It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something just now..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Thank you for sharing yours as well. And I know what you mean. I find myself being less and less effected by the things I see. It is like being desensitized over time. It is actually something that is comforting now when they show up.
The funny thing is.. to this day I cannot recall ever having a sighting alone.
This could be due to the fact that I am hardly ever alone.

But that has always been the case. I suppose I was alone for my first sighting but I went and got my mother to see it.. so in the end I was not alone for all of that sighting either.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

It's one of the ironies of this phenomena... not having a camera when you need it the most. They're probably up there holding their little gray bellies, rolling on the ground laughing, saying "We got Nephratari AGAIN!"

Seriously though, you should find out if it was spotted by anyone else in that area. Perhaps they can add to the sighting...

IRM

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

rightly so! because an ET doesnt travel alone im sure, so maybe you are right in saying "strength in numbers"

on a more level headed note, i realize now that ive seen a UFO and how i would react. Im more proud to say that, i reacted like a HUMAN BEING who is aware that life may just be closer than we really think. it only proved to me that my mind was actually 'already' open to the experience.

I would highly suggest you report to mufon if you havent done so already.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

No I haven't I am really not big on outside agencies. I don't have alot of trust in organizations.. even MUFON. Better them than the military though.

In response to IRM.. I am not sure how to find anyone else who might have seen it. We were on a highway that is in the side of a mountain and somewhat remote. The only people who might have seen it is other travelers and a few people who live along that stretch. Do I want to contact the local authorities to ask? umm... no... like I said above.. I do not have much trust in them and from what I can tell alot of people are like me in that they don't report what they see for the most part.

I feel strange about going up to someones door and asking them if they saw something in the sky yesterday.... I might be a bit too timid for that.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenshoes

triangle is a shape I have not yet seen. It never ceases to amaze me but every sighting I have had has been of a different object. I don't understand how or why that is possible but that is just the way it is.
Why I have seen so many.. also perplexes me, but my life has always been filled with oddities.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Do not know how to help you on the sighting, but I did want to say that I was just thinking last night about starting a thread to discuss why it is that people who have tons of sightings never seem to have a camera. I mean for the most part that is anyway.
Anyone can find anomolous aerial phenomena on any given day, but you like me and many others like us, just have no proof.
This does not make sense I know but do you know what I mean?
I have used those throw away cameras and they are useless for anything not 4 feet away, and I spent a bunch on a video camera this summer, digital camera, and cannot get it figured out, and then I lost the cords to it, and now I cant even get the cord to the battery charger, I have to go to the company I found out the other day. So, you know what I mean?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hi Neph! Welcome to the club. I've seen alot of things that I know for a fact are not A/C that are commonly known.
I don't post about them because, alas, I've no pics and we all konw how that works out
I have started carryind and old school 35mm cam most places I go, so if one is spotted again, I willl have none of the digital manipulation crowd calling my integrity into question.
Again, it seems that once one has seen one of these things for ones-self, the questions start to answer themselves.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Years ago i had one of the big Canon professional cameras but sold it.
Really wish that i hadn`t because i have to try and get another one now.

Combining a camera with a telescope seems like a really good idea though and i must try that before spending a large amount on a non digital camera.Not sure how to put it together though.Maybe a bit of that tape that turns to rubber.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I know exactly what you mean. I have wondered if the mindset of not really caring if you have proof has something to do with why they show themselves to you more often. Usually it is a surprise. You are just not expecting it and there it is. Some of them you would not be able to photograph even if you had a camera like the gold sphere we saw while at the drive in with the kids years ago. It went by we had time to react and then it shot up into the sky at an angle and was gone. Would not have been able to get a shot even if I had a camera with us.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Just wanted to say that I am going to carry a nice Pentex ME with me for those times a camera would be nice. I have decided to get a doubler and a telephoto lense. I worked as a R&D engineer design special computers and camera systems that are the best. Some of them are used on our Navy's newest ship like the Ronald Regan, aircraft carrier.

I am thinking about using some of that equipment I used doing design and research so as to get a very shape image. It has an ability that no other camera is using for we own the patent on it.

I have been real close to these Spheres of Light and have been sharing my life since the 70's so I feel that I should work out for the time is so close for the mysteries of God to be known. When I get a good picture I will post it with a story about the sighting for my joy would be for you and others to see what I have seen. I do desire this for many that have searching souls that are ready for the last dance on this plane of life.

Best of sightings to you and I hope the camera is there this next time.

I could tell you where in Fayetteville the bigfoot has been seen in the past. If you want the info. just let me know. Good day to you.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Light2u]

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Light2u]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Light2u

Old School! I love the old 35mm camera's, plus they can't give you crap about digital manipulation when you have a negative. My mom has 3 of those some with some nice zoom lens attachments, might have to see if she will part with one of them.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Sorry, but I only read through the third posting in the thread before I felt I needed to pen these thoughts lest I forget them later. (leaving for work in less than 2 minutes, if I can help it.)

Yesterday I saw a UFO. Well, it wasn't really unidentified for long, but it was a UFO for a bit, nevertheless. I was doing a lot survey. In such, I had a NIKON total station 520 DTM at my disposal (nice little machine with good telescoping power)...

Anywho, my coworker and I saw a wedge formation of old fighter planes overhead (figured they were probably part of an airshow.)... I see, at the tail end of their formation, a bright white orb... Very small... Very faint...
But it was stationary and very high in the sky...

I saw it, pointed it out to no avail, lost it, spent five minutes finding it again. Then decided to turn the "gun" on it. Lost it again. Spent 10 minutes finding it and another 2 or 3 dialing it in...

I recognized it immediately under zoom. A white helium balloon from a nearby car dealership. Amazing how that thing looked like the classic orb-type UFO we are all acustomed to seeing in video. Looked completely stationary but was, in fact, slowly rising upwards.

This in no means means that I don't believe in UFO's, just that it is neat to visually observe a false sighting.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Hi Jay, thanks for the reply. This was cylindrical in shape and vertical and judging by the size of it in relation to the jet that came flying by beneath it we deduced 2 things..
1. it was enormous.. well over 400ft high and at least 50ft wide
2. it was above the jets altitude so it was not low enough to be a car balloon.

I am not saying it couldn't be explainable though.. just that there is no way it was a car dealership balloon as this was a rural area.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Just so's it is known ahead of time, I'm using an old point and shoot Canon shure shot telemax. It has other tech descriptions on it, and after having it for 10(/) years I'm still not sure of what it does.
I'm with you, though, if I am able to capture an image on this beast, there will be no digital foulplay talk allowed and I'll submit the negatives to the proper authorities, (whatever that means), to be gone over with a fine tooth comb.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoes
Originally posted by Light2u

Good day and may you continue to be seeing what are known to most as UFOs for they are in NWA for sure.

Have you seen the Sphere of Light in the Ozarks around the Pig Trail and the Mulberry River for Madison County being a good hot area for sightings. I have lived in the Ozarks since 1968 when I moved from Calif. to Madison County (Booger County) as a teenager.

Originally posted by NephraTari

NW Arkansas, near the bottom of the Azores. Its incredibly beautiful countryside here, and we have seen things here more than once.

Nice to see some folks from my part of the country. I am originally from SW Missouri (I'm in St. Louis now). I think Mo is a bit of a hot spot in places, especially in the more mountainous regions. But, even in SW mo, I saw a triangle UFO back in the mid eighties.

Din't expect so may from NWA. I am in NWA also.

Wish I could have seen when Nephra saw Where where you when you saw it?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I am not trying to say your sighting was a balloon at all. My comment was actually way off topic. I was just noting that I was nearly conviced my naked eye was looking at something and when I was able to investigate it, it turned out to be nothing....

BTW, I'm also currently in NWA (just saw the postings regarding.) Pretty cool to hear others speak of the pig trail. I travel hwy 23 as often as I can. Some of the most beautiful scenery you'll ever see. For those of you guys from here, what do you guys think of the Ponca Wilderness down on the upper buffalo? I hike there whenever I possibly can.

(good place to watch UFOs also, I've seen several while camping on the Goat's Trail.)

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I hear ya, I know there are many things that can fool people. Solar Balloons often get mistaken for UFO's. As for these locations.. keep em coming I will have to check them out. I am not originally from this area so I don't know the region all that well. I would love to check out some of these hot spots and see what we see.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
NephraTari: This is actually getting pretty interesting. When was it that you saw this and where were you? (if you don't want to answer that question, don't bother)... I'll just state that yesterday, Tuesday, my wife saw an object very similar in description to yours. We live in Fayetteville.

At first I didn't think too awfull much about her report. Hell, it is odd that she tells me of something like this in the first place and actually, it was my son that saw it first. But when she saw said object it was a whitish HORIZONTAL cylindrical object just hanging in space. Like you, I've seen several UFOs in my life. Four objects that I believe to be legitimate and many, many that were just unidentified objects (could've been anything)... But the four were definately aeronautical crafts of unknown origin, quite possibly extraterrestrial. Rambling.... uhh... Oh yeah, but now that I read more about your accounts, I'm wondering if we have shared any of these experiences separately?... hmmm... I also find it odd that there are four or five of us on, this particular thread, all from the same area.

BTW, Newton county is recognized as one of the hottest spots in the US for sightings

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Well, you'll need to remedy not knowing this region too well. We are blessed to live here!

If you want to see some breathtaking scenery (and if you look up, all sorts of weird stuff in the skies) take US Highway 412 to the junction of... ummm.... 21 south towards Kingston (which is heading east out of Fayetteville). When you get to the Kingston square (that's all Kingston is) go around the square and 21 shoots off to the east towards Boxley Valley. This is the upper Buffalo wilderness area (first federally protected land in the US.) That entire area is STUNNING in its beauty! Anyhow, just driving down there and looking around will do for now. If you take up the effort and want to know about hiking trails and stuff of the sort, just let me know, I spend a lot of time down there and there is a lot to see.

Edited to clarify directions.

On another note, a few weeks back, a friend and I were down there and saw multiple B-17 sorties overhead. So many stealth bombers were couldn't count them!... We've also seen UFOs there on multiple occasions.

If you decide to check it out and you dig it, I'll let you know how to get to the Goat's Trail. The Goat's Trail is the most incredible hike you could ever do. Ever. And that is coming from someone who has hiked the mountains in Hawaii.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I love 412! it is just gorgeous. We have driven the drive on it between Tulsa and Fayetteville many times and it always takes my breathe away.
You have a U2U btw with more details on location etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join