It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't we have a tricameral system here in the USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I admit I'm not a big fan of Democrats or Republicans usually myself. I know there are better parties out there that if they got power could potentially make the Government go into a better direction. The problem is that they are viewed in an extreme by the public view.

I don't see why the US government doesn't allow more than two parties to rule the Government.

It doesn't make much sense. The founding fathers said we could do what we want to with the Government. So if people are dissatisfied with the two present parties in charge we should be able to create another one.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
There are currently actually dozens of political parties that have in the last several decades submitted candidates for president. Of course, there is almost always only at most ever going to be candidates that even get any publicity from the top 5 parties. Then, the MSM is going to media blackout all but the Republicrats and Demicons.

List of Political Parties

I can only assume that since the Rep & Dem are the oldest of the existing parties, the wealthies of the parties, and the most backed by TPTB, they will continue to rule over the remaining parties.

Just remember that you do have the right to write in Bugs Bunny, if that is who you want to vote for in any election.

new topics

join