It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Ron Paul Grills Lying Asst Secretary Of State on Georgia Conflict

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What I would give to see a nationally televised debate between Dr. Paul, Obama, and McCain.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Originally posted by nunya13
But, honestly, coming from you...I'm sure more people will pay attention since you have more report with people here on ATS.

I think the word you wanted was "rapport," not "report," but I still caught the meaning.

Too bad there isn't an emoticon for **BLUSHING**. Sheeze, how embarrasing.

Ya know, I did try really hard to figure out how to spell it. I tried 'repor' and 'rapor' and it didn't work so I used my internet spell check (my last resort when I can't figure it out myself) and it suggested 'report'. I'm thinking "Ah, yes the 'T' is silent. Duh!!" All the while not flippin realizing, until you very kindly point it out
, what the word I chose really was.

It's really funny how the mind works sometimes when something is simply suggested to you in a different context...that should be an ATS topic

Mods, this is not an off topic post!!:

Ron Paul is definitely a screaming voice in a vacuum. And as much as they've tried to shut him up, more and more people are listening to him. I bet these people are starting to get scared.

But what's getting me is that we have just given billions of dollars to these companies who didn't even remotely DESERVE a handout and NOOOOOWW, we're given millions and even billions of dollars to these OTHER countries who got themselves in their own mess.

What about us, man!!! Where in heck is OUR handout??? Why are people losing their houses, their jobs, their businesses, the shirt off their backs? Why is healthcare in this country failing miserably?

Imagine what all this money they just literally gave away in the past couple months ALONE could have helped:

Severely underfunded education system
Sky rocketing price of health care
umm...HELLO...Social Security anyone?
It could've helped the problem of coming up with an initial investment to start finding and utilizing alternative energy. Energy independence anyone?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Watch what happens now...

Georgia will ask for more "aid" and we'll give it to them. Then we'll make a deal with them allowing us to put part of our Missile Shield in their country.

Russia will get (more) angry about it and there will be threats and disagreements, resulting in the "accidental" firing of a missile at Russia and the beginning of another war.

Got any kids in Junior High right now? Enjoy them while you can.

Hey, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not after me!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ron Paul sounded like a run-of-the-mill anti-war/gov't/etc protestor. His basic points:

The old saw of "money is better spent at home". Very shallow thinking.

The claim that there are people in the US against helping others shows his philosophy of isolationism.

We are doing this for "big oil interests". Does he realize the importance of the BTC pipeline to Europe, our allies?

His first question about using Navy ships to deliver aid was downright silly.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

And another thing, we're not in a financial crisis right now either...you just go ahead and pat yourself on the back

In the mean time...how is it that someone who was 1st or 2nd in just about every debate that he was in (Ron) gets kicked out of the final debates; I do know the answer to this but it just gets me

Go back and watch the debates that he was in, he answers promptly, accurately and without having to strain for a 'pc' answer. It just kills me more people don't get their heads out of the sand and really 'see' whats going on in the world around them.

And another thing, most people don't even have accurate information on where Ron Paul stands on issues. The nice thing is you can go back and look over all his house position papers and bills and see a consistent record of where he stand on every issue without worrying about flip-flopping stances and changing his opinions; or having to read it from some recently posted campaign funded web site or blog.

(edit for grammer x 2)

[edit on 9/17/2008 by toepick]

[edit on 9/17/2008 by toepick]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

And further..how did someone who consistently didn't even PLACE in any of the polls for most of his debates end up being our Presidential Candidate??

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

DD This has to be the only thing you and I agree on. Dr. Paul is a good guy. A little creepy but he is a very smart man. Good post S&F

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
How I saw the whole Georgia/Russian thing is like this:

Georgia decide one day they want to try and get South Ossetia back, They invade South Ossetia and start tearing the place up.

I would like to point out as some of you know - that Mikhail Saakashvili already had TV News crews in his office before Russia let rip because it was all over the media here in the UK.

Anyway, he starts a fight with Russia and her people, then looks to the UN/Nato etc for backup when things get rough. There's loads of blame flying all round the place, the Russians are doing what any other country would do and that's try and protect its people.

Then there's the usual 'The Russians are shooting everyone, the Georgia are shooting every propaganda crap that always flies around these conflicts.

Russia being Russia, dig there heals in when the agreements were made and then the US etc gets involved all of a sudden to tell Russia to FRO.

How in the hell can the general population of Earth not see what's going on. I am by no means into political stuff but this is so obvious its silly.

Now all the mention of Pipelines etc and yet again Oil and Rice is on her soap box preaching the does and don'ts and basically pissing everyone off.

In a nutshell, Georgia (Mikhail Saakashvili) was the school yard bully that thought he could take on the local rebel with a cause, he calls for backup - does'nt get it and then promptly gets his arse handed to him (To be expected I mean who in their right mind rattles Russia's cage) Then suddenly the teaches (Rice) gets involved and tried to tell everyone what to do which of course does'nt go down too well.

Rice needs to get herself some and stop poking people in the eye demanding this and that.

This is how I see all this Geogia/Russia thing. Hoping I have it right.

Ron Paul, tells it like it is. I love watching him and you can see that the other guy was basically quoting script.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by StarTraveller]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Actually everyone is missing the true problem. We need to secure our borders and boot out the masses of illegal immigrants who keep taking from the system, while not giving back.

I know this is off topic, but I felt it should be briefly addressed...

I have known a number of "illegal immigrants" in my time - every one of which were: cleaning houses, picking up garbage, gardening, painting, hauling, fetching, toting and so on, mostly for those affluent ones who would today stand and demand we "do something about the illegal immigrants!"

The only "illegal immigrants" I personally met that were NOT "giving back" were under 10 years of age.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I really wish there was some way to do a 'negative' star to posters like yourself.

Stick your head in the sand all you want, the truth is out there!

Go, DD!!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Very shallow thinking.

Very intelligent thinking.

The claim that there are people in the US against helping others shows his philosophy of isolationism.

How so? Just because he wants to help out our own country, which is in economic turmoil, doesn't mean he wants to isolate us from the rest of the world.

Originally posted by jsobecky
We are doing this for "big oil interests". Does he realize the importance of the BTC pipeline to Europe, our allies?

Do you realize the importance of getting away from fossil fuels?

His first question about using Navy ships to deliver aid was downright silly.

I don't see how it's silly. We use the civilian sector for all kinds of military roles now. From simple things such as cleaning out latrines and cooking to more important things like shipping military supplies and vehicles.

Why deliver humanitarian aid to a foreign country in a military vessel when we have civilian vessel (granted: with military personnel aboard) shipping military cargo? Now THAT'S silly.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Check out this article:

Ron Paul Blasts "Secret Government" Running Economy

Congressman Ron Paul has issued a stinging address concerning the financial crisis in which he outlines how the current economic problems, created via malinvestment and shift to a debt based economy, are now being mismanaged by private interests in secret.
"The interesting thing is that they (the financial institutions) don't come to the Congress, I mean the Federal Reserve buys them out, they own it. We as tax payers now own Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and know one knows how much that will cost. They don't come to the Congress, we don't have appropriations, it's done by secret government, private individuals behind the scenes maneuvering and manipulating and trying to patch things up. While in the meantime, I'm sure there's a few people making a couple of bucks out of this whole thing."

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The more I see of this Ron Paul fella, the more impressed I am. As someone from the UK I can honestly say this guy is a breath of fresh air compared to some of your other politicians.
With the exception of Obama, I haven't seen another US politician in recent tears with such good oratory skills, sharp mind and just good old common sense!
Would love to see this guy in a free debate, with no intrusions by the media with Mccain.
What a waste that the best people never get a look in!!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I love RP as well BUT..
Were the devil is he running off to at the end. Looking for a phone booth to turn into superman?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Russia has highly skilled rescue teams. Uh, this is a conspiracy forum, not a fiction forum. IMHO, there ARE no rescue groups of Russia, unless for Russian military people. At least none I have ever heard of. Anyone else know of any?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Double D...
I always give you a hard time but I have a serious question,

Should the U.S EVER spend money to spread its "thinking" elsewhere?

Doesn't logic say that spending XXX amount of money/blood/time there help people there AND here?

You are advocating simple isolationism and that has never worked.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Dr. Ron Paul is a genius. Do you realize that our country would be so much better and so much more economically secure if we had him as our president. I truly, and I mean this truly think that if this was a fair election he would win. He is 100% focused on Americans wants and needs. If it wasn't for the god **** Mass Media corrupting the news and saying lies about Ron Paul being out of the election. It kills me to know so many people that don't know anything about Ron Paul because they haven't seen him on the Television. That's pathetic. The government knows that this is a generation of brain washed citizens and they are taking full advantage of us (whens the last time you've read a book?). All Ron Paul would do is step into their plans for their One World Government...I for one am ready to stand up with Ron Paul and everyone else and stop this corruption.

Oh yeah if you haven't watched it yet look up Rally for the Republic in the search and watch all the videos with Jesse Ventura and Ron Paul. It will change your out look on so much.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious
reply to post by toepick

Russia has highly skilled rescue teams. Uh, this is a conspiracy forum, not a fiction forum. IMHO, there ARE no rescue groups of Russia, unless for Russian military people. At least none I have ever heard of. Anyone else know of any?

No. Because they don't exist.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You people seriously need to post somewhere else if your not at all intelligent.

OMG other people in the world have rescue teams!!! OMG other people in the world breath oxygen to!!

Chinese President Hu Jintao meets with representatives of the Russian rescue team

Hu said the rescue team did an "arduous job" and "took the risks" of fully engaging in the rescue work and saved a 61-year-old Chinese woman who had been buried for 127 hours. "Your act not only demonstrated great humanitarian spirit, but also revealed the Russian people's friendly affection toward the Chinese people." Hu added: "I am grateful to all of you on behalf of the Chinese people."

I know its a shock and it sucks when someone proves you wrong and makes you feel like a fool..but here again...

Russian rescue team arrives in Sichuan

MOSCOW -- A fourth Russian Emergencies Ministry aircraft took off from Moscow on Friday evening, carrying humanitarian aid to China, where a devastating earthquake has claimed over 20,000 lives in its southwestern Sichuan province

and finally, some eveidence that we CAN all live together and get along

Russian Rescue

Nottingham Zoology student, Kimberley Warren, was airlifted to safety last week after falling from a horse and breaking her leg in Russia’s remote Kamchatka region. Russian rescue teams were alerted to her plight by RAF Kinloss, thousands of miles away in Scotland, after a distress signal was picked up at their UK Mission Control Centre.

Really..next time you guys should think before you post

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
And I love this..why wasn't this all over the news when it happened..anyone hear about this??

In 2005 Russian EMERCOM delivered over 60 tons of humanitarian aid to hurricane Catherine victims in the US, using three flights of the Il-76TD heavy lifters.
source and Russia Sending Aid to U.S.

edit - they spell 'Catherine' in the article, however it is Katrina that they responded to

Apparently Russian was one of the FIRST to offer aid when we requested it from the EU... wiki

And to keep things OT, from Ron Pauls own mouth dealing with Foreign Policy

[edit on 9/18/2008 by toepick]

[edit on 9/18/2008 by toepick]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join