It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat Issue

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by machinegun_go_go

Chat is bad for me too and has been the last few days that I've tried to log in. What's up

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Xeros]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ditto.

Screen loads, and locks up on "logging in now".

*sigh*

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
my chat doesnt work either....it comes up and says connecting but thats it....can someone tell me what is wrong with it??? ive cleared history and cache...but i still cant get it

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
OK, when I clicked on this thread after using the search function, the date said Oct 17, 2010. I even went back and double checked. Odd.

Anyway, chat function still not working? Blank window after I accept the chat terms and conditions. No chat voyeur either.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Anyway, chat function still not working? Blank window after I accept the chat terms and conditions. No chat voyeur either.

I believe this is a browser issue. (not 100% sure though)

Try changing it and see if that works..

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I usually use google chrome with no problems. I just switched over to firefox, and got the same issue. It addresses me as snowspirit, but still a blank window beyond the terms I agree to.

IE is useless on this computer. Clashes with everything. I gave up on it.

I never used the chat on this site before so I just thought I would check it out.

Oh well. Snow has another place to chat if I really feel the need to

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Have you tried clearing out your temp files and cookies etc.

I just tried loading chat with both FF and IE and did not encounter any problems on either.

FWIW: There are currently 13 chatters and 3 voyeurs in chat, so it appears that both features are functioning.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Still the same. I cleared all cookies and temp files, tried in both chrome and firefox. Still just a grey blank screen.
I've tried it a few times with no change.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nfinity8
my chat doesnt work either....it comes up and says connecting but thats it....can someone tell me what is wrong with it??? ive cleared history and cache...but i still cant get it

I think you have to have a minimum of 100 posts before you can get into chat... don't quote me on that... but was true, last I checked.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This probably doesn't help anyone having chat issues, but I just checked and could access chat using both Firefox and Chromium.

Hmmmm... it's a mystery.

edit on 31-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Just checked it again. Still plain gray screens on the chat and the chat voyeur.
This is the first thing I've run into that my computer can't do. So strange

edit on 31-10-2010 by snowspirit because: testing something, didn't work

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well, I just did a search on "chat" and found a bunch of threads that don't help in any way. Some threads are closed, and they send you to another closed thread, which sends you to another closed thread.

A frustrating issue is searching for relevant threads, because the dates they were made are not in order, many are closed. Many are too old to be relevant.

I cleared out all history, temp files, cookies, etc yesterday trying to get it to work. Today I had to reset my way into bank accounts etc. Should not have to do that to chat. My privacy settings are about as low as they can get. Allowing pop ups and everything. I also have enough posts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
is what is across the tops of the chat and the chat monitor, I have accepted the terms etc. . Blank grey screens. Other people say it works.
I did find people in other (closed) threads that it didn't work for and they didn't seem to get any help either. At least not that I could tell from the closed threads. It would be hard to believe that I am the only one that is unable to chat, with enough posts.

I guess the best thing is to just forget about chatting here, as it seems unfixable. Some can chat, some cannot.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join