It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA info suggests Iran worked on nuclear missile?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
"VIENNA, Austria (AP) — The U.N. nuclear monitoring agency shared new photos and documents purporting to show that Iran tried to refit its main long-distance missile to carry a nuclear payload, said diplomats who attended the meeting Tuesday."

AP

This is not surprising at all.

Iran is denying it-well Duh!!!

Everyone who thinks knows Iran IS working on Nuclear weapons, so they are preparing a missile to carry a nuclear warhead is the next natural step.

This is the U.N.'s I.A.E.A. , not the US saying so.

We all know Russia is building their Nuclear reactor's and such, It would not surprise me at all if Russia was stupid enough to give them Nuclear bomb technology/bomb's to Iran.

[edit on 9/16/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Also from that article.

The presentation relied on photos and documents pertaining to what U.S. intelligence says were Iranian efforts to work on nuclear weapons program up to 2003. After that year, according to a U.S. intelligence estimate, Iran apparently stopped such activity.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Fir clarification it should be said Iran has been working on a nuclear CAPABLE missile. The missile only becomes a nuclear missile after the warhead is loaded.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Of course they are builing the bomb.
The same way israel, Pakistan and India are building the bomb.
The only reason we, the west are focusing on Iran building the bomb, is because we plan on military action. If they get the bomb, we wont be able to touch them.

Iran knows this, and are building it to ensure their nations survival, because as Iraq proved, if you dont have 'the bomb' they will occupy you, kill your citizens and setup industry.

Iran deserve the bomb, because they havent attacked since the days of persia and medievil rule. they deserve the bomb bceause someone needs to ensure 'MAD' exists within the Middle east to counter ISRAEL's nuclear weapons.

If Iran dont get the bomb, exactly what is happening now, will continue to happen. Israel dictating and judging all by itself.

Iran are not building 'powerplants' in the mountains are they. Of course not!.

IAEA as as reliable as US intel, which is probably where most of their stuff comes from anyway.

The U.S. and its allies allege that Iran wants to develop its uranium enrichment program to make nuclear weapons. But oil-rich Iran insists it only wants to make nuclear energy, and IAEA oversight and inspections of its known enrichment program has not found any evidence that contradicts that.

Iraq showed how fake 'pictures - audio and movie ' can be.

After all, we had audio of saddams men talking about the removal of weapons.
We had photos of production plants teaming with trucks and weapons.
We had powerpoint presentations of all the proof in the world..

have we all forgotten this ?

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I have to disagree with you on saying that Iran "deserves" to have atomic weapons. It may be true that Iran hasn't attacked anyone for hundreds of years - but that doesn't mean they won't in the future. Did you forget that Hitler had not attacked anyone before 1939? All of his moves were purely defensive as well --- up to the point they changed. I think it is also safe to say that most murders have never killed anyone before either.

I am sure that Iran is a beautiful country with amazing history and culture and that 99% of the people are as peace-loving as you or I am. Unfortunately, they are not the ones in charge at this point in time. The current group of people in charge of Iran are religious fanatics. The problem with religious fanatics is that their goals (or fantasies) are more important to them then anyone’s life – even their own. If you are trying to achieve a “cause greater than life itself” then the time proven deterrent philosophy of MAD doesn’t work. MAD depends upon both sides wanting to continue to exist. If one side of the equation sees their continued existence as less important than the overall goal, then NO deterrent exists.

The following link is a good discussion of this situation. I know it is from a Christian conservative web site, but I think the author makes some good points. Many wars have started because the two sides did not understand each other’s wants, demands or fears. It seems to me that many Western nations don’t want to believe that Iran is dangerous so they are finding excuses to support that belief. By the time Europe and its allies finally gave up on their fantasy that Hitler wasn’t a threat they had already lost half of Europe. I don’t see how the similarity to the current situation could be any more obvious but I realize I am still in a minority.

Link

top topics

join