It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In The Event of A U.S Meltdown Where Would You Go?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

The history of the world is a history of migrations of people.

"We" didn't do anything. Some peoples ancestors may have participated in these events but neither you nor I did these things.

It also seems very easy for people to throw around the term genocide. Was there an actual plan? Or was it just people expanding into the territories, basically one culture dominating another culture which to me seems like the history of the world.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm not in any position to head anywhere far. Maybe to some relatives in MI, but the reality is that if/when this takes place...nobody will do much of anything, except survice with what you have on hand.

I figure that being able to take care of yourself and family for a few weeks/month then see what comes from that initial crash and go from there.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Well first it would be scary and there would be more than civil unrest, but a lot of death. If it lead to a lot death where my life is threatened I would head up the mountains, even though I hear that wouldn't be safe it was still in U.S. soil even. It would have to be a place hidden, very well hidden and I would have to be other people that thought the same way I did. Leave the country or find a remote area and rebuild your own civilization else where. It would be the only way if you start over again in my opinion. I would like to think I would be an area where the weather is normal such as rain, sun, and snow. But, anywhere else would be dangerous. The worst case is that you have no where to go and no where to start over then you might as well be dead as sad as that sounds.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm staying in central New York. I think we are a great baseline for how bad a local economy could be. I'll agree though that Buffalo is probably worse off. Really, people here are used to companies leaving the area. That coupled with a realistic real estate market means that really it can't get worse. Oh, and we're taxed for everything in this state.

If anything, I expect people to flee from this area if the SHTF. There's not much to steal around here except for building materials from the already highly vacant downtown Syracuse area.

We actually have great agricultural areas and a booming wine industry. The border is two hours north or west. Lots of water and fish. Mountain wilderness is an hour away.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join