It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets ban books in the name of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The group's leader, the Rev. Dwight Holcomb, told board members, "You're going to answer to God Almighty for your decision."

Among the books the Crusaders for Christ want banned are "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck, "The Martian Chronicles" by Ray Bradbury and "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.

Okay, first off, who the hell is this guy? was he appointed God's representative? #ing cretin. I thought christianity teaches you to know right from wrong, so how the # could reading a book destroy all that you've been raised to believe? Is their faith really that weak?

I hate censorship and last I check church and state are seperate so imho irl they can take their censorship and shove it deep into the recess of their anal cavity which they call a head.

The Catholic church also banned books...

Great idea huh? Gee I wonder why they banned them.

idiots.

www.wsbtv.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think this is a load of Bull Crap! People can read a book if thye want. This is messed up.Him--->

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i want to ban this a-hol or anyone else who wants to ban/burn books from life...

AF1

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hitler did the same thing.
Funny too cuz the first people Hitler discriminated against was all the gays.

If we are gonna ban books why don't we start with the bible........

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Among the books the Crusaders for Christ want banned are "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck, "The Martian Chronicles" by Ray Bradbury and "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee

Even more proof that people SUCK! Would somebody please put a foot in that guys ass. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
aren't these the same idiots who wanted to ban Harry Potter?

banning books is just plain ridiculous...I really hate self-righteous mofus

top topics

join