It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Policy: Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
2008 Presidential Candidate Platform Discussion

John McCain believes it is strategically and morally essential for the United States to support the Government of Iraq to become capable of governing itself and safeguarding its people. The best way to secure long-term peace and security is to establish a stable, prosperous, and democratic state in Iraq. When Iraqi forces can safeguard their own country, American troops can return home.

www.johnmccain.com...

Presented for critical discussion and analysis by ATS members under the spirit of the new guidelines announced in This Thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I learn in my country " the respect to the foreign right is THE PEACE "
In close(united) conditions(states) THEY DO NOT TEACH(SHOW) IT!!!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
America cant even afford to keep itself going how can it afford to support another whole country? send mccain back to that prison camp he should of been left there hes an IDIOT who cares about war hero status?? give him a medal tell him to not let the door hit him in the ass on the way out. whoopie hes a war hero hows that gonna help him be a president in anyway at all?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
im sorry, but if we pull out as quickly as obama wants to, we will be screwed, and either we will be attacked again, or they will just have another government the same as it was before

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
McCain
Iraq-Another Hundred Years
Iran-Invade
Afganistan-What? Stan? I love Stan!
Pakistan-Never touch, if Osama is on the other side of the border and aiming nukes at US troops the troops are to bow down and worship his greatness

Yeah, I love McCain's plans for war... Not.

Obama
Iraq-End it
Iran-Negotiate so no war
Afganistan-Do the job and get rid of the Taliban
Pakistan-Attack inside if the Taliban/Osama is there

Much better don't you think? I still can't believe McCain told Osama and the terrorists they can hide in pakistan and we won't go after them. I can't believe he said Obama was wrong for telling the people who attacked us that they weren't safe any place they hid. I mean wow. Can you imagine it? "Hitler, as long as you are any where but Berlin we won't go after you." or "Ted Bundy as long as you only kill women in New York we won't go after you." That's what McCain told Osama, as long as he stays in Pakistan he's safe.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com

John McCain believes it is strategically and morally essential for the United States to support the Government of Iraq to become capable of governing itself and safeguarding its people. The best way to secure long-term peace and security is to establish a stable, prosperous, and democratic state in Iraq. When Iraqi forces can safeguard their own country, American troops can return home.

www.johnmccain.com...

Presented for critical discussion and analysis by ATS members under the spirit of the new guidelines announced in This Thread.

What a scumbag. The US needs to get out of a place they don't belong in and to stop poking their noses into other people's business. I think the locals will be a bit relieved when they wont have to worry about being randomly abducted by US troops, taken to a prison, being tortured, killed and having the photos put on the internet.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beglebite
im sorry, but if we pull out as quickly as obama wants to, we will be screwed, and either we will be attacked again, or they will just have another government the same as it was before

Saddam Hussein was installed by the US. If the US backs out now and leaves them to it then there won't be another Saddam as he was an American invention.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If the US invades Iran then history will never forgive the US.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com

The best way to secure long-term peace and security is to establish a stable, prosperous, and democratic state in Iraq. When Iraqi forces can safeguard their own country, American troops can return home.

www.johnmccain.com...

Well, I guess it's time for the ticker tape parades now!

John McCain says Iraq is a 'A Peaceful And Stable Country Now'!

McCain: Iraq Is ‘A Peaceful And Stable Country Now’

Q: Some members of the [Iraqi] government have made it clear in the last month or two that they might want to withdraw before complete stability, before totally secure borders, before some of the completeness of victory as you described. Is there any change, do you think there is some wiggle room there because what you described with Petraeus was an end point that was rather complete — a peaceful, stable country.

MCCAIN: Its a peaceful and stable country now.

You can listen to him say it in this Youtube audio clip that the reporter taped during his interview, it's at about 51 seconds into the recording.

And here's a clip of Olbermann's response to hearing the clip. It starts at about 1:20 into the video.

This was a post of mine from a different thread on this subject.

McCain: Iraq Is 'A Peaceful And Stable Country Now'

I think McCain can't handle all the pressure of this campaign or something.

It's like he's loosing touch with reality and he believes that whatever he says is right, it's the truth, and everybody should believe him and not question what he says!

This quote was recorded by a reporter for TIME magazine. For some strange reason though the quote was left out of the article.

Has he already forgotten the two bombings over there last week that killed 50 people? Is he just forgetting that last month over 350 Iraqi's were killed and that already this month over 61 have been killed?

Iraqi Deaths
Iraq Coalition Casualty Count

Now, I'm all for us pulling out of Iraq and letting them take over and get things under control themselves, but I certainly wouldn't say Iraq is "A Peaceful And Stable Country Now’!

McCain: Iraq is “a Peaceful and Stable Country Now”

[edit on 10/8/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beglebite

......remind me when we were last attacked BY IRAQ again????

Pardon me, I must have forgotten.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

top topics

join