It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BusinessWeek website attacked and hosts malware

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

BusinessWeek website attacked and hosts malware

www.net-security.org

Folks from Sophos have discovered that the website of BusinessWeek, the world famous weekly magazine, has been attacked by hackers in an attempt to infect its readership with malware.Hundreds of webpages in a section of BusinessWeek’s website which offers information about where MBA students might find future employers have been affected. According to Sophos, hackers used an SQL injection attack - where a vulnerability is exploited in order to insert malicious code into the site's underlying database - to pepper pages with code that tries to download malware from a Russian web server.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
hahah wow I am a programmer and I know that whoever coded that website must be a noob... come on they teach web developers to always clean your input which they even teacher you about sql injection attacks.

what do you guys think of this?? I mean this is a well known website and for me hearing this I was like omg wow I would think a famouse well known websites would at least try and be on top of the security... I guess not every one does...

www.net-security.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

join