It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are we ever going to get to the bottom of this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
hello ats folks,i will start this thread by stating i really do enjoy this website.every one who frequents this site is more aware of the myriad explanations that surround the 911 topic than any one else in the general public,whether they believe them or not.that being said,what are the implications of this knowledge and in what way can they be put to practical use?after sorting through all of the information it has recently dawned on me that this topic is slowly being delegated to the role of the ufo and jfk type conspiracy theories,that is,so much true information is being mixed with so much false information that the truth of the matter will never be discovered.i think that this is actually true for most of the topics here on ats.
so what will become of this information?is awareness that something is ''not quite right'' be the goal in and of itself?what practical recourse do we as the public have?
i personally believe that the truth will always be in obscurity,that the lie is so much bigger than what we are led to believe,and in the scope of history,we spend more time on things that we can never get to the bottom of than the information that is available merits.i am glad that people do expose the inconsistencies,they do get us closer to the truth,but then they are obfuscated,mixed with garbage until every article of truth is hard to separate from the mouthpiece that speaks it.is it really possible to look at this event objectively?does anyone really think that we will get to the bottom of this?and if so,what could happen?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I for one believe the truth will come out, but not for many years. Those in control will never allow it to see the light of day whilst the perpeTRATORS are still alive.

That said, I also believe (unfortunately) that those that get to read the truth will be from a different time and generation and will probably review as we review the wrongs of the past now.

For example, when you hear of the atrocities of the Inquisition, the holocaust, or even the scandal of Watergate now days, most people view it with a “ho hum” attitude. It was all in the past, nothing to do with now, and those involved are long gone.

I would love to see the truth come out tomorrow, but my well nourished cynicism tells me otherwise.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

i think that is a great comparison.though if you really look at it,who is to say we have the whole truth on the inquisition?like i said,i believe true objectivity is impossible,for we rely on the testimonies of the enemies of the inquisition to give us the histories of the matter.all in all though,i think you are right.it is sad to think about it,that these people may escape justice here on terra firma.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Look how long it took for the truth of the Gulf of Tonkin and Pearl Habor took to come out. We are talking decades.
Here we are again in what many consider to be the 5th or 6th galvanizing act of the country (I believe you can include the Boston Tea Party in this lot) to go to war.
Beyond that, there are so many people who are so absolutely oblivious to the fact that our illustrious gov'ment could ever be involved in something to horrific that they will NEVER open up to even the possibility of what could be the truth.
If I had to venture a guess, I would think that somewhere in the next 10-20 years, the truth of it all will come in some deathbed confession(s) or science will finally validate the truthers and dissolve the fabrications.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i know this is the ''choir''but there are alot of people out there who have no clue about the conspiracies around the gulf of tonkin and pearl harbor,and even of those,there are still people who deny that there is a conspiracy at all.i am beginning to believe that these things are formulaic and specifically engineered to be that way,up to the release of ''true''unclassified information.until some kind of paradigm shift of human conscience occurs,we will continue to be lied to and those of us on the fringe will continue to be sidelined,never on the field of public knowledge,neither in the''know''or in the stands.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
2 tech advantages we have at our disposal...
that we've never had before

internet and cheap home video editing/making equipment/software

without these we'd all be blind
instead of just those who choose to stick their heads in the sand
but thanks to these alternative open modes of info sharing
more people can be challenged/informed/connected
it's a snowball effect... i just wish it would pick up more momentum
so i can see the day, when all those who are responsible are prosecuted to the tenth degree

as for the mix of what is true and false
this is the challenge of good research and reporting
you have to double check every claim,
be as objective as possible,
look deep and long
and most importantly... think

the truth is there
i just find that post people who think they have found it
are intellectually shallow and lazy
this i believe is our next evolutionary track

we have come a long way since Copernicus's day
but unfortunately not long enough

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I think one of the main points that worry me is that each time someone new comes forward to shed 'New Light' on this situation they are systematically reduce to a crazed loony, they are rediculed beyond belief and basically discommunicated from the people up high. Look at the Scientists that have come forward with hard, well researched evidence. They have been made to look like a bunch of nutter geeks and simply ignored. Bar the event of the govenment itself standing up and stating things as they actually happened and admitting they they arranged for this to happen, all this subject will ever be is the big boys V's the loonies. Time will tell I guess I do feel this is how it will be..

top topics

join