It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Campaign of Lies and Smears Against Kucinich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The Campaign of Lies and Smears Against Kucinich

Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) says he won't cease his efforts to hold the president and his administration accountable for their alleged abuses of power just because George W. Bush will be returning to his Texas ranch come January.

Dear Friend of Liberty,

Immigration and Healthcare are serious matters. That's why the Republican smear machine is going into overdrive to misrepresent the facts and mislead voters about Congressman Dennis Kucinich’s record. Read this and know why this election is important for Ohio and America, and arm yourself with the facts to expose Republican falsehoods and fiction which are being circulated in printed literature in Ohio’s 10th Congressional District.

FICTION: Republicans say "Kucinich voted against Children's Health Insurance Program (S-Chip) because it did not cover children of illegal immigrants."

FACT: Dennis stood up for the children of LEGAL immigrants. Dennis voted against one version of the S-CHIP bill specifically because it did not cover the children of LEGAL immigrants. He stood up and spoke out strongly to protect the health care of more than 400,000 children in America who were ignored and excluded from coverage in the bill. Dennis comes from Ohio's 10th District, a community of many immigrant peoples.

FICTION: Republicans say "Kucinich voted against prescription drugs benefits for seniors."

FACT: Dennis took on Big Pharma. Dennis voted against the notorious Medicare Part D which passed by a single vote and took cost controls off the big drug companies. He voted against giving them multi-billion dollar windfall profits.

FACT: Dennis Takes on the Insurance Companies. Dennis is the author of the MEDS Act which would provide senior citizens with a full prescription drug benefit, cost-free under Medicare. Dennis is also the co-author and the driving force nationally for HR 676, Medicare for All. It is a single-payer system that covers all medically necessary services for all Americans.

These facts can easily be checked out here:
www.votesmart.org... and Key Votes can be seen here:
projects.washingtonpost.com...

Currently, $2.4 trillion is spent each year for "health care." But 1 out of every 3 dollars ($800 billion annually) goes for the activities of the private insurance 'industry' such as corporate profits, stock options, executive salaries, advertising, marketing, cost of paperwork, etc.), rather than actual health care services. Dennis' bill, drafted with Congressman John Conyers, reallocates that wasted $800 billion to pay for medical care and services for people who need them.

These lies against Dennis on immigration and health care are coming from the very same person who, as chairman of the GOP in Ohio's largest county, collaborated with Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell to suppress the Democratic vote in 2004, which enabled George Bush to win Ohio and the election! Now he is trying to suppress votes for Dennis by manipulating voters with a campaign of lies and smears.

Send a history-making message to Congress:

1,000,000 signatures for impeachment.

On September 10, 2008, we want to deliver ONE MILLION signatures to
Congress urging them to exercise their Constitutional authority and mandate to
hold this President - and all future Presidents - accountable

Kucinich Petition

WHEREAS, in his conduct while President of the United States, George W. Bush, in violation of his constitutional oath to faithfully execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has committed abuses of power.

THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that President George W. Bush has acted in a manner contrary to his trust as President and Commander in Chief, and subversive of constitutional government, to the prejudice of the cause of law and justice and to the manifest injury of the people of the United States and that he be impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors.

kucinich.us...

The petition can be signed and sent in support to the Congress. You can send a Fax to Congrees for free here:
www.numbersusa.com...
(Registration Required to fax)

“…clear Presidential crimes…”
So says Constitutional law expert Jonathan Turley in an interview with MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann about Congressman Dennis Kucinich’s 35 Articles of Impeachment against President George W. Bush – a document that Olbermann calls “a remarkably lengthy and thorough record of high crimes and misdemeanors.
kucinich.us...

Dennis Kucinich addresses the Democratic National Convention, Tuesday, August 26, 2008 Speech text:
dialfordennis.com...

Watch the Video here:
kucinich.us...

Kucinich's 'wake-up' call -- From NBC's Abigail Williams Wake Up America!
firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

FISA bill violates 4th Amendment

In an impassioned floor speech, Congressman Kucinich warns of the dangers of secret surveillance and blanket wiretaps of innocent U.S.
Link to video:www.youtube.com...

kucinich.us Forum: forum.kucinich.us...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
In reference to the H.R. 676 Bill. I have always known that America didn't have a universal health care, but after watching Michael Moore's 'Sicko' I hop[e for all your sakes that it passes. To equate human life to a dollar figure and deny treatment is just criminal. Although after the last few weeks and the bailout of Wall St I guess nothing will change as you guys will have no money for the federal government to spend on health care anyway.

I feel lucky to live in a country where sickness will not mean I loose my home as I have debts in the many thousands of dollars.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've been a Kucinich supporter for years and I think he is the bravest most heroic person in the US today . He gets so much ridicule and derision and he fights on ,I message him a couple of times a week and tell him that he is my hero and a true advocate for the American people . He is a brave man and we need more like him. I voted for him for Pres. twice, how different things would be now if he had been elected

new topics

join