It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Policy: Immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
2008 Presidential Candidate Platform Discussion

John McCain has always believed that our border must be secure and that the federal government has utterly failed in its responsibility to ensure that it is secure. If we have learned anything from the recent immigration debate, it is that Americans have little trust that their government will honor a pledge to do the things necessary to make the border secure.

www.johnmccain.com...

Presented for critical discussion and analysis by ATS members under the spirit of the new guidelines announced in This Thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Frankly, after McCain being a staunch supporter of the amnesty for illegals, I have no faith at all in what he has to say on the subject. I had pain my stomach when he fielded his proposal which thankfully was defeated.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Amnesty
a general pardon for offenses, esp. political offenses, against a government, often granted before any trial or conviction.

John McCain, promised that if he wins, a day after he is sworn in as a new president of the United States, he will pressure Congress to enact a law immediately in favor of immigration reform.

And this I can not tolerate my community is over run buy Illegal aliens and crime ,gangs ,drugs , It was a nice place to live in the late 80s now its a third world country

And he like Obama keeps pushing for a plan for more guest workers ....WHY There is rampant unemployment and tent cities going up all over the US why do we need more people that will burst the system cant they count

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I dont understand why both candidates have a fanatical obsession with granting amnesty in direct opposition to what We the People have stated in poll after poll. 500,000 Americans lost their jobs in August and Congress responded by authorizing an additional 500,000 visas.

His immigration position was all it took to turn me away from McCain. He might as well change his name to McPetain if he grants amnesty.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is the biggest problem I have with McCain. He is too Liberal on this issue. We have an extreme excess of freeloaders dragging us down and soaking up our resources while employment is rising and every level of government is broke. We need everything we’ve got for the legal citizens who pay taxes and we don’t need run down neighborhoods, breeding drops and gang members who break our laws at every opportunity.
The thought of giving them a free ticket against the immigrants who are doing it legally sickens me.

Obama is no better on this subject and may be worse which can be said on almost any issue.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Sr. if I was ILLEGAL, I to be accredited!!!

And if I was LEGAL, I to be accredited!!!

His(Her,Your) country is slightly complex E.U. to deal ... there are persons who accept you and others not ... the politicians are like that: Only they give OFFERS and it is alone PROPOSED that rarely to fulfill!!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
deport illegals, reward and welcome legals. Theres openings for jobs for registered citizens to join the immigration department maybe zoidberg asks.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Jaun McCain was one of the main supporters of the famous, Amestiy Bill Horror...

Juan McCain represents the intrests of Mexico more then the intrests of the United States.

The immigration issue is by far the biggest issue this election, and it is being ignored.

McCain is a TOTAL no-boarders guy, a La Raza sympathizer...

Not that Obama is better... he may be worse...

I would like to hear these 2 losers talk about it... trying to see which one of them can out-anit-american the other...

I have no idea who is worse... Obama Bin Biden, or Ailing and Nailin...

top topics

join