It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OH and KY in State of Emergency with Absolutely NO MSM Coverage!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Goes to show that the government simply doesn't want the nation to know just how bad things are getting on our own land.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You mentioned wake up call. I hear ya. We live on the east coast of Florida and we lost our home to hurricane Jeanne. We left during Hurricane Francis about a week before, and sustained no damage at all to our home..

When Jeanne came we assumed that we were safe..Boy was that a mistake, I WILL NEVER stay during another hurricane if it is above a category 1.

We were trapped in our house for over two hours while the roof was being ripped off. I FEEL for all of you people with out power and hope every thing works out well.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.x211

Just how do you figure it's the government and not the media themselves? If it was up to the government, I am sure they'd want the "great job" they did this go around plastered everywhere....after the Katrina debacle. Just the fact that it isn't plastered everywhere, and that they aren't even reporting hardly on Houston, only Galveston, probably way more piles of rubble to report on...is a sure sign it's the media, IMO.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Because .. if it were up to the Media they would air it because a story like this is nothing but views and money for them. Only reason they wouldn't is if the Government told them not to.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
just got these pics from my best friend who is in the ohio area. Rough storm most definately.

pic #1

pic #2

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.x211

You can't be serious! Yes the media just loves G.W. I am sure they would do anything he or "his" government told them too

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
reply to post by Ketzer22

Hiyah Ketzer22,

I sure hope you get power before the 5-7 days! My power went off Sunday afternoon but was back on by 8am Monday morning, so I was lucky. Did you guys up in Columbus have trees down everywhere too? I bet every other yard here has a tree down, no lie, it's pretty amazing.

Here in columbus, yes trees down everywhere my electric was knocked out sunday during storm aep says it will be back on wednesday and/or monday at the latest. Tonight , there are still around 280,000 without service in coulmbus.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Im lin Louisville, and havent had power since this all started. we've even run out of gas, or if there is gas, its diesel only. the damage is just ridiculous, but i wont complain. i get light pollution-less nights, so thats cool. whats weird though, is that my friend that works at a gas station, said that the government took a hundred gas trucks off the roads per breaking regulations. Dunno whats up with that, not to mention the destruction and everythign in texas aswell. I dont know though, maybe its just me, but i smell somethign foul...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Look, you choose what you spend on. You can buy some cans of food to have on hand on any budget.

You attitude is the key to the issue. Here is how we have always done it...

No offense but 99% of the people in this country think they need 99% of # they dont.

www.hillbillyhousewife.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I live in the Dayton area. It was unreal. We had no rain to speak of, just what I would call a heavy mist. My father's front yard smelled like he had been cutting wood. The leaves were flying such I felt like a snowman in a snowglobe. The big locust tree in my father's front yard had three large limbs ripped off. This is low-quality video I took. There was no sound so I added some Ray Lynch music. Looks like YouTube compresses stills very well so I am working on a slideshow of the pictures I took.

www.youtube.com...

I never really felt in danger. Traffic lights were out everywhere.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pault0126
reply to post by enter

You mentioned wake up call. I hear ya. We live on the east coast of Florida and we lost our home to hurricane Jeanne. We left during Hurricane Francis about a week before, and sustained no damage at all to our home..

When Jeanne came we assumed that we were safe..Boy was that a mistake, I WILL NEVER stay during another hurricane if it is above a category 1.

We were trapped in our house for over two hours while the roof was being ripped off. I FEEL for all of you people with out power and hope every thing works out well.

You were genuinely one of the fortunate ones having lost your home but not your lives. Sounds as if you woke up long ago. Unfortunately many people did not have the chance to learn their lessons without serious consequences.

I seriously believe that the signs have been on the wall for many years now, but we just think if we go about our day to day it will not affect us.

Really we all know on a deeper level that our time has come and it is in these last days where we will define our true humanity by the outcomes which we face together.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
how are you accessing internet?

just wondering.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thank you for starting this thread. I am in Louisville, and both my sister and I thought this was a very bizarre storm. There was no rain. How did the hurricane sustain its force all the way through KY and on into OH? Any weather gurus wanna help me understand how this happened?

Anyway, I am blessed to have power. I am also blessed to live in a wealthy neighborhood. We rarely lose power here. I work at a local country club, and it has no power. It was sad to see the golf course, I love where I work, and it will be weeks before we get this cleaned up.

Here, we are not waiting for someone to 'save' us, us employees are gathering tomorrow to start cleaning up the kitchen; groundsmen and such have been working on clean up since the storm.

I am disgusted with our mayor for having the balls and being so tacky as to even MENTION the Ryder Cup during the first news briefing. *sarcasm coming....Thank sweet Jesus that Valhalla and the Ryder Cup are going as planned, wonderful that there are tents, air conditioned, filled with ice and shrimp and filet mignon for the Ryder Cup attendees. This is SO much more important than our sick and elderly without food and power; our children out of school, some of whom eat the bulk of their food at school, and our thousands of other suffering persons doing without. But again thank the LORD the Ryder Cup will be going off without a hitch. *sarcasm off.

I am ashamed of our city for making sure the Ryder Cup and Valhalla were OK before they gave a rats behind about the rest of our city.

I cried watching the news. Half our Krogers were down, and yesterday and today I saw three to four huge dumpsters being filled with ruined food. I saw no ruined food at Valhalla. I saw on our local news a poor old woman who hoped she had enough gas to run her generator for her oxygen machine. I saw no such worries in running the generators to cool off the VIP tents over at Valhalla.

My own sister is disabled, it is why I live here in this city now and I take care of her. I am blessed she could afford the condo here in the good neighborhood, and thankful for my electric and net access, but feel helpless and angry for what my fellow citizens are going through.

And until power is back on at the club, well, after clean up day, I dont even get a paycheck until we are back up and swinging. Thats life, I accept it. I was truly disgusted by the rude and hateful complaints of the girl who waited on me at the pharmacy. She was griping that since people could not eat(only perishables were gone, there was plenty of other food on the shelves) they were all at the pharmacy. She should have been grateful she had a job to go to at all.

My heart and thoughts goes out to all affected by this most BIZARRE of storms. Maybe I can come back later with some thoughts on that.

This is a chance for our city to pull together and show our grit, and all I am seeing is a lot of concern for a golf game. That is more disgusting to me that lack of MSM coverage, although the lack does not surprise me.

Here is a link to my local news channel, it has a lot of information and pictures of this.

www.wave3.com...

[edit on 16-9-2008 by hotbakedtater]

[edit on 16-9-2008 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

_javascript:icon('
')

The main stream media is owned by the same corporations who own the entire United States government.

cjrarchives.org...

Ever heard of propoganda? Ours is an import from Nazi Germany. Literally. It is now referred to as engineering consent.

www.thecornerhouse.org.uk...

How deep does the rabbit hole go now?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The brownies lost in the driving rain. Some things just stay the same.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This is more proof that the MSM doesn't care about Middle America. Middle America is the silent majority - the ones that make this country actually work. The MSM, however, portrays the average American as the freaks and celebutards on the Left Coast and the greedy, corrupt businessmen and politicians of the East Coast. Maybe THAT has something to do with why much of the world has an unfavorable opinion of us? If I thought of myself as a Lindsey Lohan, a Matt Damon, a Chris Dodd or a Jeffrey Skilling, I'd hate myself, too.

May God be with the poor people that this hurricane made suffer.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I'm in Newport, KY and it still looks like a bomb hit Newport. I'm very surprised our power never went out. It flickered a few times, but that was it.

I had been sick lately and was asleep when the sound of the wind woke me up and this house is pretty sound proof. I've never heard wind that loud. Then I had to WALK to the store during this because the store was thinking about closing and I don't drive and no other stores are that close.

On the way there, trees were down everywhere and I saw a small dumpster get airborne and saw the wind take down an older woman. She got a laugh out of it though which made me chuckle. On the way back a huge part of a tree fell about 10 feet in front of me. I saw one car that was crushed by a tree.

I saw a lot of crews out today cleaning up the trees and I walked around myself picking up what I could to try helping them out a little.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You did not receive sustained hurricane force winds, probably at all -- much less for hours.

You did receive a few hurricane force gusts.

AKA you got hit by a tropical storm, something people in the midwest aren't used to.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Hi All,

I have been watching the MSM to see if there's been ANY mention whatsoever of what has happened here in Ohio and Kentucky since yesterday afternoon and there's been not a WHISPER of it.

Hey there,

I know how you feel. I live in Baton Rouge were most residents went without power for a week after Gustav hit. The only reports I heard or saw from the MSM were reports that New Orleans didnt get hid that hard.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well I live in Akron Ohio and it was scary here.I have been through hurricanes in Florida working for the phone company and this storm brought back flashbacks to those days.The weather was just odd all day.Clouds were zipping by at crazy speeds just like a hurricane.I want to say the light was even a little different.I had my kids in the basement after the neighbors tree split in half and we have a huge tree in the back yard that might have said hello to our house.I came upstairs just as one of those huge gusts hit and went to close the window when 3 flashes and pops came from the woods behind my house.there is no utilities or transformers back there so it baffled me.It kinda reminded me of war of the worlds when they came down lol.It even seemed more like war of the worlds about 15 minutes later just as it got dark because there was blue flashes everywhere and constant.I'm guessing it was transformers and sub-stations blowing but it was just eerie.The blue flashes seemed to be in the air like lightning more than being ground based.Later when it started to clear and the brightest harvest moon popped out that I had ever seen the clouds were tinged with red and you could now see red flashes in the clouds off in the distance.It was a beautiful and eerie sight. Only once before had I seen colors like that during a storm.About 6 years ago in Cleveland during a winter storm there was green lighting which I found very odd.I know it wasn't as bad as what happened to Texas I'm just surprised at the lack of coverage.Not once during the whole storm did I hear the EBS go off.You would think 75 mph gusts would be some kind of emergency.Because of the Browns Steelers game and some local stations losing power we ended up having to listen to a Cincinnati AM station on the battery powered radio to get a clue as to what was going on.Luckily we were just without power for 2 days unlike some who still don't even have it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join