It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Ron Paul Grills Lying Asst Secretary Of State on Georgia Conflict

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Yet ANOTHER great short clip of Dr. Paul pointing out some very obvious, CONTINUED disastrous policies...His point about continued billions in aid to help create CONFLICTS around the world, while our OWN nation struggles with homelessness, poverty, and starvation just seems to fall on deaf ears...It's like he's the only sane person trying to use logic in an insane asylum. lol

And of course the usual lies and denials are spewed out by the propaganda mouthpieces.

What I like is that Paul is now saying that the PEOPLE are waking up to, and tiring of this continual instigating and bumbling foreign policy, particularly at the continual expense of our own sanctity...

[edit on 16-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hey there DD! So I hate to be a total BUMMER (cuz I hate when this happens to me. Someone ALWAYS seems to beat me to the punch)!! But I posted this last week, unfortunately no one seemed to care much about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com

But, honestly, coming from you...I'm sure more people will pay attention since you have more report with people here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Hey, no bummer whatsoever. I just starred and flagged your thread!

This is another one of those classics from Dr. Paul that as usual, gets no mention in the MSM or newspapers...Business as usual. lol

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
S & F for you too, because, you know OBVIOUSLY great minds think alike

As for the video...Ron Paul is a rock star! He always brings up points that you know they deliberately try to keep out of the public mind. They don't want you thinking too deep into things. But Ron Paul always tries to redirect the national conservation away from talking points.

What I don't get is the virtual silence that has fallen over this issue. It's still going on.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

This is the grandest of conspiracies. It has been overwhelmingly apparent through this entire electoral 3-Ring circus act. The MSM is ENTIRELY CONTROLLED by the Elite, who in turn control who will govern us. Folks like Paul and Dennis Kucinich do not bend to those elitist agendas, hence they are literally black-balled by the media and ignored. It is incredible how blatant this is to those who truly look.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is great stuff - really!

Props to you both for bringing this important discourse to our attention!

It's so f'ing refreshing to hear the voice of reason coming out of congressmen such as Ron Paul, Kunnich, and previously Cynthia McKinny.

Everything is so upside down now - the lunatics really HAVE taken over the asylum!

Let's pray it's not too late to lock them back up!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
What I liked was how Paul pointed out the politically incorrect fact that those billions used to aid countries like Georgia and Israel could help people, Americans in THIS country, rise above poverty and hard times.

No wonder the economy's bad. We waste money.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Screw Georgia. They don't want to be our friends, their government wants our money, that's all. While we have a trillions of dollars in debt, Iraq is awash in surplus, while we suffer the loss of our financial safety net, the idiots in power see it fit to give even more money that we don't have to countries that could care less about us. This is ridiculous.

Georgia can be annexed by anyone for all I care. I want my money back.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Shades of Herr Doktor Gobbels,
You can grillum, you can roastem and the results will always be the same.
The administration mouthpiece will always stick to the party line. Denials are his job...Dr. Paul is on a fruitless quest to change the Republican party from within. Right as he may be, when in the presence of the good-ole-boys, those back-slappen, pork-grabbers known as Congressmen his good judgement will always be ridiculed.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
It's like he's the only sane person trying to use logic in an insane asylum. lol

Heh! Talking with reason rarely works on those who've already gone (power) mad...But just think of the results when "they" have, in turn, driven the rest of us all mad. There will certainly be hell to pay...

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
...that the PEOPLE are waking up to, and tiring of this...

Also, consider that those who've gone power-mad think that they're the ones who hold the power in America (& the rest of the world)...In reality, the people are waking up to the fact that the real power has been in their own hands all along!

Source: Excerpt--Preamble: Declaration of Independence

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government...

(Bold emphasis is mine)

Originally posted by nunya13
But, honestly, coming from you...I'm sure more people will pay attention since you have more report with people here on ATS.

I think the word you wanted was "rapport," not "report," but I still caught the meaning.

Psst! Just between you & me, I think DD himself may be a bit "over the edge"...He must be spending so much time searching for good stuff to post here that I don't think he sleeps at all...At least DD seems to have gotten past the "hallucinatory stage" of forced sleeplessness, because he seems to be spot on with his posts.

At any rate, it's a good video...I have problems with videos because my slow dialup connection has to spend 3-4 minutes of loading for each 1-2 seconds it plays. Still, I "bit the bullet" & waited for this particular video. Even though you posted it before DD did, I like to think of an an old saying, "If it sounds good, play it in stereo."

Besides, the way it was described in your thread how Dan Fried started hemming & hawing from Dr. Paul's questions & statements...I just had to see that, regardless of the trouble I have with videos. I loved his expression near the end when Fired had the look as if Ron Paul had just shot him in the chest before he ran off!

Originally posted by projectvxn
I want my money back.

Oooo, them's serious fightin' words, pardner...I prefer to say, "I revoke my consent to let you govern." Every time you mention that you want your money back from the government, you hit them in their weakest point...Their wallets! So they have to send in the Extortion Artists...Oooops! Pardon me...The IRS...to take your money back for the Fed Res Bank loans.

My phrase sounds more like the "Declaration of Independence" which eventually led to the Constitution...Which Dr. Paul has spent over 30 of his years upholding as per his Oath of Office. Say, don't they all have to take the Oath of Office to occupy any Office of Public Trust, right down to the city's Dogcatcher?: See the Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, Clauses 8 & 9, plus Article 6, Clause 3.

I'd bet that all of those jerkwads in government right now are blaming Ron Paul for ruining their credibility...When they fail to recognize the fact that they never had any credibility to begin with. The only thing that they could blame Dr. Paul for is to be pointing it out to the public...

[edit on 16-9-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Another great find Dimensional! I've been a quite spectator since I've been a member of this board and I must say sir you've consistently provided us with quality material such as this!

I for one am a strong supporter of Ron Paul, God bless him and God bless you sir! Keep it coming!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yes another truthful and down right great video of Ron Paul. A true Patriot indeed.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
What I liked was how Paul pointed out the politically incorrect fact that those billions used to aid countries like Georgia and Israel could help people, Americans in THIS country, rise above poverty and hard times.

No wonder the economy's bad. We waste money.

Actually everyone is missing the true problem. We need to secure our borders and boot out the masses of illegal immigrants who keep taking from the system, while not giving back.

One of the reasons why the economy is down in a rut is due to the massive number of foreclosures we have seen recently. A great deal of these came about through the granting of bank accounts, loans, and mortgages to millions of illegal immigrants who are not even a part of "The System".

Another reason, and one which everyone seems to have completely neglected, is that we were in an EXTREMELY High Period in regards to our Economic Status. The Market was so High, that to any observant American or Individual for that matter, they should have known that it would burst sooner or later. I have heard knowledgeable citizens state such as far back as 10 years or more! This was expected by many, and now so many wish to act as if it is some twisted surprise. A prosperous Economy can only remain so Profitable for a limited amount of time.

A Third reason is that this is a result of the Greed which has consumed many Americans over the past couple of Decades. Many CEO's, Boards, and Business Owners have done everything they could to simply make quick bucks, without any future planning whatsoever. Multiple large Corporations have been bought out in recent years, and been forced to push forth with massive layoffs. Look at the Airline Industry for instance. How many have merged within recent history, and how many employees have been terminated? The numbers are huge.

Fourth, we keep Outsourcing jobs to far too many Nations. This obviously takes away MANY of the lower income jobs we could utilize for our unemployed. It is also a MAJOR National Security Risk.

Considering the Aforementioned, providing Aide to Foreign Allies is the least of America's Problems.

As far as Ron Paul's Accusation of Military Warships being a "Provocative Move", he lacks any knowledge of basic logistics. The reasons why supplies are moved through the United States Navy are:

- The USN already has a mobilized fleet of ready and willing ships, along with professional personnel.

- The USN is not only well experienced in such duties, they also have a great track record of timely deliveries, reliable deliveries, and manage to account for any missing or damaged goods as well.

- The fact that the USN is delivering supplies, means that no Pirates, Rogue Nations, or Enemies will intercept nor steal such shipments.

- Having the USN deliver aide items provides a Public and Trusted Display that such shipments have originated from the United States of America. This is Positive for obvious reasons.

- The USN also brings along Fuel Ships (Oilers), Hospital Vessels, De-Salination Facilities, Salvage Vessels, etc. and if need be can protect Valuable Assets of our Allies.

- The USN is also well versed in Rescue Missions, both At Sea and On Land. In a time of Disaster, especially in a Nation with little to no Emergency Management System, this is crucial.

The list can go on, and on, and on.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I think Daniel just got FRIED.

Dr. Paul is absolutely right in the case. We shouldnt be nosing around in other peoples business. Not only in Georgia, but in the 130 or so countries around the world as well. It is going to take more Dr. Pauls to start making a difference in congress.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'm sure Russia has some highly skilled rescue teams as well...I wonder how well we would handle it if Russia sent 'humanitarian' aid to Cuba via a Naval fleet...well intentioned or not

Our money problems are because they keep spending money we don't have, and printing more to replace it...a billion here, a billion there..80 billion more here...my god, how much are we in debt?? And when the rest of the world realizes how worthless the US dollar has become because we just kept making more out of thin air..whats going to happen then? ops..thats right, Ron Paul was actually right, its happening now..not 'then' anymore

But thats okay, I guess its all for a 'good cause' right?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Hey there DD! So I hate to be a total BUMMER (cuz I hate when this happens to me. Someone ALWAYS seems to beat me to the punch)!! But I posted this last week, unfortunately no one seemed to care much about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com

It actually crossed my mind various times before. With all due respect to Dimensional Detective as his posts often contain high quality information.

I've been noticing and wondering why his threads seem to be put on top of the page (banner) almost instantly, whereas people who started a thread about exactly the same topic before him did not get this mass attention generating place on the site.

No offence, just curious...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Kudos to Paul!

This other guy is supposed to be the Asst. Secretary of State and he doesn't even know who really attacked who?

I guess he only "knows" what he's told. Like most American's he's too busy or unwilling to gather information and look at a subject objectively to deduct his own conclusion. I can't believe the incompetence running amok in Washington.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Thou shall rule by distraction and chaos Neo Con plan). This distracts from our debt and constant war problems...criminals in our government. We are now old Russia full of corrupt leaders (in all sectors of our society...government, religious, business, etc.).

Their World Government goal is unworkable and dangerous for our survival. Ego and greed is the rule of the day.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.x211
Yes another truthful and down right great video of Ron Paul. A true Patriot indeed.

This man is refreshing to listen to, i am not a citizen of the U.S.A and as such i do not have a dog in the fight , but i cannot believe that this man is not held in higher regard , he espouses everything that Americans should stand for, if you`ll permit me telling you your business.
I live in a country with a population of only 4.5 million , we have five parties................... America needs a third party ... at least .
IMHO.

And perhaps an unbiased media .

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
said it like it is.. now thats a man that needs to run for president.. no wonder the media has a blackout.. he will win hands down!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join