"Disney Kids"

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Onion: Disney Geneticists Debut New Child Stars

Greetings, ATS'ers.

I came across this today, and for some reason it really struck a chord with me.

Yes, I KNOW it's the Onion. I know they're being "funny".


...but are they also lightheartedly touching on an actual possibility here?

I've always called them "Disney Kids", and I secretly suspected that they were, indeed, the products of genetic enigineering and "programmable premise".

(I'm not going to go into anything sinister or conspiratorial, that's not my angle here. I'm rationally aware of child cattle calls and casting agencies that audition for film and television.)

I'm curious if anyone else sees "Disney Kids" as a viable possibility.

Go ahead and laugh.
Yes, I'm being serious.



[edit on 9/16/08 by GENERAL EYES]




posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You don’t need to genetically engineer someone to program them and thus have control over them the way Disney does. Disney finds these kids who sometimes have minimal talent but are attractive or have a bit of that eye catching ability. Disney puts them through acting classes and a whole host of other useful yet sometimes grueling activities for rising stars. Disney then pimps these kids or teens out to tweens until they are too old or begin thinking for themselves.

I don’t think there is any conspiracy involving children being “made” to specifically work for Disney. There are a host of children out there already that Disney can dig their nails into. Many of the past “Disney kids” had family lives that are now being paid attention to by the public, confirming to me at least that they didn’t come from some lab.


[edit on 16-9-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
And I'm supposed you'll tell me next there aren't specialized and privatized communities where people therein associate far from the public eye of interference and commonplace interaction!

We're all on the same level on this planet, in this infinite universe.

Everything that can be known, is known.











[edit on 9/16/08 by GENERAL EYES]



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
And I'm supposed you'll tell me next there aren't specialized and privatized communities where people therein associate far from the public eye of interference and commonplace interaction!

We're all on the same level on this planet, in this infinite universe.

Everything that can be known, is known.











[edit on 9/16/08 by GENERAL EYES]


Um, come again?

Sorry but I didn't comprehend your repsonse? Could you lay out what you're trying to tell me again?



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just that the Illuminati and the common Average Joe on the street seem to exhibit some level of interdependance.

One chaste provides the workforce and consumer function.
The other is rewarded for entertaining the workforce.

There are those who hint at a large Eugenics program within the United States, with correlating programmable/consumer targets.

Once again, I've got nothing against Disney, but this "new wave" of child stars gets more watered down and trite as the progress goes on. We never hear insight or deep thought from these kids when interviewed - the world is all peaches and posies. Life is so great!

Well, sure. If you're isolated from the reality of the masses.

Arrrraaaggggh! DISNEY KIDS! They're everywhere!

Every interview is a re-affirmation of "oh gee, wow! life is so cool! emulate me and my style! I represent your all deepest dreams and desires!"

Just seems fishy they have to corral all these kids up and capitalize off of them just because they fit a psychological/physical profile of commercial potential.

I'd rather the thought of geneticly engineering drones to perform this function than the idea of selective picking and choosing from the populace - which to me, seems more insidious, and makes me feel like I'm living in a stockyard.

But....I'll ramble.

Thanks for bearing with me on this. It's something that is stuck in my head and won't go away, no matter how hard I try to distract myself, it always resurfaces.




[edit on 9/16/08 by GENERAL EYES]



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES
 


That link aint working.
People are interested, though.



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies
 

Thanks for the heads up, Clearskies.


Link fixed in OP.

To reinterate: The Onion: Disney Geneticists Debut New Child Stars

Anyone else think this MIGHT really be going on?



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Wow, I actually had a good laugh, while watching that one. No joke it was actually a pretty dang funny video. The idea, though, frightens me... I see the way these kids influence children every day when I see my girl friend's little sister. That really seems to be their duty in life: influence and blind our young. And the idea, of the video (while, for some reason, very funny to me) is very realistic, when you think about it. Why couldn't it be possible?

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Nerds]



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nerds
 

I hear ya, Nerd.

I mean, come on - we hear reports of the Dulce Base all the time.

ATS Thread: Extra-Terrestrial Installation in Dulce, New Mexico

Is it so far fatched to think Disney might just be/be involved with a higher level and/or specialized installation for similar genetic experiments?



[edit on 9/16/08 by GENERAL EYES]



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Just seems fishy they have to corral all these kids up and capitalize off of them just because they fit a psychological/physical profile of commercial potential.


I don't see why it is fishy though? It is a form of marketing that has worked for Disney for a few decades now and makes them a lot of money. Seems like a simple, logical reason for why Disney uses these kids 1) it works 2) it brings in bucket loads of cash. Nothing fishy, or suspicious about that. To me anyway...


KTK

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
That is the funniest thing I have seen in ages.


pure awesomness.



Anyone here ever seen an 18 month old watch "mickey mouse club house". Kids that age arnt suppose to have attention spans to sit there and watch intently, but they do....

q freaky background music



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES
 


Not far fetched at all... maybe in an average "joe"'s eyes.



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'll never forget being given Brave New World
as a reading assignment in school.

It was a breakthrough for me. Finally! A social order that made perfect sense and answered a load of questions mom and dad couldn't handle.


Huxley is brilliant.

And now I see a bit of those "fictional" social memes in full force.

It really leaves me wondering how far human imagination and innovation has taken us since the 1940's.

[edit on 9/16/08 by GENERAL EYES]



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am offended by this post

If it wasn't for Disney smashing the self esteem of ordinary young teens and children by presenting them with pefect life examples of what they should like like and thier lives should be like the entire world would be different and for the worse.

Useless ordinary teens might fail to kill themselves in high numbers, drug addiction, hatred pof parents and life goals that are complete unrealistic would vanish destroying the hug tax paying markets of incarceration, and depression medication.

What would Kids do without disney? Wait until they were young adults and rely only on fashion models to make them feel worthless?

People we have an entire economy that revolves around feeling inadequate, Disney is at the forefront of the Technology that will allow us to spread that trend world wide and our economy depends on it at this point.

Without insecurity and low self esteem the America we know would not exist.





Btw... I walked out of an Interview for an Animation position with Disney 12 years ago... They told me "I had to always Smile"

My response "Your F'n Kidding me" and I stood up and walked out the door...

The Vindictive Mope only smiles when he feels like it... I hate Disney, if they propose a draft and anyone can hack a computer good... Please move all Disney kids to the top of the list so they can know what it is like to be a real American entertainer like Elvis was.



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
You don’t need to genetically engineer someone to program them and thus have control over them the way Disney does. Disney finds these kids who sometimes have minimal talent but are attractive or have a bit of that eye catching ability. Disney puts them through acting classes and a whole host of other useful yet sometimes grueling activities for rising stars. Disney then pimps these kids or teens out to tweens until they are too old or begin thinking for themselves.

I don’t think there is any conspiracy involving children being “made” to specifically work for Disney. There are a host of children out there already that Disney can dig their nails into. Many of the past “Disney kids” had family lives that are now being paid attention to by the public, confirming to me at least that they didn’t come from some lab.


[edit on 16-9-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]


Agreed, these kids are sad but not genetic experiments. They're continuously conditioned and bombarded, probably given tons of meds and told HEY YOU HAVE IT GREAT. Nothing out of the norm of making money though. It's always been like that for child stars, at least since the mass media really took hold.



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
If it wasn't for Disney smashing the self esteem of ordinary young teens and children by presenting them with pefect life examples of what they should like like and thier lives should be like the entire world would be different and for the worse.


There is a lot of truth there. More than I sometimes like to think about.


Originally posted by mopusvindictusUseless ordinary teens might fail to kill themselves in high numbers, drug addiction, hatred pof parents and life goals that are complete unrealistic would vanish destroying the hug tax paying markets of incarceration, and depression medication.


Isn't it a shame Disney doesn't seem to care about them? What about the tough straightline hard edge role models with positive attitudes that don't borderline on absolute impossibilities?

Disney has changed a lot since I was a kid. Remember "Escape to Witch Mountain?" Interesting flick, that one.

Now it's all dancing and singing chihuahuas. Guess the social dynamic outside our doors is changing, eh?


Originally posted by mopusvindictusWhat would Kids do without disney? Wait until they were young adults and rely only on fashion models to make them feel worthless?


Oh heck, I don't know. Write something better? Draw their own animations? Start their own indy labels? Rebel against fashion? Man, there's a lot of stuff on the internet you should check out.

The problem is - you can't save everyone. Look at the recent statistics for cutters and psychological conditions in the youth of today. Are they possibly lashing out because they don't feel represented and appreciated by the industry status quo?

More importantly - why do these kids feel so obsessed with such comparisons?


Originally posted by mopusvindictus/
People we have an entire economy that revolves around feeling inadequate, Disney is at the forefront of the Technology that will allow us to spread that trend world wide and our economy depends on it at this point.


Wow. Glad to see technology being used for such "humanitarian efforts". But then again, mental genocide is such an unpleasant subject....

Originally posted by mopusvindictus/
Without insecurity and low self esteem the America we know would not exist.

Exactly. We might have something better. Like Disneyworld.




Originally posted by mopusvindictus/
The Vindictive Mope only smiles when he feels like it... I hate Disney, if they propose a draft and anyone can hack a computer good... Please move all Disney kids to the top of the list so they can know what it is like to be a real American entertainer like Elvis was.


I'm rather the stoic myself. I've never fit into society very well because I'm not good at "playing the game". I dissociate, yeah - heck, I even enjoy a couple of Disney feature animations on occassion, but Elvis?

The Flying Elvi are more my taste...



[edit on 9/16/08 by GENERAL EYES]



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES
 


Thank You... for Remembering Escape from Witch Mountain

Disney at one point actually had thought in what it did, it's cartoons had real depth, it's animation was sate of the art not farmed out to creative brilliance held in check by guaranteed checks (Pixar) and it's stories like that one made a kid think a bit...

and

I Blame McDonalds... for everything from Trans fat clogged brains to Pedophile Clowns...


But mainly in this case

For the idea that if you give one less pack of ketchup out per car at the drive through...some ass in a suit gets a Million dollar bonus somewhere

That sort of philosophy has permeated corporate America, don't know if it has a name but I know exactly when it started and that was it... The One Less Ketchup packet formula of McDonalds...

from there it became one less person at the register, one less real lightbulb, one less parking spot, oneless person to carry your bags...

and in Disneys Case...

Why ever inspire any kids to be creative.... when you already have a Monopoly on the Industry, the more depressed. materialistic and uninspired children are...the odds another company will unseat you just slide into your favor

So Disney Intentionally started putting out crap and takeing those govt matching funds checks for content

and

now they suck

and if a Pixar comes along, just own them financially

Disney is why there are hundreds if not thousands of indie Anime startups in Japan

and Jack Squat in America



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
lol, just a refrence to the fact that Elvis actually fought in a war and had a life not unlike any other joe much of his life, while todays Disney Stars are primadonnas at age 10.

Going back to the years where American entertainment was really being formed and how Real Elvis was and How real Disney was in those days


Not a fanboy Elvis moment lol...



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus
 


While we're at it - I couldn't help but notice your signature.

Think the Greys might have something to do with Disney?

Just curious.



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hello Rapinbatsisaltherage, nice to see you around the forums.

As for this post i have joked about it before but never have gave it to much thought and I'm not quite sure i would .. not trying to sound disrespectful to the threads creator either.





new topics
top topics
 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join