It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushes' 'New World Order' is Leading To 'Post American' Era: Bloomberg

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Bushes' 'New World Order' is Leading To 'Post American' Era: Bloomberg

www.bloomberg.com

Whichever man wins, he will inherit what Johns Hopkins University political scientist Francis Fukuyama calls a ``post- American world,'' replacing the U.S.-dominated ``new world order'' that President George H.W. Bush proclaimed after the collapse of the Soviet Union. No longer the ``hyperpower'' of the 1990s, the U.S. is slipping toward a first-among-equals status, narrowing the foreign-policy options of whoever moves into the White House in January.

For 20 years, U.S. leaders ``have assumed American dominance; they've assumed that they're working in a unipolar world,'' says Fukuyama, who gained fame in 1992 by declaring that the collapse of Soviet communism heralded the eventual triumph of liberal democracy in the ``end of history.'' Now, he says, ``there's been this big redistribution of power.''

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So the New World Order is setting us on the fast track to 3rd world status....Wonderful. Thanks Bush Family. Maybe we can elect Jeb Bush next to put the final nail in all our coffins. lol

Endlessly bumbling foreign policy...Endlessly destructive domestic policies. I guess the NWO's plan of collapsing the financial sector of middle class has been a smashing success.

Creating indefinite serfdom, servitude and debt slavery of the peons...

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetectiveSo the New World Order is going is setting us on the fast track to 3rd world status....Wonderful. Thanks Bush Family. Maybe we can elect Jeb Bush next to put the final nail in all our coffins. lol

If they could they would

I really wonder how many days left till crash point, I wonder how the economic collapse of the US will affect the foreign policy and how many countries will dump the US as ally

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

How in the world can you blame the Bush's for setting us on the 3rd world train to nowhere? Look at New Orleans and Detroit. Two democrat controlled cities, that are in complete shambles. It was a democrat who brought us NAFTA and its democrats that have been propagating a nanny state for the last few decades.

"Propagating a nanny state", whatever this is, is an interesting concept. I, however, don't see how it relates to reality and in fact what it means. Non only there are no nannies taking care of us, a lot of Americans find it hard to get medical care (and even that is a far cry from a "nanny state").

What's more, you simply tried to deflect the issue. What Bush has created is a state that is paralyzed on the international arena due to his obsession with invading the ME, with soaring healthcare costs, outsourced jobs and tax havens for corporations, and the middle class slipping down.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

So the New World Order is going is setting us on the fast track to 3rd world status....Wonderful. Thanks Bush Family. Maybe we can elect Jeb Bush next to put the final nail in all our coffins. lol

You never noticed how every time bush jr opens a business it fails?

This shouldn't be to much of a shocker to you.. Really...

He did what he set out to do, which was destroy this country by time he left and we all sat around and did nothing.. So we get what we damn well deserve..

Altho this excludes the people who was kicking and screaming the whole way about how he rigged 2 elections. But in the end there isnt much none of us can do.. just sit around and be poor..

Advice to all of you, buy as much crappy gold, silver, whatever now.. cause when the crap hits the fan, you will need it.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

What's more, you simply tried to deflect the issue. What Bush has created is a state that is paralyzed on the international arena due to his obsession with invading the ME,

How can you say this, when it was Clinton who beat the war drums against Iraq for a decade? It was Al Gore and the rest of that administration that really drilled the whole WMD/terrorist links in to people's heads. Yet, you're trying to rewrite history and convince us all that it was all Bush and his "obsession" with invading Iraq. Give me a break. Its my belief, that Al Gore would have also invaded Iraq had he won the presidency. Thats based on his past rhetoric, up to 2003.

If you're going to blame Bush for these problems, you have to include lots of democrats. Otherwise, you're just rewriting history.

with soaring healthcare costs, outsourced jobs and tax havens for corporations, and the middle class slipping down.

Outsourced Jobs? It was Bill Clinton who gave us NAFTA, not Bush!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
LOL! Looks like my OP was somewhat prophetic! Seems Jeb already IS part of the latest financial armeggeddon...

Lehman Hires Jeb Bush as private Equity advisor

NEW YORK, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Lehman Brothers has hired Jeb Bush, brother of the President of the United States, as an advisor to its private equity business, a source familiar with the situation said.

Lehman hired another relative of U.S. President George W. Bush last year--George Walker, a second cousin, who heads up the bank's asset management business.

Source:

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Nothing lasts forever,But we should forever work towards a greater society.I think that we can only conclude that these neo-con people are doing this country in with the information we have been given.it does not,at least outwardly,that we will progress as a decent society.

[edit on 113030p://3517 by daeoeste]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

How can you say this, when it was Clinton who beat the war drums against Iraq for a decade?

And yet he didn't resort to bogus intelligence, sleazeballs like Chalabi and utter scare tactics employed by Bush and his cicrle of amateur politicos.

Yet, you're trying to rewrite history and convince us all that it was all Bush and his "obsession" with invading Iraq.

What, you don't remember that this village idiot was repeatedly asking his advisors how they can best link (in PR terms) Iraq to 9/11 after the attacks? You don't know how the Wolfowitz gang was discussion the invasion and whether it would be "good for Israel"?

Give me a break. Its my belief, that Al Gore would have also invaded Iraq had he won the presidency.

Yeah, right.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Talk about hiring the fox to guard the hen house...

How dumb do people have to be to not see what is going on here?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

And yet he didn't resort to bogus intelligence, sleazeballs like Chalabi and utter scare tactics employed by Bush and his cicrle of amateur politicos.

Which intelligence did Bush use that wasn't touted pre-2001? Bush didn't make any claims that hadn't been made before he was in office.

What, you don't remember that this village idiot was repeatedly asking his advisors how they can best link (in PR terms) Iraq to 9/11 after the attacks? You don't know how the Wolfowitz gang was discussion the invasion and whether it would be "good for Israel"?

Again, there is no doubt regime change was US policy. Like I said, it was signed by Bill Clinton. I'm not sure how discussions about how it would affect Israel are proof of some grand NWO conspiracy. Remember, Israel was bombed by Saddam in 1991 during Operation Desert Storm.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Which intelligence did Bush use that wasn't touted pre-2001? Bush didn't make any claims that hadn't been made before he was in office.

Oh really? Maybe you could avail yourself of the timeline of events PAST the year 2001:

www.anatomyofdeceit.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think the point of this article is that starting with George H. Bush (Before Pres. Clinton) the U.S. has slowly started slipping as a world superpower. In the past Kennedy stood up to the Russians and the threat of nuclear war. Reagan demanded that the Iron Curtain be torn down and was a tough as nails, but now we're just happy if other nations think favorably of us at the Olympics.

Either we unapologetically embrace the United States as the best and greatest, or we embrace the "new world order" where all nations are equal. You can't have it both ways.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Quit frankly there is one other thing that all of these morons have n common that evey one of you missed:

YALE

The wannabe Harvard of the east coast set turning out preppy frosh boys who pay others to do their school work for them while they party hardy.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 2stepsfromtop

Ronald Reagan - Attended Eureka College

George H. Bush - Attended Yale.

William Clinton - Attended Oxford and Yale

George W. Bush - Attended Yale

And the current Nominees:

John McCain - United States Naval Academy

Barack Obama - Attended Harvard

If the NWO has it's way, Obama will be the next president. He's the Ivy League college graduate in this election. I suppose it didn't matter in the last two elections since since Al Gore was a Harvard graduate and George Bush and John Kerry were Yale Graduates. I suppose this is noteworthy. Very interesting indeed. Thanks for bringing this up.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Either we unapologetically embrace the United States as the best and greatest, or we embrace the "new world order" where all nations are equal. You can't have it both ways.

Sorry but I fail to see any logic in this. Nations will never be equal and that's a given. In turn, this doesn't mean that a single power determines the course of history, no matter how great she is. There is a whole spectrum of possibilities here and it's not as simplistic as you painted it.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I think that the leaders of a nation should believe that the nation they're leading is the best, or has the potential to be the best. It doesn't have to be the greatest and strongest but that should be a goal. Hopefully the leader of any group wants what's best for the group he/she is leading.

Back to what this article is adressing, the last batch of leaders that the U.S. has had might have alterior motives.

The modern use of the phrase "new world order," according to conspiracy theorists, originated in the early 1900s with Cecil Rhodes, who advocated that the British Empire and the United States should jointly impose a Federal World Government (with English as the official language) to bring about lasting world "peace".
source

The U.S. does seem to wane in power when it's leaders are globalists, and the U.S. gains power and stature in the world when it's leaders are stubborn. Is this why John F. Kennedy was killed? Although he attended Harvard, perhaps his stand-off with the Russians in Cuba was an example that he didn't want to play along with their game of NWO. Ronald Reagan was shot as well, but managed to survive because 3 other individuals took bullets meant for him.

What lies ahead? Obama has already taken his campaign trail overseas and rallied support from other counties. Is this a good thing? The author of this article doesn't seem to think so. Sure the world would like the U.S. more than ever, but at what price?

"If Obama is elected, I'm confident that in the first instance half of the anti-Americanism in the world would disappear,'" says Kishore Mahbubani, dean of the National University of Singapore's Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy. "The tragedy here unfortunately is that on the economic and trade front, Obama's policy is quite frightening. If he carries out some of his protectionist rhetoric, we're in deep trouble."

Read the end of this article and you'll see the end game of all of this. It's an energy war. Europe won't challenge Russian because Russia has them over an energy barrel. Russia wants the Ukraine back and has made it's first steps to this goal in Georgia. The U.S. currently has the middle east in it's talons. Game on. The U.S. can be a lone nation as a counter-weight to the non-globalist Russia, or the U.S. can give up it's authority to join Europe who already jumps when Russian says to jump. Which road to take? The next leader may decide to surrender it all, or just delay the globalism. I don't think either are capeable of doing what needs to be done.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
No where within the construct of our political system is it stated that once elected, the President, or representatives, as sworn defenders of the constitution and servants of the people, can impose their ideologically based agenda on the nation.

This began a century ago. But it will ALWAYS be the BUSH legacy that America was to forgo its position in the world to make room for a "better" (corporate) future under the guise of the New World Order. To coin a phrase, 'You can put lipstick on that fascist pig, but its still a fascist.'

Other parties, politicians, and cabinet members were instrumental and some did help set the stage, but the grand executors were the Bush's and their transnational financial buddies. From Prescott forward it became blatant, although the boys club of elites in this country (and others) made certain the secret dealings remained hidden from view.

This partisan nonsense is just noise. When are people going to let go of that red herring and start to admit that they are all part of the same effort to control the planetary market at their whim?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Question; if this is centered around energy, why are we so married to fossile fuels? We don't really HAVE to be.

It seems that we could overcome this fuel burning paradigm and give the lot of them the slip. What is it that is FORCING us to 'play along'?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join