It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rt. 59 object in sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hello, this is my first post but I am a long time visitor to the site. While returning home from the RT.59 Naperville, IL metra stop I noticed a bright object in the sky it appeared to be hovering slowly it then gradually disappeared, shortly afterwards it reappeared and reapeated what happened. That was the final time it showed up. around five minutes later a jet showed up and then after it passed another one did. this was all very noticable because there are no clouds in the sky and it occured around 2:30pm
Does anyone have any idea what this could be? also did anyone else witness this? sorry I cannot provide any photos but it was unexpected.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
No. I didn't see it. I'm sorry.

But....

I am about a half-mile from IL Rte 59 only up in Lake County in Ingleside. At 2:30, the most annoying weedwhacker sound was cutting it's way through the Metallica: Death Magnetic that I had cranked up. It was like the weedwhacker was in the room, decibel-wise, because I had James & Co. friggin LOUD and the noise was still annoying. I was so intrigued that I paused the playback and tried to identify the noise, which, while rocking, I attributed to the next-door neighbor trimming his side garden, right outside my window here.
So, I turn down the music and realize it wasn't a weedwhacker noise at all, it more resembled the whine of an RC car or plane. Similar, but, different. So, I make a point of looking for the source of the noise by standing up and looking out the window. Nuthin. No weedwhacker, no RC car zipping around in the street or anything.
So, I go outside on my porch. I try to identify the sound's direction when I realize it's coming from, like, right above me, or, behind me or around me like stereo surround.
Just as I realize this, the sound fades from significant to nothing. No sound at all. Like the volume was steadily, but, quickly turned off.

I thought to myself, "Huh....that was just odd...", went back inside and continued my day. Like nothing even happened.

Kinda weird now. Well, weirder...hmmmmm

Cuhail

new topics

join