It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portable Water Purification system I saw on CSI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I need help finding something. I saw this portable water purification system on CSI and on the Science Channel (I think) but I can't find it online with a standard Google search. It was within the last couple of months and it could convert any water into drinking water and was battery powered. Can anyone help me find more info? Thanks!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Atmospheric Water Generator; not sure if this is what you saw.
What is an Atmospheric Water Generator? A AWG extracts water from the humidity found naturally in the Earth's atmosphere. Then through a sophisticated filtration process, produces clean, fresh drinking water.

The Xziex AWG machine is about the size of an average water cooler but all similarities end there. With an AWG there is never a need for delivery of costly and cumbersome jugs as you can never run out of water because it is constantly replenishing. The Xziex AWG machine provides a superior sterile water dispensing environment, unlike that of traditional water coolers. It filters the water every four hours, so no stagnate water and no cleaning. The AWG produces water for 1/5 the price of a regular water cooler and makes five gallons a day.

Xziex makes large commercial units off the grid for homes, businesses, apartment complexes and industrial use. The largest unit can make 3,500 gallons a day.

The company uses a percentage of its profits to bring these units to arid countries that do not have access to clean drinking water.

For more information go to:
peterwalker.myxziex.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This was not what I saw. It was a unit that took contaminated water, such as swamp water or seawater and pure water came out the other side.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
was it this one??

Made by segway called the "slingshot"

hubpages.com...

[edit on 16-9-2008 by SHNIPE]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

It's called the Berkey Water Filtration System. I bought one on Ebay (though, there is a 6 week wait). It filters any water and you can purchase additional filters to remove the arsenic and flouride out of tap water.

I love it! It's portable, easy to set up and the water tastes great!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SHNIPE

That's IT!!! Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much!

[edit on 16-9-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
glad i could help! They say that they will be down to 1000 once they go in production. Battery powered/fuel powered and 1000 liters a day. Seems like a great investment since water will be worth more than gold should it become absolutely necessary to use something like that.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
My interest is combining it with another new technology. A system that separates hydrogen from water for fuel.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I bought a second Berkey system a couple weeks ago, and apparently they've got caught up with the orders. It took about 2.5 weeks from day of order to receipt. This time I got the Royal Berkey system and it's great.

top topics

join