It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former US congressional aide ruled unfit for trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Former US congressional aide ruled unfit for trial

www.alertnet.org

NEW YORK, Sept 16 (Reuters) - A former aide in the U.S. Congress charged with giving secret information to Iraqi intelligence agents is mentally incompetent to stand trial, a federal judge has ruled.

A psychiatrist called by prosecutors testified at a hearing on Monday that Lindauer was unfit to stand trial as she had a delusional optimism about her chances of winning the case.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org
www.meib.org

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I hope that this is the right forum for this, if not then I apologize and please move it. I saw this on Reuters AlertNet and I had never heard of Susan Lindauer or this case before, and I didn't come up with anything using the search tool.

It seems to me that they are saying that she is crazy because she believes that she is right and the charges won't stand...shouldn't that be for the court to decide, not the doctors?

I haven't done much research on her yet but it seems she was also involved with the 1988 bombing of the Pan Am flight trial, as a second hand witness from what I gather...I've placed a link to a copy of her deposition.

Again I apologize if this has been done to death...couldn't find anything also if I'm in the wrong forum. Probably obvious but this is my first post.

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-9-2008 by adnil]

[edit on 16-9-2008 by adnil]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I suspect the government will not allow her to testify for the public record. It is that simple. I fear, one way or another they will achieve that goal.

new topics

join