It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something just now..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
course still don't have a camera so couldn't take a picture of it.. was with my son and mother in law driving back from some errands in the town next to ours and looked over and saw this vertical white cylindar shape in the sky all by itself just sitting there. I said to them what is that? They both look over my mother in law say.. oh thats a plane. Then we went round and round about the fact that there was not other contrail around it and it was not dissapating or moving.. then as luck would have it a plane started to enter the view from the left of where it was so she had to abandon that idea. This is the point at which I said.. well I dunno what it is but of course I DON'T have a camera so I can't take a picture and get any feedback. *sigh*

So there it is.. now the board meanies can come tear me apart because I don't have a camera.. but I am hoping to remedy that situation when I get my new pc in NOV granting that I don't spend so much on the pc, that I dont have enough left.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I wonder if I will be the only one to respond....

No but seriously, despite the lack of evidence, and the hilarity, it sounds interesting. If I were you, I would get that camera before then and carry it around everywhere you travel (no matter what). Delaware sucks for that kind of activity so you should count yourself lucky to have even seen something anomalous.

So I am assuming you used the OBVIOUS plane in reference to the "UFO"?

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

I see you are new, so to begin with welcome to ATS.
Yes you may indeed be the only person to respond to this post.
Perhaps the rest are laughing in silence.
I put it out there and I was well aware of the response I might get from some when I did so. I don't regret it, I always try to share with the community here when something unusual happens. That's just the way I am.
People can take it for what it is, or leave it. Makes no difference to me, I am just sharing for those that might be interested.

I made no claims as to what it was.. I have no clue what it was, but I do know it was not a plane or a contrail or even a chemtrail.

There are many possible explanations I am sure which I would be able to hear if I had a @#!% camera.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I trust your word Nephra....sorry so many people shred people around here. It embarrasses me when others do that to one another. Just cause you didn't have a camera doesn't mean you didn't see it, so don't worry what the others say. I tell you what, when the stars come out tonight, if you have something to zoom in on the bright ones with...do it, cause they ain't what science is telling us....Maybe that will take some of the heat off of you...Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Sorry. Off topic but....

LOL.

Yes. Compared to you I am a fetus.
I came on ATS every once in a while for a couple years, since Google is so nice in finding the thread titles. Just started reading avidly the couple months before I joined and now here I am.

I would invest in a camera like you but I need a digital voice recorder first to create podcasts and tape lectures.

BTW: Was you avatar a rainbowish, moving back and forth lady with chakras before this one?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I always like posts like these as I hope that they are around my area and I can see something without doing any work! Where are you located maybe some other members saw or can get out and look.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hi there nephratari,i believe you because the exact same thing happened to me.No camera,white cigar shaped thing,family witnesses.

Even now i have a camera phone and cannot get a decent pic from it skywards.I have a picture of a police helicopter and an unknown object directly in front of it but when you zoom in it looks rubbish,all pixelated.

What i need now is to invest in a decent camera with a zoom but even then i dont know if i will ever see anything like that again.

I think i had my chance and lost it.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
First off a camera would not necessarily help you, I have tried to take pictures of things I saw interesting, but they never come out clear so I have never posted any.
Not everyone who has a camera always carries it on them or even thinks to take pictures at a time when they see something interesting.

So, any ideas of how big it might have been or how fast it was moving?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
First off a camera would not necessarily help you, I have tried to take pictures of things I saw interesting, but they never come out clear so I have never posted any.
Not everyone who has a camera always carries it on them or even thinks to take pictures at a time when they see something interesting.

Okay. So how about a movie camera. That way it is nice and small so you can watch it and capture it on film at the same time. Just bring it everywhere you go.

So, any ideas of how big it might have been or how fast it was moving?

That's what I was wondering. If there was a reference, I.e. the supposed plane come towards it, then there must have been a way to see how fast.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Okay. So how about a movie camera. That way it is nice and small so you can watch it and capture it on film at the same time. Just bring it everywhere you go.

Tried this the other night with my vidio camera. I saw something interesting near the moon, had a problem with my tripod so all you see is an unsteady picture of the moon with clouds moving accross it, could not even see what I saw interesting at all. I do not plan on posting the video, because I saw the object in person, but even with the knowledge of where I saw the anomily originally, I can not find it on the vidio. So in answer to your question, even a vidio camera for me was no use. So I couldn't recomend that either.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities

I would invest in a camera like you but I need a digital voice recorder first to create podcasts and tape lectures.

BTW: Was you avatar a rainbowish, moving back and forth lady with chakras before this one?

No my old AV was this

BTW you don't need anything other than a mic for your pc and a good program. Audacity is a good one for recording voice and mixing. And its free.

Look forward to hearing some of your lectures.
My son and I were discussing this again this morning and given the size of the vertical object in comparison with the plane we concluded it had to be huge and when I say huge I mean over 400 ft high. We are going to try to make some estimated calculations later today.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

NW Arkansas, near the bottom of the Azores. Its incredibly beautiful countryside here, and we have seen things here more than once. My children have seen things that I have not, I am going to include them in a podcast one of these days to relate their sightings as well. There is one in particular that really bothered me because she could see a shadow through one of the upper lights of the craft. The problem with living in beautiful rural areas is that they are much more bold out here. Not as much chance of being seen by large numbers. Although I honestly get the feeling that some WANT to be seen.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Interesting post...and no. I'd never attempt to dismiss what you say you saw. You saw "something" and shared this with us and I appreciate it.
I find the subject of UFO's fascinating. Any attempt to silence those who have had an experience makes me wonder why?
If someone doesn't believe...fine, but for those of us who want to hear about ufo's...or find more information on them..then why not?
Thanks for posting this.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracey ace
Hi there nephratari,i believe you because the exact same thing happened to me.No camera,white cigar shaped thing,family witnesses.

Even now i have a camera phone and cannot get a decent pic from it skywards.I have a picture of a police helicopter and an unknown object directly in front of it but when you zoom in it looks rubbish,all pixelated.

I think i had my chance and lost it.

Yes. When something is so high up it is hard to get a good image of it. Camera's just are not made for that kind of zooming. What we need is a telescope powered camera.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I too hoped if I kept reading ATS someday I’d get to see a UFO.
Too bad I messed it up and went and posted here before I got to see what was coming to me!
BOO!

Anyway, be Welcomed here !
Just got here myself but I’m allowed a *How-dee-doo* to you even so.
KEEP LOOKING UP!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It is a necessary part of the process, however although I agree that questioning is important, I have seen many times it being done without civility and in some cases even with hostility.. which is not constructive at all. I hope you didn't have too much of the latter in your experience.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Good day and may you continue to be seeing what are known to most as UFOs for they are in NWA for sure.

Have you seen the Sphere of Light in the Ozarks around the Pig Trail and the Mulberry River for Madison County being a good hot area for sightings. I have lived in the Ozarks since 1968 when I moved from Calif. to Madison County (Booger County) as a teenager.

I have many friends I have shown the Spheres since the 70's with as many as 21 spheres in one large flight. Which is the most I have ever seen with others during sharing of the knowledge I had been given. One of my friends believes I have to be one of the "old ones" from the lost city of Atlantis. I do have a certain amount of physics and engineering that I have done most of my life. I am not able to work any more due to pain I live in always.

My life is giving real love to the world one person at a time if need be. I moved a couple years ago into the city. Thus I don't see as many because of the city lights and the mountains right there limiting viewing area.

I wanted you to know that you do live close to me so I could give you some help to see the local sighting places that are able to pay off sooner.

Did you know NWA has Bigfoot according to some witnesses?

There is also large predators that have not been identified yet. Some of them have been seen around Ozark by hwy 352 along the side of I-40. I have news stories that cover the items I am telling you about. I also had a great friend see one with me from about two feet away from me.

I saw this creature during night as it went thru our camp site and we were in my pick up to go to sleep when I saw it cross the road at the lake coming right at my truck on my side so it came up to the top of the door where the window began. I saw it real close and my friend will not go to this place again. She advises that you take a gun with you out into the woods here in NWA. She lived in Missouri before Ark. so see saw it so she believes in things like that now.

I had to share this with you incase you do get into those areas unaware and having children around out side with you with out supervision of adults. You had touched by spirit since I began with ATS so I had to tell you these things.

I have reported my sightings with the right people here that are investigative writers. Most of my contacts are on Coast to Coast Am and they also do reports of interest to the listeners. I have one contact for reporting unknown crypto's I find by contact for they belong to the American National Anthropology and is a Director of a State. I can share more later about the names of these peoples.

Do have a great day and keep your eyes open even in Fayetteville for UFOs and Bigfoot have been sighted.

Best wishes for your search. Love the Lennon Song Imagine all the people so thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Originally posted by Light2u

Good day and may you continue to be seeing what are known to most as UFOs for they are in NWA for sure.

Have you seen the Sphere of Light in the Ozarks around the Pig Trail and the Mulberry River for Madison County being a good hot area for sightings. I have lived in the Ozarks since 1968 when I moved from Calif. to Madison County (Booger County) as a teenager.

Originally posted by NephraTari

NW Arkansas, near the bottom of the Azores. Its incredibly beautiful countryside here, and we have seen things here more than once.

Nice to see some folks from my part of the country. I am originally from SW Missouri (I'm in St. Louis now). I think Mo is a bit of a hot spot in places, especially in the more mountainous regions. But, even in SW mo, I saw a triangle UFO back in the mid eighties.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Light2u

AMAZING! I have not been to that area yet, but will plan a trip there asap.
I am really intrigued at your reference to bigfoot sightings as I saw something a couple years ago that does not fit the normal stereotype in that when I intially saw it, it appeared to be swimming through the air like an otter but when it crossed the road it dropped into a humanoid form that closely resembled what people describe as bigfoot. Now this was also near a time that we had UFO sightings in our area and yes at that time it was not far from Fayetteville. Very curious indeed. I documented it in the Cryptozoology forum at the time. I am sure it can still be found there. I will try to find a link to the thread later.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
your one of my friends on ATS so i suppose i will respond *sigh* jk

dont worry Nephratari, i saw a ufo this weekend but decided not to post because i didnt think to get my camera out or even my binoculars which i keep handy near my backyard.

i saw a solid black object to low to be a play, no noise and a witness with me as well who stated, no way could that be a black trash bag.

anyway, i wasnt as shocked as it thougth id be.

but thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join