It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin won't cooperate with 'tainted' probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I thought I remember hearing that the McCain camp was sending all sorts of people up to Alaska to get a handle on this investigation. But they are claiming that the Obama camp is involved in tainting it. Not sure what to believe, but if she is truly innocent of any wrong doing, then she should have no issues with cooperating.

CNN Link

Tainted Probe
Sometimes I feel I've got to
Run away I've got to
Get away
From the pain that you drive into the heart of me
The love we share
Seems to go nowhere
And I've lost my light
For I toss and turn I can't sleep at night

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
I thought I remember hearing that the McCain camp was sending all sorts of people up to Alaska to get a handle on this investigation. But they are claiming that the Obama camp is involved in tainting it. Not sure what to believe, but if she is truly innocent of any wrong doing, then she should have no issues with cooperating.

CNN Link

Tainted Probe
Sometimes I feel I've got to
Run away I've got to
Get away
From the pain that you drive into the heart of me
The love we share
Seems to go nowhere
And I've lost my light
For I toss and turn I can't sleep at night

There's nothing wrong with the current people involved and she's losing it to paranoia, everyone is apparently out to get her. Hopefully those involved are smart enough to see through this as a way to get out of her mess.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

What I dont understand is that IF the investigator is 'out to get her' and Palin claims she is innocent of any wrong doing. what is she worried about? Does she think they are going to fabricate evidence? There is not jury to tamper or influence. If Palin did nothing wrong and there is no evidence, what could anyone do to 'taint' the investigation.

Actually I just thought of something. She may not want to cooperate on the chance they make her testify under oath and then ask her some unrelated question, and try to get her on perjury charges.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

And nobody was out to get Bill and Hillary Clinton?...Obama?

Sorry, when select a VP candidate that is under investigation you may want to prepare for a little scrutiny. "Out to get her..," - get real!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Removed to comply with candidate issue-related only policy.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Who cares if Obama is spreading it. I would. It's not like he would be lying.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
A tainted probe? That sounds like something you might find in her bedroom.

All this gets so bloody tedious... if there is nothing to hide... co-operate... otherwise you make yourself look guilty.

Its interesting to see how cushioned from the press and the public the McCain camp keeps her... it speaks volumes about their faith in her.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by grover]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I don't blame her. The man pushing the charges is Hollis French, a known Obama supporter. French chose Stephen Branchflower to conduct the investigation, and note that his wife, Linda Branchflower, worked with Walt Monegan in the Anchorage Police Department for a number of years (in fact, at least one of those was while Monegan was Chief of Police there). Additionally, Branchflower himself was one of the city prosecutors for about 30 years and it is not unreasonable to assume that he also knows Monegan quite well.

BTW, did I mention that Hollis French was, like Branchflower, a former assistant DA in Anchorage and their tenures overlapped?

This is nuts. Its obviously a witch hunt. If there's going to be an 'independent' investigation, bring in someone from outside the state with no connection to either party involved.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well if she follows Cheney rule, she will not be bothered with any darn tainted probes.

Don't you people get it? she is beyond probing anymore, she is running for VP and she may even make it to the president seat.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

It started before she was even vetted for VP as an internal Alaska issue... so how is this a witch hunt?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Like Grover said this started way before she even got call for VP nomination this probe has been ongoing so is very unlikely that is a witch hunt.

Alaska legislators on Monday voted to spend up to $100,000 to investigate Gov. Sarah Palin's controversial firing of former state Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan.

The committee itself will not conduct the probe. Rather, it will hire an independent investigator to explore whether Palin, her family or members of her administration pressured Monegan to fire an Alaska state trooper involved in a rough divorce from Palin's sister.

www.adn.com...

Published: July 29th, 2008

new topics

top topics

join