It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you vote for Ventura in 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am a huge fan of the guy,so I know that I would.He checks out.I think he would really do as much as he could to expose the hypocrisy of the media and ''politics as usual'' during a campaign if he were running,and I think his popularity would be harder to dismiss by media than the illustrious Dr.Paul.I think that Dr.Paul started something great,and I think that a campaign by Jesse Ventura would be a truly galvanizing event in this country.what do y'all think?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I dont really know why this thread was moved to the 911 conspiracies section....this is a political thread is it not?i am talking about voting here,and not once did i utter ''911''......?!?!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
...looking to his latest book that was published this year...
"Don't Start the Revolution Without Me!"
i can see your point...
"In a fast-paced and often humorous narrative, Ventura pulls no punches in discussing our corrupt two-party system, the disastrous war in Iraq, and what he suspects really happened on September 11. He provides personal insights into the Clinton and Bush presidencies, and elaborates on the ways in which third parties are rendered impotent by the country's two dominant parties. He reveals the illegal role of the CIA in states like Minnesota, sensitive and up-to-date information on the Blackwater security firm, the story of the American spies who shadowed him on a trade mission to Cuba, and what Fidel Castro told him about who really assassinated President John F. Kennedy. This unique political memoir is a must-read for anyone concerned about the direction that America will take in 2008."

pulling up the CIA's veil,
breaking up the corporate media monopoly,
making room for a 3rd Party
and honoring an independent 911 investigation...
at the most 911 takes up a quarter of his platform...
so whoever moved your post here is obviously not fully aware of ventura's scope and depth
or let alone, that he seriously considered running for pres this time around

as for my vote... if he ran... i would 1st and foremost worry about his safety,
but would mostly likely vote for him if it didn't mean improving mccain/palin's chances
those two scare the crap out of me

as for my vote in 2012...
in terms of politics that is a long long long time from now
a whole lot can happen from now till then
much like this approaching election
you never really know for sure what variable of the game
will shift in one direction or the other...
month to month... week to week... day to day
or even hour to hour (ie bush & gore in 2000)

[edit on 16-9-2008 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There's going to be nothing to save in 2012. But if I'm wrong, then I'll vote for Ventura if he runs, sure.

The economy is in the middle of collapsing even today. You guys have been watching this, right?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Im voting for him in '08.

Why wait?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
No.

Rule 8 or whatever it is that prohibits profanity made me restrict my reply to the one word. The preferred word to use proceeding the reply above, though, rhymes with "duck".

I prefer intelligence and common sense and at least a tenuous grasp on reality in my candidates.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pinch
I prefer intelligence and common sense and at least a tenuous grasp on reality in my candidates.

Would you care to illustrate his lack of intelligence, common sense and grasp of reality?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems to me that Ventura literally oozes all of these things when compared to either of the big two candidates at this point in time.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Right on brother.Notice how he gave no explanations for his perceived problem for Mr.Ventura.This is the kind of baseless jingoistic banter that Jesse Ventura. rails against.I think that these kind of people do themselves in when they start to sound like every other person who relies on the hannity o'rielly types where they get their talking points from.

top topics

join