It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OH and KY in State of Emergency with Absolutely NO MSM Coverage!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

There is no news coverage of Texas anymore either! I am in disbelief on the non-existant coverage of hurrican Ike. It makes me wonder if it was decided (NWO) to have these bank failures announced so coverage would be on that instead of the human suffering and the failures of the government in Texas after the hurricane. This way the American people are more interested in the economy and are not thinking about Texas and the hurricane. It then is a good reason for them not to be covering what is going on in Texas. It seems there is a complete media blackout on Hurricane Ike in all areas. I never heard a word about Ohio, Kentucky before reading it here.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yah know, after reading all this, I find it hard to believe that I don't know a few of you irl, specially those of you who used to hang out on high street. I spent way too many a night hanging out up there, but that was back when Insomnia was still open (stupid starbucks). I'm really glad to hear that everyone seems to be doing ok though.
Things are slowly returning back to normal here in Fairborn. While we're still dealing with gas shortages and power is still out randomly, everyone seems to be coping with the situation rather well.
However, I still haven't heard any activity coming out of WPAFB. You would think they would at least be flying supplies somewhere?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I am disgusted with our mayor for having the balls and being so tacky as to even MENTION the Ryder Cup during the first news briefing. *sarcasm coming....Thank sweet Jesus that Valhalla and the Ryder Cup are going as planned, wonderful that there are tents, air conditioned, filled with ice and shrimp and filet mignon for the Ryder Cup attendees. This is SO much more important than our sick and elderly without food and power; our children out of school, some of whom eat the bulk of their food at school, and our thousands of other suffering persons doing without. But again thank the LORD the Ryder Cup will be going off without a hitch. *sarcasm off.

I am ashamed of our city for making sure the Ryder Cup and Valhalla were OK before they gave a rats behind about the rest of our city.

This is a chance for our city to pull together and show our grit, and all I am seeing is a lot of concern for a golf game. That is more disgusting to me that lack of MSM coverage, although the lack does not surprise me.

I live roughly 30 miles north of Louisville so I know exactly what you mean. It seems like that's all they wanted to talk about after I got power back. Monday morning I was watching Fox 41 and they were showing the damage around the area and made a comment along the lines of "We thought surely the tents for the Ryder Cup couldn't have made it through the storm. But when we looked they were still there with no damage." It was something like that. And they go from showing images of people with trees on their homes and cars, and power lines down, to images of the tents still up with everything around them pristine. I promptly turned the tv off after that. You would think that the people in the area would be more important than some ridiculous golf game that really can be put off till the rest of the area is taken care of. Heaven forbid the golf game get postponed.

Ox

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's really not as bad as people are making out, Yes alot of people are without power, I'm one of them. From what I understand I will be without power for atleast a few more days. My area has been re-lit however when one of the 4 trees came down in my yard it yanked the service cable right out of my house.

Like I said it's not that bad at all. It was a little wind. Not a major disaster.

And I live right on the Ohio, Kentucky state like by Cincinnati

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Ox]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I beg to differ OX. I was just talking to my 70 yr old neighbor also a lifelong Clevelandite.

He cannot remember winds like those at any other time. I think the cold front swooped in to mesh with the remnants of Ike.

Whe I say it was wild ride. It was a wild ride. I could hear limbs and entire trees going down.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I rode the bus to my appointment today. There was no power in the whole west part of Louisville. The police and national guard had to direct the traffic. Some trees and bushes fell down. Minor damages to buildings. Two Kroger stores are without power. They sell only dry food.
I talked with a deaf guy on the bus. He said that he and his mother spend $155 on grocery with food stamp. He still doesn't have power since Sunday so all the food went to waste. Someone told me that the food stamp office will give more money (they should!).
I realized how lucky I am to have power turned back on in this area!

Here's a good news site on Louisville, KY
www.wlky.com...

This one titled "FEMA: Be Patient"
I don't know what he said since Im deaf.
www.wlky.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Just a lil off subject, the lighter side. Seems not everyone was having trouble during hte hurricane, check this guy out.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Just spoke to my parents who live in Cincinnati. They tell me that all is definately not well. Trees have fallen on houses and cars and they are still without power as of 3:30 pm MT.
I cant freaking believe that this is getting no coverage. The University of Cinci. where my mom works is one of the only places with power. There are still something like 700,000 people without power. My folks tell me that theyare going to lose alot of the food that must be kept frozen or refrigerated.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ox

I believe that homes being damaged by trees, people being killed by the trees, and people going without power for extended periods of time (the sick and elderly especially) counts as a disaster.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I live in Delaware County, Ohio... We had a giant Maple Tree go through our house, mainly my bedroom. There are still over 1.5 million people in Ohio without power, I live in a suburb of Columbus, in a fairly well populated area, and the power at my house will not be restored until sometime next month...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Ike causes widest US Internet outage since 2003

Internet connections in Texas, Ohio and Pennsylvania were the hardest hit, according to Renesys Corp., but the storm also caused outages in Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Kentucky, Illinois and Indiana. Surrounding states had scattered outages as well.

It was the largest area to lose its connections to the Internet since the Northeast blackout of 2003,

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Honestly, I live in Ohio and have seen the results of our mini-hurricane. I must say I was not impressed by it. I really do not see the need for a state of emergency. Sure, Power is still out in some areas. Sure, some food went bad in freezers.

Try on a real emergency for instance:

Katrina or maybe the folks in Galveston or the islands surrounding!

Just more proof that our society is spoiled beyond hope.

Come on!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
after almost 4 days with no power, I'm BACK! My street is the only one in my little city so far. it has been interesting for sure, this is probably one of the crazier things to occur around here. Some idiots are getting mad and threatening the duke energy employees. pathetic. but yea, we're being told a category one hurricane came through. insane

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I live in Columbus Ohio and I can tell you why there was no news coverage, but first let me tell you that I had two down trees a 14 by 8 foot hole in my stucco where there is exposed wood. I also have two windows blown out and a garage door that is bubbled out and will not open. I also did not have power for 3 days and when I have no electric I have no water cause I have a well. With that said here is the reason there is no news coverage, I think everyone will agree that the news now days is more like coverage of the far left politics. (I am a independent voter). Here is the deal the storm hit us at Sunday at 3 p.m., Monday at 7 a.m. I was out side pulling up the tree's raking the 1 and 1/2 acres I own (that sucked balls), putting a tarp over the hole in my stucco and windows, and taking the garage door down and bending it back to level where it use to be. I then mowed my yard raked again picked up all my apples and pears that blew off the trees, weed wacked and trimmed up the remaining trees standing. While I was doing all this I looked around my neighborhood and every house on my street there were people busting there ass to pick up the peices and by the end of the day our neighborhood looked like the storm never came well except for the candles in the windows for light. So why would the media show that you can't bash president Bush when we don't need or want any help from the goverment. I swear it if they said they would give me money for the damages I wouldn't take it. People in Ohio are proud hard working people that don't need help. That just doesn't get ratings, by the way for the guy that said people from South Carolina are coming to help when you guys get hit with some mother nature I am sure we will return the favor.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I forgot sorry fellow Ohioans GO BUCKS, O------ H.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I live in Western Kentucky. We were without power for 1.5 days, but my parents who live 4 miles from me were without power for 2.5 days. We bought a 5000w generator from Home Depot to run our refridgerator and deep freeze because we heard rumors that we may be without power for a week. There are still people in my county without power, so I guess we are lucky. It's been almost 4 days now since the storm. I have never seen so many trees down from one storm. I had to cut one down in my yard today because the storm destroyed it.

Yeah, I know we don't have it bad compared to those in Texas, or those in Louisiana, but man it was weird having this kind of weather all the way up here away from the coast. We usually have tornadoes, but those are usually concentrated in one area, not so widespread like these winds were.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Hydroman]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioguy646
I forgot sorry fellow Ohioans GO BUCKS, O------ H.

I----O--- !!!!!

hehe. had to do it. an o-h can't just be left alone like that!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The only way I heard that power was out in Ohio was through a blog at toothpastefordinner.com, since the guy who runs it lives there. You are absolutely right.... 0 mainstream media coverage. I hadn't even heard power was out in KY.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well, if you can believe this, the power is STILL out at my workplace. We're running off a GIANT generator now. It's a nationally-based business with about 250 people at the corporate office...so we have computers, phones going at least...no A/C ugh....but people from all over the country have been trying to call...and I have been talking to people out in CA telling me how they just got a fast busy signal with my direct line, no signal at all from the 800 number etc..and I've been having to explain the situation and the FIRST thing they say is....

"WOW no kidding??? It hasn't been on the news at ALL!!" Has been every response so far yesterday and today.

According to our local news, 300,000 people are still without power, so basically a little less then 1/3 of the city. The police are having to guard a few Duke Energy offices around the city due to people being so irate about not having their power restored that tempers are definitely flaring.

Anyway, I am listening to the BTS Mix, the latest one, and one of the guy's is from West Texas and they are talking about how the media has basically even abandoned the heart of the Ike damage in Texas.... "Oh, only 10 dead so far?? NEXT!" seems to be the mantra now....

Thoughts?

[edit on 18-9-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ox

I wasn't saying it was bad, I was saying 2.5 million people or more, just in Ohio and Kentucky ALONE, not even counting the poor folks in LA and TX...and not one hint of coverage until 2-3 days later?? HELLO that's MY POINT lol.

I have yet to see hardly ANY coverage of Houston...only Galveston, and that was just all the idiot reporters standing out in the blowing winds 3 days before and right until it hit...then the next day, the gratuitous shots of the piles and piles of wooden planks...then...NOTHING hardly, some interviews about "price gauging" where they talk to the poor people coming back to see if they have a house left...etc.

Shameful and incompetent to say the least, perhaps a cover-up? I am thinking they are too stupid...I think it's just that they were disappointed that there wasn't any looting, they couldn't do the "blame Bush" chant and not enough died, and nothing was left but wood splinters....they couldn't get in their canoes and pretend they were floating in HUGE floodwaters like Good Morning America got caught doing during Katrina.....not enough drama, and they couldn't find any suffering since most got out and they were too lazy to find the ones that didn't....sad, but true.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by LateApexer313]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join