from the deceased Pope?

He or someone said that whoever followed him would 'leave' the faith?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

"Just as Jesus is human like you and I, you would find an alien-specific Jesus," said Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary professor Ted Peters.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the nonsensicalness of that statement.

Wait, so, EVERY planet is purposely filled with "sinners" deserving death and "Hell" if not for the sacrifice of their equivalence of God's son?

"I don't buy it, though. I think religion meets very human needs, and unless extraterrestrials can provide a replacement for it, I don't think religion is going to go away," he continued. "And if there are incredibly advanced civilizations with a belief in God, I don't think Richard Dawkins will start believing."

No. It "won't go away" as long as there's a stupid person in the world to believe it...

[edit on 17-9-2008 by mmariebored]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I recall a broadcast of CoasttoCoastAM about two years ago where it was mentioned that the Jesuits had published a short book about the possibility of alien life forms. In this book it supposedly mentioned that earthlings, in particular, Catholics were warned not to try to convert aliens to Christianity because "they might have their own Jesus".

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson

I smell a large fish.

The Catholics have never been open minded about anything, and there's just too much information coming out of the Vatican lately about aliens.
Could it be they are willing participants in the supposed mass landing (phoney) that is supposed to scare the bejesus out of us and into the NWO?

There's a reason behind all this talk.

i belive they have been manipulated into beeing participants in project bluebeam which requires the co ordinated will of the worlds major religions.

i hope they realise this , they will be serving what can only be described as the devil ,godless, souless pallor sticken beings who are the epitomy of ungodliness,manipulation and evolution gone wrong.

That isn't what they have been serving all along?
Religion IS an ET instilled virus meant to keep Earth a 'War economy' ...

Enoch, Moses and ol' Zeke all saw 'god' descend in a shuttle ...

Did you think they would remain behind the scene forever?

Also, Christ spoke of "those" who would come in his place.
IMO,
He spoke specifically of the 'Christian' church. Catholics included.

They do not have to make a 'fake' anything. They are HE.
They simply have to look in a mirror to see their loathed 'anti-christ' ...

Looks like the child will soon be a man.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I smell a large fish.

The Catholics have never been open minded about anything, and there's just too much information coming out of the Vatican lately about aliens.
Could it be they are willing participants in the supposed mass landing (phoney) that is supposed to scare the bejesus out of us and into the NWO?

There's a reason behind all this talk.

Yes there is, it's because they finally "figured out" the REAL "code" that is the Bible...and it was really simple...

[edit on 17-9-2008 by mmariebored]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Perhaps another sign that disclosure is near? Funny, but right now I'm watching the ABC Primetime special on UFO's.

Make no mistake, the Vatican is still the most powerful Nation in the world, and regardless of your personal beliefs, this decloration has meaning beyond what we can see on the surface.

Maybe good, maybe bad. It all depends on which side of the fence you are sitting.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Any one else tired of not knowing what the bleep is going on?

I see contact in the future,

what I can't seem to make myself believe, but really wish this was about: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I was raised Catholic but I have taken on my own belief system. I am curious though, if there are any Catholic church goers... have they brought this up at Mass and what was the conversation etc. I was really happy to hear the statements from the Vatican over the summer. I mean really I have always said that alot of Catholics that I have come across can be very closed minded, they can believe Christ has risen and the holy ghost but they can not believe in life on other planets or haunted houses?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
On this topic, the church is not close minded. They simply think and review the facts and unknowns before issuing a statement. This, however, is not any sort of papal announcement as the church is not so rash as to make a statement on such a "sketchy topic". This is coming from a newsletter, which does not mean that the Pope agrees (He would probably admit he was ignorant on the matter and knowing his personality, would read a book on it).

However, many Catholics, including the famous Padre Pio who lived during the early 20th century saw it as foolishness to think that we are the only ones in this universe besides the spiritual angels and God (The church does think the angels are separate and out of our dimensions, time, and universe. Not aliens.) The idea of aliens though is that their relationship with God might be different. They may, for instance, be free of what is known to Catholics as original sin.
Like this website, post Vatican-II Catholicism (1960s era door opening and breath of fresh air) wants its members to deny ignorance when it comes to the natural world. Look more into Catholicism. Today, it is not the evil institution that people say it is when looking to Rome as a definition for Catholic. And please, don't waste a post calling me a sheep (baa, lol)

www.ufodigest.com...

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join