It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed nears $85 billion rescue of ailing AIG

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Fed nears $85 billion rescue of ailing AIG

www.msnbc.msn.com

NEW YORK - The Federal Reserve is close to a deal to take an 80 percent stake in American International Group in exchange for an $85 billion loan, according to sources familiar with the negotiations.

AIG’s failure could open the ugliest chapter yet of the financial meltdown.

“The glimmer of hope has turned into a ray of hope,” said the person, who asked not to be named because of the sensitive nature of the talks to help AIG.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Holy Guacamoleeeeee
I-N-S-A-N-I-T-Y

This is a private company, a non-govt.-supervised and non-accoutable secret bank taking over the economy.

Think about it, i'm not christian but this we are going towards biblical proportions if you know what I mean. Of course soon all money will be centralized with all your accounting owned, spied upon and governed by the govt.

Your money will soon no longer be your money, and for those that call us conspiracy theorist my question is how many previous presidents warned Americans about banks owning the country to an absolute extent? Everyone quote as many previous presidents speaking on this issue, I would apreciate it.

Ron Paul says that some are worst than ignorant people, because when you have the knowledge and you do nothing it's even worse.

Vote 3rd party, and go door to door and tell as many people as you can to vote 3rd party. If you don't want to be an activist getting tasered, then that's the best and most reasonable approach.

The Dems and Republicans will destroy you, vote 3rd party and save your country.

Organize, go door to door ASAP
This is NOT a joke.

Use the 'previous presidents quotes' that i mentioned as ammo.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
edit

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
“...100% of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the Federal Debt...all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services taxpayers expect from government.” 1984 Grace Commission report submitted to President Ronald Regan

"All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise, not from the defects of the Constitution or confederation, not from want of honour or virtue, so much as from the downright ignorance of the nation, of coin, credit and circulation." John Adams 2nd President of the USA

The money power preys upon the nation in times of peace and conspires against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than monarchy, more insolent than the aristocracy, more selfish than the bureaucracy. It denounces, as public enemies, all who question its methods or throw light upon its crimes." Abraham Lincoln 16th president of the USA

“It is well enough that the people of this nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." - Henry Ford

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is another thread on AIG. It's hard to understand that there are people defending this move by the Fed. And it's also nice to know that not everyone in the government is defending it!

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The ENTIRE monetary system we have been running for AGES is an absolutely FRAUDULENT ENTERPRISE. Your "money" is worth NOTHING--it never was! It is nothing more than a promisary note of DEBT to the Criminal Central Banking establishment, which cooks these worthless I.O.U.'s out of thin air. It is the biggest scam ever perpetuated to keep us all in perpetual tax and debt servitude. Most of the entire world is clueless to this.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
The ENTIRE monetary system we have been running for AGES is an absolutely FRAUDULENT ENTERPRISE. Your "money" is worth NOTHING--it never was! It is nothing more than a promisary note of DEBT to the Criminal Central Banking establishment, which cooks these worthless I.O.U.'s out of thin air. It is the biggest scam ever perpetuated to keep us all in perpetual tax and debt servitude. Most of the entire world is clueless to this.

a.k.a.... slavery. YAY!!!
Money as DEBT

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
need to know this
how does a country that supposeidly has the largest
resource of money to spend on 500+ billion dollor military
give billions in weapons Aid to Israel,Jordan
and so on not be able to pay its debts?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

isn't that what we as "consumers"(love that term) are trained to do...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smallbusiness

Watching your film link with great interest, money creation, it's very good so far, about half way through and typing, but it reminds me of the channel tunnel, it's so heavily in debt that it's going to be a slave to the banks forever. Thing is, if it went bust, the banks wouldn't blow it up. In fact, if all the banks went bust, our houses would still stand, legal tender would be used where it existed and the governments would chuck it out of cash machines in rations to us. We'd still get oil and gas together, otherwise we would freeze, and we would make a load more banks. Do you think we'd learn any lessons about the responsibilities that go with debt ratios? I think not, we'd hit new economic 'uncharted (meteoric) territory' and do it all over again!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

us.. learn from history???

i have to admit, i had trouble understanding what that video was talking about in many parts, i'm not at all a numbers guy. but yes, it is a very interesting film.
EDIT: not so much can't understand it, more so that some things were so audacious that it was incomprehensible

[edit on 9/16/2008 by smallbusiness]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Nearing end, but Usury is not a sin. Consider this: A is effing rich, and wants to help a few mates out with loans so they can do what they want, build business, whatever. Now there is a risk of not getting that money back, and interest is needed for that, and frankly A in my point of view deserves a bit, a pat on the back for helping his mates. It is just when the greed of the lenders makes them destabilise the economy by overblowing the debt, that I begin to wonder. I wonder, if certain banks had split some of it's profits amongst it's depositors and debtors, would a white knight have come in?

[edit on 16-9-2008 by redled]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

well there seem to be two different definitions on usury, some define it simply as interest charged, and some define it as excessive, exorbitant, or unlawful interest charged. i have no problem with the former, because obviously what motivation would anyone have to lend money other than through the kindness of their heart.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Where is the government getting all this money? Are they just going to print more and then let the value of the devalued dollar fall to nothingness.

Anyone know how long the government can cover all the losse of these multibillion companies, and what will happen because of it.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I think the point about lobbying is very important though. If the banking system is now critical to our way of life, then it has become a pillar in our constitution whether that is reflected in law or not. Now Lehmann spent $10 million lobbying Capitol Hill. Right, the police aren't allowed to do that, nor judges, and journalists just have the threat of publicity. If a pillar of the constitution is allowed to lobby over other pillars of the constitution, then that is bound in the long run to lead to a constitutional crisis. The legislature is no longer financially independent, indeed corrupted to a power they fear are bigger than they.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by redled]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
anybody know the long term and the short term reprocussions of this action will be?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
anybody know the long term and the short term reprocussions of this action will be?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

with my very limited understanding of economics and government... anywhere from small bump in the road to read the survival tactics forum. i think we do need major change to fix our problems, which will definitely be beyond 'bump in the road', but i really hope it isn't bad.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish

What should you worry about the most is that all banks will soon be consumed by the FED. It's the direction more than this event alone that you should question.

The FED is a government within the Government as Nader says.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Agree with you on the government having no business in "bailing out" businesses. But, this would have such a devastating affect, world wide, that something had to be done...

Besides, it's not a handout, the interest rates on the loan are astronomical, and will both serve to make AIG seek other sources of income, in the long term, and to keep other firms from resorting to the Federal Government...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join