It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politcal Conspiracy: ATS forums have become a mouthpiece for Obama.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Since the crack down on free thought at ATS, I've seen dozens of well put together threads by many right leaning members moved to places nobody will ever see them. Today, Skeptic Overlord moved threads about Obama's stance on Iraq and taxes to "political conspiracy". Both threads that obviously addressed Obama's platform, were moved because they are damaging to him. The moderators don't like that, so they get rid of them.

I beleive their plan was originally to just remove threads they didn't like, but weren't able to do that because threads weren't breaking rules. So instead, they simply move them to places nobody will ever read them. Its an old tactic known as "plausible deniability". They can claim they aren't being political shills, because they aren't "removing" the threads.

I'd caution anyone from posting on these forums anymore, if you are looking for real political discussion. All you're going to get here is political shilling for Obama.

As far as this thread goes, even though this is a conspiracy thread in the conspiracy forum, you can bet they will shut it down.

ATS is no longer about denying ignorance, its about perpetuating it. Spread the word!

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ok buh bye then.

I mean.... honestly I have seen both endorsements and criticisms of everyone in the presidential race.

I think you take your neo-conservatism way too seriously.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I'm not a "neocon". Though I'm not surprised you stoop to name calling.

Why would the mods remove a thread about Obama's platform on Iraq, when thats precisely what that forum is for? Can you explain that? Its not just that topic either. There have been dozens of good Obama threads that have either been moved to unknown locations or just outright removed. Why are they trying to hide these stories?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

There have been dozens of good Obama threads that have either been moved to unknown locations

Well, same happened to some of the more "traditional" threads on aliens, moon landing and channeling of spirits. It's not an easy task to keep tons of material organized and sorted, and your idea of convenience may differ from that of admins, it's that simple.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is just to rich...

Where were you the previous months , when the "recent posts" directory was filled with 10-20 Negative Obama threads, i didn't see you make ridiculous threads like these back then...or even complain.

Only now, when McCains VP has been chosen, and she's getting a lot of (valid) critisism (as much as Obama a few weeks ago btw) you complain and even see and call out a conspiracy on behalf of ATS behind it...
Paranoia....?

Today, Skeptic Overlord moved threads about Obama's stance on Iraq and taxes to "political conspiracy".

If a mod moves threads over to a different forum, then it's probably because you failed to post them in the correct one.
Moving threads does not remove them from ATS, everyone can still read and reply to them... so i really don't see you problem....

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Your a conservative. Whats worse from what I have read of your postings you hail from the new school of NEO conservatism. As for why the threads got moved I have no idea. I have had my own threads moved around before. When I thought it was appropriate I wrote to other mods and got my threads moved elsewhere yet again.

Did you not notice how many threads their used to be about obamas' birth certificate or his estranged brother or any number of criticisms regarding obama? And still more are started everyday then they devolve into childish "yet it is, no it isn't" spam banter.

I look at the political arena from an independent perspective. In some respects I am reactionary and in other respects I am radical but I am neither democrat nor republican. Both parties and all of their candidates are manipulating the US tyrannically. If you are not smart enough to understand this but prefer to stumble around in ignorance playing the blame game of all that "its their fault" BS, Then go to libertypost or Freedomunderground or something....

I, for one, approve the new direction ATS is taking.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Discussion 2008 is for discussion on the candidates political platforms. Which is exactly what the thread was. The thread called in to question what he says about Iraq to the public and what hes saying to the Iraqis.

How is that a political conspiracy?

reply to post by titorite

I, for one, approve the new direction ATS is taking.

You're no doubt supporting Obama, but will tell us all you're undecided to prove me wrong. The only people I've seen that support these moves, are Obama supporters.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

You're no doubt supporting Obama, but will tell us all you're undecided to prove me wrong. The only people I've seen that support these moves, are Obama supporters.

You just proved to everyone how ignorant you really are. How you cherish and revel in your ignorance. You must of been so eager to reply and argue that you just did not read the line where I state that I am not democrat nor republican. I despise both parties. You see unlike you I have read the constitution of the United States and the documents that lead its creation. Things like common sense, the federalist papers, the articles of confederation.

YOU have no business talking politics because you have no clue what they are talking about!

Edit for civility

[edit on 16-9-2008 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The source of your ire...

Was that a thread was of yours was removed... A thread which focused on an article which has been covered in this still active thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A thread in which you have posted (albeit an off topic post) in. So the only possible topic I could see that would be constructive, and based upon the reality of the situation would be a thread on the intrinsic value of using the ATS search function... It is apparent that this is not the crux of discussion here...

Thread closed.

top topics

join