It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin allies sue to halt trooper probe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Palin allies sue to halt trooper probe

www.cnn.com

Allies of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin asked a judge Tuesday to halt the state Legislature's investigation into the firing of her public service commissioner, calling the probe a "McCarthyistic" inquisition.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Go get em' Sarah! The information that the state Legislature's investigation is headed up by 2 Democrats is very interesting indeed. This article suggests that the McCain's camp is asserting that there is a political motive behind this ongoing investigation, and until the probe is "partisan" politics and "taint", Palin will not be cooperating with the investigation. I have to agree with commentators on CNN earlier today who had mentioned that this probe is being stalled, prolonging it until after the election is over for the benefit of one candidate.

www.cnn.com

[edit on 16-9-2008 by ppskylight]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ppskylight

From what I saw earlier on CNN, the people pushing for the investigation are die hard Obama supporters. Those were the words used by the guy CNN was interviewing.

After hearing the details of this case, I have to beleive thats true. The whole thing seems completely contrived.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Any mis-doings by a person in an elected office should be investigated. This investigation started long before McCain picked her for a running mate and has nothing to do with the Obama people. A panel of 3 Republicans and 2 Democrats felt the need to continue the investigation and it should go forward. Her refusing to cooperate makes her look suspicious. These refusals to cooperate with the authorities is more of the same tactics used by the Bush Administration to avoid accountability for bad decisions and/or misuse of the elected office. She is not above the law. No one is above the law. Not even the President. Is this what we will look forward to if the McCain/Palin ticket gets elected?

Isn't this the same party that spent millions on Monica L/ Bill Clinton scandal?

What happened to her saying she will cooperate fully?

These people are scaring me more and more everyday.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ppskylight

Go get em' Sarah! The information that the state Legislature's investigation is headed up by 2 Democrats is very interesting indeed. This article suggests that the McCain's camp is asserting that there is a political motive behind this investigation, and until the probe is "partisan" politics and "taint", Palin will not be cooperating with the investigation.

www.cnn.com

In case you missed it, it's three republicans and two democrats and this investigation was started well before her pick as VP was made.

Personally if a person can't get their facts straight I think the thread should be closed, but hey, that's a mod decision.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
In case you missed it, it's three republicans and two democrats and this investigation was started well before her pick as VP was made.

Personally if a person can't get their facts straight I think the thread should be closed, but hey, that's a mod decision.

What I and others are suggesting is that it is being stalled and prolonged for the benefit of a certain candidate, by the backers of that candidate. My opinions and commentary on the matter should not be grounds for shutting down this thread, as my post is not attacking anybody, and is simply outlining a current news event. I have read the new temporary posting guidelines and I see absolutely nothing in any of my posts that would warrant this thread being shut down, as it is about a very relevant political topic. I commented on this topic, but my opinions are my own and are completely separate from the CNN article, I don't think anybody is getting my opinion confused with what I'm pointing out in the news. C'mon here people, grow up.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by ppskylight]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If there is no wrong doing; I would think that Palin would welcome the investigation and the result, regardless of who is on the panel.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Funny - until the press quits asking her tough questions, she won't answer any.

Until the probe quits being "taint", she won't cooperate.

I bet there's a lot of people wishing they knew that they could do that. How is this not like the Bush Administration?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Massgirl

However according to Alaskan constitution, the Legislator can only investigate the Governor office under the following circumstances:

1) If 2/3 of the Alaskan Senate votes for Impeachment

2) Or the above title action is "in re" with dealings with Legislator.

Otherwise the Alaskan legislator has no authority per the Constitution of the State of Alaska to investigate this matter..

[edit on 9/16/08 by mabus325]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
If there is no wrong doing; I would think that Palin would welcome the investigation and the result, regardless of who is on the panel.

The same could be said in regards to Obama's birth certificate.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mabus325

Originally posted by whaaa

The same could be said in regards to Obama's birth certificate.

This one?

my.barackobama.com...

Mabu, have you seen this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have read all the reports and online documentation and it is my well considered opinion that Sarah Palin should drop from the Vice Presidential nomination, we do not need another Dick Cheney. These lawsuits and probes need to completed for the sake of the United States of America and it's Laws. Otherwise you may as well just blow the Law out the window completely and in doing so, it shall be every man for himself and all the protections for certain people shall be overridden.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Did missy step out of line?

I am going to say probably much to everyones chagrin, this chicky girl Palin could make a rabid bad attitude pit bull look good.

She steams my oats.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
if it were Obama in this situation, do you think the republican party would push for an investigation? They went to town on the lipstick comment which was just ridiculous!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppskylight
What I and others are suggesting is that it is being stalled and prolonged for the benefit of a certain candidate...

Yes. For the benefit of McCain.

The original date that this probe was supposed to be finished was Oct. 31.
The McCain camp tried to get it postponed till after the election.
The commission said no, but they would move it to the first of October, to distance it from the election date.
That's when Palin refused to cooperate with the investigation she had earlier said she "welcomed" (by the same 2 Democrats and 3 Republicans, by the way)
And now they're suing to get it stopped altogether.
Why?

I agree with 2stepsfromtop. We don't need to continue the unlawful and "above the law" administration that we've had for the last 8 years. If she hasn't done anything wrong, let's continue the investigation and see the 1100 official emails she's refusing to release and get this over with before the election.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
[

The Alaskan State constitution, which is the law in Alaska, prohibits this kind of investigation.

You people who pretend to be in favor of law, always seem to ignore the constitution, whether it be a State's constitution or the US constitution.

At issue is the fact the council lacked a 2/3 Senate vote authorizing them to investigate for impeachment purposes.

Also the issue in question has nothing to do with dealings with the State House.

Therefore this investigation is Unconstitutional.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
[

The Alaskan State constitution, which is the law in Alaska, prohibits this kind of investigation.

You people who pretend to be in favor of law, always seem to ignore the constitution, whether it be a State's constitution or the US constitution.

At issue is the fact the council lacked a 2/3 Senate vote authorizing them to investigate for impeachment purposes.

Also the issue in question has nothing to do with dealings with the State House.

Therefore this investigation is Unconstitutional.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mabus325

Can you share your source for that? Thanks.

Because from what I can find, the Alaska Constitution says impeachment requires 2/3 of the Senate, but not an investigation.

Alaska Constitution

See Article II
Section 20

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What I don't get is if Palin is truly innocent of any wrong doing, why is she not pushing this investigation through herself. It would be a pretty good blow to the Dems if in the end she was cleared of any wrongdoing and could go out on the election circuit and go "See, I told you the truth. I didn't do anything wrong. I am a trustworthy candidate. This proves it".

It would also make the Dems look bad for sloshing this thing around when there really was no grounds for it.

EDIT: Correct spelling error

[edit on 9/17/2008 by DCFusion]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sorry. Messed up.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join