It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Policy: The Sanctity of Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
2008 Presidential Candidate Platform Discussion

During more than five years as a POW in Vietnam, John McCain experienced the worst assaults on human dignity imaginable. Yet each day he also saw in his fellow prisoners the power of human compassion and the will to prevail against unimaginable evil. It is this experience, and a life dedicated to public service, that has imbued in John McCain a fundamental commitment to the protection of human dignity that will shape his presidency.

www.johnmccain.com...

Presented for critical discussion and analysis by ATS members under the spirit of the new guidelines announced in This Thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Bomb bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran.

The sanctity of life. I would laugh. If I was not so steely cold.

Sure he wasn't thinking about the 'sanctity' of life when he was flipping his munitions buttons.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Which John McCain are we talking about? Because a lot of his positions don't appear to respect the sanctity of life...

McCain on the Issues

More death penalty; stricter sentencing. (Jan 2000)
Pro-death penalty; more prisons; increased penalties. (Jul 1998)
# Voted YES on limiting death penalty appeals. (Apr 1996)

Abortion:

Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

thank you so much for pointing that out i rememberd seeing that before and was looking for it to post to this topic.

on topic: i have only one question about his stance on abortion does he belive as palin does that even rape and incest arent acceptable reasons to abort? personaly im pro choice, i am a man and can not get pregnant so i belive its not my place to judge a womans choice to bring a pregnancy to term or not.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I am going to post this youtube video in this section, I had just posted it elswhere yesterday.

In THIS world, we have policy that would Reduce the number of children being born, Policy that it is claimed is there to prevent young women from ruining thier lives but the reality is we are entering a time when thanks to science people can excpect a massive upswing in life expectancy compared to previous generations

I would add, that I doubt a complete ban on Abortion would ever be instated.

But this is a time for Americans to be encouraged to have children or Like England in the previous Century watch as over time we become irrelevant

There is no society without children, the culture doesn't exiast without children and absolutely in America and Palin herself is proof we can balance Rights for women and yet still allow them to be strong effective Mothers,

The right to choose is far less the issue as, why do some people in politics encourage them to choose to NOT have children when Children are the power that fules our culture?

Abortion will not be outlawed, but encouragement and support to have children, proper maternity leave, financial support, encouragment both moaral and in action is what a McCain Palin ticket offers

The population of Western Europe is in decline, other cultures have no intention of not having children, we will find ourselves the 3rd world if we do not place value in children and help and respect women for doing so.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
In my country, a lot of religious nuts are right wing authoritarians, who believe in nothing more than a tax cut for themselves and a cut for the poor. My question is that they seem to be pro life until the moment the baby is born whereupon they don't give a crap and sentence many to lives of total poverty. Does the sanctity of life end at birth in US as well?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sanctity of life espoused by McCain? the height of hypocrisy. Oh, I have an idea, let's murder another million Iraqi women and children because life is sacred.

If he really cared about sanctity of life, he'd have the interlocking directorates of the fed and bank of england drawn and quartered.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by counterterrorist

You sound like an idiot. Really.

The sanctity of life he was refering to was about the protection of children who are in their mother's womb. Not the unfortunate lives lost during battle or duiring a military conflict. Our soldiers do not deliberately set out to kill "ininvolved citizens"!

How can anyone say that the child "living" in the its mothers womb is not alive. Sure its alive. It just hasn't entered into this world from the world inside his mohther.

Joe S.
Las vegas

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by krill
i have only one question about his stance on abortion does he belive as palin does that even rape and incest arent acceptable reasons to abort?

In 2000, McCain supported a woman's right to choose if she has been raped or in the case of incest.

Overturn Roe v. Wade, but keep incest & rape exceptions. (Jan 2000)

McCain sits on the fence on this issue, as he does many others. Most recently, he wanted to overturn Roe V Wade, but doesn't want to force women to have illegal abortion... He wants it both ways, no doubt to appease women from all sectors.

Supports repealing Roe v. Wade. (May 2007)
Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
Rated 75% by the NRLC, indicating a mixed record on abortion. (Dec 2006)

McCain on the Issues

mopusvindictus you're correct, a culture dies without children, but no one is suggesting that NO ONE be permitted to have children. That's taking the argument to the FAR extreme. No one is advocating we all stop having children. But some people (myself included) don't want them and I have the choice.

counterterrorist I couldn't agree more. It's a double standard to "sanctify" one child's life while taking another in the name of freedom or democracy or oil.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Dosn't McCain support staying in Iraq and Afganistan? If so, well, point made.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think the far right would be more upset If a pregnant dog got shot by someone than a pregnant woman. The peta people a while back were poisining turkeys at thanksgiving with no regards for children. Very scary.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Life. How to respect it..a hobbits tale by bilbo baggens.

Well lets see. Theres basicly only basic things that need understanding in my view. Thats that people like dynamism. Living in a box, with walls that push you to the center of the room (metaphoricly speaking)- is annoying. Not that having contraints is bad, just not having everyone so brainwashed by the status quo of liars and abuse artists who have spent the last 100+ years ruining the lives of Americans out of a deliberate need to excersize illiberty and injustice. I.E. America is unjust to its own.

It uses threats and slander-children to that when they pick on the weaker kid.

It lacks faith and trust because it creates none for itself.- due to the nature of you all

It pretends and makes up lies to take millions into the grave for magicians who have hypnotized the masses in pinnochio- ville- esque manner.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

top topics

join