It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Policy: Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't think people realize what a tragedy for humanity the war was. Some figures estimate around 700-800 0000 civilians died because of the illegal invasion. Millions of Iraqi's fled, many of them to Europe (there are barely no Iraqi refugees in US, go figure)

You can't just attack a country for X reasons causing all this destruction and misery and then say "Ooops. guess we were wrong. No weapons of mass destruction or al Qaida links here.." Al Quida moved into Iraq AFTER the invasion! The dictator Saddam was fighting them too, but all Fox News viewers didn't get that info.

So things have settled down a bit there for now, but the fact is the war was wrong and in my opinion there should be a trial for Bush and Cheney for starting a war based on lies.

For some people all the Iraqi casualties from the war are just figures but there are REAL humans, real familty tragedies behind them. Tell the thousands of Iraqi parents their children / relatives died because Bush was wrong. Tell the parents of all the american soldiers who are dead or wounded that their sacrifice was based on lies.

100´000 of civilians and thousands of american troops have died for the Bush / Cheney lies, that's a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senator Obama was one of very few american politiicians that argued against the war at the time (although most of the rest of the world did too) and I'd say that makes him an intelligent person.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Shades1035]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinwiddy

racism, fascism, slavery, yea i guess war never solves anything dinwitty... you're retarded

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

I couldn't agree more. However, my reason for agreeing may differ from yours or anyone elses that takes that stance simply because I enter into the debate about whether we should stay or go with my own biased opinion about how we got there in the first place and why we're still there. I hate to [Insert conspiracy rhetoric here], but I saw the propoganda documentary Zeitgeist and, well, I'll just say I'm a believer of most or all of what was explained and I'll leave it at that. And spanning from my beliefs are more theories, which I'm sure others of you have had on the subject, all just seem to be for personal gains once you start walking the road of, "We're there so that the higher powers (Fed Reserve) can make more money off of us spending money". Lets face it, they own this country, you know of another "company" and I use that term loosely, that this entire country is paying interest to. If anything else, we need out of there as soon as possible, this country needs help here at home, we need people over there searching for the terrorist cells and keep them under the guise of being survelianced, but we do not need to run across this planet any longer as the peace and government creating capital of the universe. We need to cash in our chips and get out. Tell the world sorry, we have some problems at home, we're gonna have to withdraw for a little while, could one of you other nice countries that are alot better off at the moment finish what we've started, thanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Although Obama was against the war, he did not provide an alternative plan. He just repeated what others were saying.

He was the minority ( no pun intended ) on the voice of the war. His not following the cattle call for war by the rest of the Government is whats noteworthy.

A rush to battle, a fabrication of illusion by the Bush administration from nuclear weapons to fraudulent reporting and intelligence on WMDs.

The alternative, was peace.The Middle east is more volatile today then before we had arrived.

Diplomacy was the order of the day at that time, not pre-emptive military action. I support now, as I did then, that this war was poorly undertaken.

That we, the American people are seeing the long term effects of making a wrong choice for we have an invisible enemy within the borders of Iraq; That being her very people that we are trying to help.

Obama, took the narrow path at the time, and the Truth is, that no credible intelligence linked Saddam to 911 nor of Saddam to al qaeda.

As an American, I support the withdraw from the region, and the allowance of Iraqis to determine their own path. That should they ask, that American forces can be called to keep the peace. But until then, it appears that we have only enhanced the possibility, in our absence, of a civil war.

Civil Wars are not ours to fight, and Obamas choice on Iraq withdraw, while continuing the fight against al qaeda in Afghanistan appears to be the more prudent choice.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Get us out Obama! Even us up north got pulled into the war by our Bush-suck up Prime Minister. Really hope Obama gets in, just incase our next election dosn't produce the results I'm predicting.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

We US and the CIA put Saddam in power. We The US and the CIA sold weapons of Mass Destruction to Saddam to use on the Kurds which to him was not his own people. We the US Sold Weapons to SADDAM to Fight IRAN. WE The US and the CIA instructed Saddam to attack Kuwait. This Started the First Gulf War. Kuwait was using horizontal drilling to access oil in IRAQ. Do your own research and you will see that all that I have said here is true!

I would also like to add if it is proven that 911 was an inside job then the US has killed its own citizens to provoke a wider war with two countries that had nothing to do with 911. Just think about that for a moment. We as Americans like to think that we are always on the side of righteousness the side of Good. God is always on our side! The ironic thing is Muslims or terrorist as we call them believe that Allah (God) is on their side and they will win at all cost. So who side is God on?

“The US is the only country to use Nuclear Weapons killing hundreds of thousands of civilians.” WWII - Japan

The War on Terror will never be won. The War in IRAQ will never be won. As long as there are Americans on Muslim soil they will fight. As long as Americans Keep killing Millions of Muslims they will continue to hundreds of Americans. This will continue until both sides grow tired of killing. Fact – Christians and Muslims have been killing each other for century’s what makes anyone believe that this will end before the end of time.

We have killed over 1 million Iraq’s since the start of the WAR. How many people have to die to win this war on Terror? This does not seem very christianly to me.

I wonder what each of us would do if another nation attacked us on the basis of fighting terrorist. What would we when the fight spilled over into our neighborhood? Say you’re at a wedding a few bombs fall and kill the wedding party what would you do? What could you do? Would you become a freedom fighter (terrorist) or would you do nothing?

I would fight back using any means necessary!

Citizens Supporting Humanity

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest, i'm much more concerned with Sarah Palin than McCain because McCain has already had many health problems and if he dies, its Sarah Palin who is going to become president. That is a very scary thought, considering the fact she's already threatened to go to war with Russia if they keep invading Georgia. If we go to war with Russia, that WILL be the start of World War 3. Not to mention McCain wants to go to war with Iran, and he wants to reinstate the draft. I'm pretty sure we don't need any more wars on our belt, nor do we need to spend billions more dollars which we don't have, on any more wars. What we need is someone who will get the economy back to normal and we need to start worrying more about our own people, and less about every other country BUT ours.

Whatever president can do that would be the best choice obviously, but i'm not convinced either can get this country back to where it needs to be.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Chilled Zen

go on believe anything that obama say, if he become president of U.S., i am sure americans will no longer fight wars in other country and instead you will have to fight it maybe in hollywood, new york, los angeles, and any state in USA. GO AHEAD TAKE A RISK.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
and if he dies, its Sarah Palin who is going to become president. That is a very scary thought, considering the fact she's already threatened to go to war with Russia if they keep invading Georgia.

A fool treads where a wise man will not go.

Just because we have a military to do so, doesnt mean its a move to be made. Her hair trigger mentality is something that seriously bothers me on many levels. From her comments about the environment to her perception of foreign policy.

Speaking of Palin, heres a little skit for laughs from CNN.

Peace

[edit on 7-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join