It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voice that I heard....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So last night I was laying in bed and had just stopped speaking with my wife. We were going to sleep and about 5 minutes after we quit talking I heard something that sounded like someone said my name. It was only one time and it sound like the voice had a metallic/static sound to it. I didn't say anything to my wife about it last night but ask her this morning if she had said anything to me and she said no.

Even if she would have said my name there is no way she could have sounded like what I heard. Anyone ever have this same thing happen?
Please do not rip me apart on this because I am just stating what I heard and making no assumptions as of yet.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yes, itś happen to me a few times, lying on my bed alone, and suddenly from nowhere I hear this dark male voice says, quite high but not screaming; "Marius". I have tried to communicate back, but with no luck. Scary...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MikielTheory

The voice was female that you heard ?

Did it sound like your wife's voice slightly ?

Now i know that your wife did not call your name as she clearly stated she did not when you asked her.

So please let me know the answer's to the first two question's.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I thought ive heard something like it.
But not really my name.But a voice.
Sometimes noises can sound like anything though.
It really could have been anything.
As long as the voice was coming into your ears and not inside your head then its normal to have auditory hallucinations.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Here is my recommendation (as a Christian)

Do not engage these voices or try to communicate with them.

I know a lot of people think they are "friendly spirits" and such, but they are just spirits masquerading as somebody you know.

If they try again, just turn a deaf ear...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

To be honest I couldn't tell whether it was male or female.

The voice sounded like it was an over processed sound effect voice from a movie that had a metallic sound to it with a static background noise.

If I were to guess I would say it were male just because thats the first thought that came into my head after I heard it.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Ye its happened to me once i was about 12 or 13 and i was at my cousins house and me and my cousin was alone in the house and then i heard a female voice say "billy" in a fairl high pitched voice we were soo scared we actually ran out the house

i was pretty terrified but im kind of curious now because ive never heard it again i dont know if it was paranormal but it was pretty scary.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Hi Mikiel,

don't worry that's happen to me many times in my life.
One of them, I heard the male voice calling me: I scared in that moment but I scared more the next day.

In fact, the voice I heard was of a person who worked with my father, and that I knew, who decided to suicide: I heard his voice calling me as soon as he dead.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
See that is my confusion with this whole situation is that I was the only one who heard it and I have never heard anything like it before. I would like to have this experience again so I could give better details to the sound of the voice but it was just so quick and Mike isn't really a name that takes more than a second to say.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
what does this have to do with aliens and ufos? i dont get it.

wrong forum maybe?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I've had this happen several times mostly at home when I'm relaxing. I don't know if the voice is male or female though. The voice is clear and usually gives me a start. The thing that gets me is that the voice or whatever it may be is quite distinct. I always seem to try and distinguish whether the voice is coming from the inside or outside of my head

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think Piccolo may be right. This does sound like something that is more appropriate for the Paranormal forum. Not so much UFO or alien.
disembodied voices are usually a paranormal phenomenon

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

At least three times that I can remember over the past several years, I have clearly heard one of my sons call "Mom?". All of those times, I was the only one in the house. When this happens, I call the child whose voice I heard. There has never been an emergency, but they do sound very happy to hear from me; almost like a comforting thing. I think that mothers and children are very "in tune" to each other.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

alot of people report hearing a metallic voice,synthetic as if its been transmitted with electromagnetism.

this guy is for one
www.abovetopsecret.com...

many victimes of electronic harrassment also report the same thing, a metallic voice that appears to be created with technology.

looks like were into a nother gray area again,there everywhere!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I heard a voice say "hi" that sounded like those toy canisters you flip over and it moo's like a cow, you know? A little round sound effect toy that works by pushing air through...whatever. However that works.

Anyway, it sounded like that: robotic with sort of a trailing off. It came from deep within. Scared me awake from sleep. I have no idea why but it just was "evil."

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hearing voices before sleep is quite normal and nothing to worry about. Very often it is your own name you hear called. Auditory hallucinations often happen when falling asleep or waking up. Stress and depression can also contribute.

Personally, I love listening to the voices in my head when I am falling asleep, I miss them when they are not there

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There is a psycological phenomenan that can explain this. I saw a program that was reaseaching people that heard voices in their head. The doctors claimed that their brains were wired so that they heard their own (subconsious) thoughts without knowing it themselves. Im just guessing that ordinary peoples brains can also do this sometimes. More likely than aliens trying to contact you, or dead people or something
Im not going to rule that out, though. When I was a kid I had a invisible friend that no one else saw or heard, when I was in my twenties I two times heard a clear voice talking to me, one angry male voicesaid "Leave me alone!" once when I was cleaning inside a cupboard, once I got knocked out of my body while meditating and a male voice calmly said "I will take your body now...", and once when I was praying with some people I heard a kind male voice in my had that said "I love you...". I believe in many things between heaven and earth, but we have to use logic on these things as it is the best thing we got, and I believe that our minds can play tricks on us like that. There is a principle in logic called "Occam's Razor", it claims that when confronted with two or more options the simplest one is the one that is most likely to be correct. So, what is more likely, that our electric brainwaves can sometimes take wrong turns in our brain under stress, or that aliens or dead people are talking to us from some invisible place?

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Acharya]

new topics

top topics

join