It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Mr John Lear right?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
One of Mr Lears claims is that there is life on other planets in our solar sysem. While i probably disagree that every single planet is inhabited i kind of think that there may be some truth in this. check out this story about jupiter

www.daviddarling.info...

venus:

www.burlingtonnews.net...

mars:

www.unarius.org...

saturns moon titan:

www.bbc.co.uk...

jupiters moon europa:

www.spacetoday.org...

etc etc etc any other interesting links would be appreciated.

My point is we are looking towards other galaxies for life and it may be under our own nose. The chance are life in our own solar system may have come about at the same time therefore they could be either just ahead or just behind in their technological advance. The ufo's in our sky may well be from MArs and Venus and they may well have the populations Mr Lear says they have i mean they are bloody far away!!!

Mars = varies from 36 million km to 250 million miles

venus = varies from 25 million miles to 200 million miles

This is quite far away unless you haven't noticed so who is going to check out Lear's claims? NASA? pah they already know anyway. Average Joe? Never in a million years!

My point is its much more realistic that UFO'S come from our own solar system than from a star system many millions of light years away!!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
There is a clear distinciton between the fantastical and often farcical claims of JL and what the existing body of knowledge is telling us on the subject of possibility of life in the Solar system.

There are a couple of places in the Solar system where life is theoretically possible but not too likely. That much is true. But to tell us that there is lush vegetation, rivers and lakes on Venus is a different story altogether.

I suggest you rename the thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I don't mean to sound rude but i think the thread is so entitled as to provoke a debate as to whether the guy was right in saying there is life on other planets. From what i remember from JL he didn't say INTELLIGENT life. I believe he was right about intelligent life on mars and venus. if you read the venus declassified link this is interesting stuff. peace

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wellsybelieves
From what i remember from JL he didn't say INTELLIGENT life. I believe he was right about intelligent life on mars and venus.

I don't find these soures credible. There is data on Venus, for example, and it's relatively consistent, in the sense that this is one hell of a place to try and inhabit (pun intended).

None of the probes landed there survived for too long, and these probes weren't even organic

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So that leaves the most credible source to be NASA. Tell me are you a believer in UFO's? If so where do you suggest they come from?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
There is a clear distinciton between the fantastical and often farcical claims of JL and what the existing body of knowledge is telling us on the subject of possibility of life in the Solar system.

There are a couple of places in the Solar system where life is theoretically possible but not too likely. That much is true. But to tell us that there is lush vegetation, rivers and lakes on Venus is a different story altogether.

I suggest you rename the thread.

I would like to ask you a question. Assume for the moment that this claim of life, rivers, etc. on Venus is true. Assume again for a moment that the Government did NOT want you to know, and censored information like this from you (doctored pics, data, etc.)

HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THE GOVERNMENT WAS LYING TO YOU?

Let's turn it around. If you leave out what GOVERNMENTS say, how do we know what Venus is really like? (I know, that is WAY out there, because governments would never, ever, ever, in a billion years, lie to their own people. Why, it's simply unheard of!)

If we leave out Nasa, how do we REALLY know what the surface conditions are like? How do we really know the temperature and pressure of the atmosphere? After all, in the 70s, Mars had a RED sky, now (with no Nasa explanation forthcoming) Mars has a BLUE sky. But they never lied about it.

If their was life on Mars and/or Venus, and the government really and truly didn't want people to know (by manipulating the government's own data), how would an amateur scientist go about proving it? The life on Mars and/or Venus, not that they were manipulating data.

But that brings up a secondary point. How would you go about proving they are manipulating data, or hiding facts. What would be proof?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I thank you very much there are a lot of posts here showing anomalies on mars, the moon even venus and the moons i speak of. This is surely the whole point in this website to discuss the possibility of the impossible....

To your other point your right lets discount NASA's information and we would never know!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

check out this link for the picture

members.tripod.com...

[edit on 16-9-2008 by wellsybelieves]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
If we leave out Nasa, how do we REALLY know what the surface conditions are like?

Sure, let's leave out NASA. What we have left is a largely successful Soviet program of Venusian exploration, which even resulted in a few pictures.

I found an interesting piece the other day, some guy in Switzerland bought $200 worth of gear and remotely measured the temperature on the Moon, w/o resorting to any govt agency. Obviously he's very talented and obviously doing same with Venus can be extremely difficult, but still food for thought, especially in the light of outlandish claims form Lear regarding the Moon.

I find it pretty impossible to believe that multitude of radar data on Venus is all fabricated, and as you may know that data indicates catastrophic degree of volcanic activity, btw.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
And there is no way that this $200 equipment could measure temperature on venus therefore we are left with USA USSR and in case you weren't aware an ESA mission to Venus. Yes your probably right all these guys will be telling us the truth about whats there. I mean the US government was truthful when it came to 9/11 those pesky terrorists and all. The Russians told us the truth when they lost thier cosmonaughts in space and europe has been telling the truth about all sorts of incidents since world war I. I reckon if the Chinese launch a mission to Venus they will tell us the truth too just like they are keeping us informed about their intentions in Tibet

Here are a list of missions to venus btw

www.esa.int...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
John Lear is either a crackpot or a person who gets his kicks by seeing how many ppl will fall for his story tellings.
In either case, doesn't say much for those who blindly believe him.

Yes blindly. I have heard him discuss these things and when ppl ask him for proof (as anyone should before believing such wild tales as he is spewing out), one of three things happens.

a) he gets tongue tied
b) he insults/makes fun of the person asking
c) he tries to use his hallucinations as though they were proof enough.

John Lear is no more right in his fairy tales than your parents were when they told you Santa Claus deliverd toys to all the little kiddies around the world in a single night.

Edited to add: am watching a video where he talks about ATS banning him. He says that the debunkers are getting paid.

I demand equal rights for all debunkers. I'll be eagerly expecting my paycheck in the mail. How much is the going rate for debunkers these days??

[edit on 16-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It is very possible that there well may be life in our solar system, and i mean íntelligent'.
IF, we the general public have been given incorrect information about our planets in our solar system, then the planets may very well be habitable.!
Maybe we have been told that the planets cannot support life, but MAYBE that is just a cover up.

It does make more sense that all these ufo's are in fact coming from a much closer planet, then from another far away galaxy.

Why i say this? Simply because no matter how advanced these aliens' techonolgy may be, it doesn not make sense that they would come from SO FAR just to hover or observe earth.
And not to mention how MANY ufo's sightings there are in a day worldwide, it seems their trip to earth is like my trip to the local food store.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Think about this one. I we had the technology to and we knew for a fact there was intelligent life on these other planets especially if they had nuclear capabilities etc etc i'm sure we would hover in our super high tech impossible manouver aircraft for fear of what the nutters below would do to us until we were sure there would be no repurcussions. Don't our orbiters "hover" (orbit) around other planets already!!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
First off, I like John Lear, he seems to believe what he says, and thats all I ask, from someone asking for people to believe them. It comes down to a choice, will you believe NASA/ESA, or try and get your information elsewhere? I don't trust them, I have seen more than enough examples that they are hiding something, therefore, anyone has more credibility than them, that is MO.

I believe Venus to be inhabited, with intelligent life (that website was interesting, never seen it before.), far mor eintelligent than us. I also believe that Uranus and Neptune are also inhabited, but I don't think they have evolved as far as us yet, but I maybe wrong. I'm not sure about Mars, I agree, there are alot of anomalies on its surface, but whenever I see these 'buildings or domes' I think our military, rather than an alien city. I think that we are on Mars currently aswell as Phobos, with help from ET's and that they are there too, but I don't think they are originally from Mars.

Either way, I doubt it can be proved, especially with the lack of trust in official sources.

EMM

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I agree on your comments about Mars i'm more inclined to believe they are of ancient origin from a civilisation long since disappeared. By long since i mean billions of years but if you notice there are a whole host of surface pictures from this planet and even close ups also. Venus is not much farther away from us than Mars yet we see very few surface pictures and when we do we see a yellow "mess" of nothing! Very odd in my book! Even the few pictures we do see have been picked out for anomalies and these anomalies (see venus anomaly picture) are far more interesting than a few, couple of billion year old ruins on the moon and mars. Not sure about the other planets you mention though what makes you think there is life on these?

Thanks for your comment

Here are all the legends and myths about the existance of life on other planets:
It has been revealed that all of the planets of our system are inhabited:

Mars is inhabited by a number of warlike tribes. Mxxptrm, aka "Max," is a member of a large, bulky, pink-skinned race of Martian ravagers, and is the only member capable of the higher emotions; the rest are "beasts of hatred and war, killing and destroying everything in their path...."

Mercury is inhabited by two-headed split-personality "Brain-Men," who react based on the mercury which runs in their veins (as opposed to blood).

The Moon is home to a race of insectoids.

Saturn is inhabited by dome-headed telepaths, of whom LLA 38, a member of the Space Squadron, is a member; Saturn's rings are full of "fire-beings" who were banished to the rings by the alliance for unspecified crimes.

"Uranus" by a race of humanoids not too dissimilar to humans.

Neptune is inhabited by a race of fish-people.

Pluto is inhabited by a race of ice-people.

Jupiter is "the mystery planet of the universe," revealed to be a volcanic hell, full of "explosions pouring out hydrogen flames and lava from cliffs of lava and ice," and inhabited by a flaming temptress who kills all those who "dared to conquer the flaming planet."

Venus is inhabited by beings from another dimension we cannot see them but they are there.

ok ok some of them are a bit rediculous but any historian knows truth is usually part of myth and legend.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by wellsybelieves]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
It comes down to a choice, will you believe NASA/ESA, or try and get your information elsewhere? I don't trust them, I have seen more than enough examples that they are hiding something, therefore, anyone has more credibility than them, that is MO.

A lot of these claims come from the likes of John Lear of not directly himslef, so this is really a circular argument. John says NASA lied, therefore you don't believe NASA because NASA lied and Joh didn't. Duh.

I believe Venus to be inhabited, with intelligent life (that website was interesting, never seen it before.), far mor eintelligent than us. I also believe that Uranus and Neptune are also inhabited

It sounds so much like 'Credo' or some other declaration of one's reliious faith, it's not even too funny. If you chose to be irrational, well, feel free.

I believe there is an inteligent lifeform living in your toilet tank, and it tuns transparent every time you lift the lid to check. It send a subspace message to the Universe every time you flush. And by golly, you can't prove me wrong.

That, in essense, is the approach of Learites.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Lets see you prove NASA right.......

We don't even know whats going on on our own planet for gods sake!

www.navmetoccom.navy.mil...

How much knowledge is known about the sea?

Every question leads to another question, and man's present knowledge of the oceans is small. No more than five percent of the world's ocean floors has been charted with any degree of reliability. In fact, scientists know more about our moon's surface than the bottom of Earth's oceans. Man's ability to predict the ocean environment is restricted to human use, predicting wave height, and conditions for sound transmission. Questions that remain unanswered are "How much more pollution can the oceans disperse before becoming useless?" and "Can a practical method of using plankton for food be found?".

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

All the Planets are Inhabited!

www.goddardmultimedia.fsnet.co.uk...

This is a great website to back up these claims and also gives other references for research.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Although i'm assuming you hate this guy too but i'm going to throw David Wilcox's name into the mix here as well as a link to stargates. David says there is a stargate in babylon (modern day iraq) which has a link to MARS and there are already people up there in the blink of an eye. I can't remember off hand what he calls it i'm sure someone will know but i was trawling the web for evidence of stargates to other planets in the solar sysem and i have already found this one

EVIDENCE OF A STARGATE FOR TRAVEL TO NEPTUNE

www.moorsgate.com...

This could suggest a vast network of stargates between many planets in the solar system and many forms of intelligent life. I doubt there would be a stargate on a planet with primitive life.

Perhaps these ancient astronaughts left these stargates for us or perhaps these ancient astronaughts aren't so ancient after all!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

A lot of these claims come from the likes of John Lear of not directly himslef, so this is really a circular argument. John says NASA lied, therefore you don't believe NASA because NASA lied and Joh didn't. Duh.

Lol, you think I base my perspective, soley on John Lear?! Pré tel, on what 'evidence' did you base your conclusions? Oh wait, none, it was your opinion. NASA has shown to me, that they aren't telling us everything, that is my opinion, therefore, I seek alternate means of finding this information. The likes of John Lear, aswell as some very brilliant researches on and off this site share my perspective on this particular case and have shown, IMO, incredible information regarding this. You on the other hand, don't see it as a possibility, which is fine, yet you continually tell other people they are wrong, yet could in no way prove any of your claims, merely speculate.

It sounds so much like 'Credo' or some other declaration of one's reliious faith, it's not even too funny. If you chose to be irrational, well, feel free.

[sigh Rationality, is based on ones own perspective, your rational opinion won't be the same as mine, as we have different perspectives of the world/universe we live in, no matter how small, or in this case, big.

I believe there is an inteligent lifeform living in your toilet tank, and it tuns transparent every time you lift the lid to check. It send a subspace message to the Universe every time you flush. And by golly, you can't prove me wrong.

And I accept that I can't prove or disprove you, therefore, it will always be a possibility, no matter how rediculous it may sound.

That, in essense, is the approach of Learites.

Tell me, do you label everything in your life, in order to comprhend your world? Does it make you feel safer to know that your right, and others are wrong? Are Learites 'nuts' compared to you?

Grow up sunshine.

EMM

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join