It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bus Beheading Similar to Windigo Phenomenon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd post this interesting article I read regarding the bus beheading in Canada and its similarities to something called The Windigo Phenomenon.

cnews.canoe.ca...

Here's a quote:
"On July 20 -- just 10 days before the killing -- Li delivered copies of the Sun that contained an extensive interview with Carlson about his research into the Windigo, a terrifying creature in native mythology that has a ravenous appetite for human flesh. It could take possession of people and turn them into cannibalistic monsters."

From what I read, I personally think that Vince Weiguang Li basically interpreted what he read from Carlson's article the wrong way (due to mental illness perhaps) and it unfortunately cost someone their life.

However some could read into the incident as an example of the Windigo phenomena itself.

Your thoughts?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hmmm..I don't normally post on gory subjects, but this seems like something I may be able to shed some light on. I think at certain time/times in some peoples lives some kind of physical change occurs which is very similar to a seisure syndrome that causes abnormal outbursts and or morbid thoughts of wanting to eat flesh, or cause harm to others.

I believe this is brought on by a slight stroke causing death of certain small area in a very specific area of the brain. It is not enough to totally disable the person, but it does present with very bad headaches and untreatable fatique. The headaches usually don't respond to normal analgesic treatment.

What causes this stroke/blockage and the resulting symptoms is unknown, and I believe someone who may have suffered from this was the famous painter Vincent Van Gogh. He would be normal and all of a sudden chase someone around with a strait razer. He also cut off his ear, and I think it was a cry for help and in answer to an impulse, more than a symbol of his love for his girlfriend.

Some people are stronger than others mentally, and can control the pressure of these abnormal thoughts/impulses, and although it does wreak havoc on their lives for a while, they usually grow out of this strange syndrome.

I believe this normally appears in the early 20s through the 30s, with the symptoms lasting anywhere from 1 year to several. needless to say, it can drive some people to suicide.

I believe the ones who act out on these abnormal thoughts/impulses are already suffering from a previous undiagnosed/diagnosed mental illness.

Well, that is just my theory excluding any kind of prior exposure/attraction to gory stimulus causing the action which is another disorder that also has a tie in with mental illness.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Li was possessed in the biblical sense, beings outside his being entered him and took control of his body and used it to kill another person. To identify these enties as a wendigo is to merely identify a single facet of the mask of the true killers. We are fortunate to have a copy of the Gable film, it shows a wendigo/hodag/dogman in action, shapeshifting on the run. The animal is not real, it is a mask, but the creatures behind the mask can and will kill you. Literally drinking your blood and eating your flesh, a fiendish enactment of holy communion. Reading a book or other literature will not hurt you, you can only be possessed by contact. Unfortunately for humanity, their numbers are increasing and they are actively "seeking those they may consume."

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

You say it so 'matter of fact'-like, almost like you actually believe that.

If, of course you actually do, please share your evidence for drawing such a conclusion.

top topics

join