It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you shop at Walmart ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Do you shop at Walmart ?
Do you see anything wrong with supporting Walmart ?
Do you think your choice , one way or the other , make any difference at all ?

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Max_TO]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

i shop at wal-mart because im piss broke and the things there are cheap. i dont see how spending less is making me a bad person. wal-mart is not the antichrist.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Only when I need dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets that my son is crazy about. Other than that I really don't unless I am out of town and need something, you can always seem to find one in the strangest places.

Rush

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I love walmart. I shop there every time I need something that isn't great but good enough. The prices can't be beat. The only problem is you always come out with more than you intended on purchasing. And you can actually still find things in walmart that are made in the USA or Canada, unlike Canadian Tire, aka Crappy Tire where everything is total crap or totally overpriced.

I would never buy their food though - the quality is terrible and most of the produce is from China.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Do you shop at Walmart ?

No, I don't shop at Walmart.

I have many issues in supporting a multinational conglomerate that destroys small businesses and rapes the core of most communities when they build another big box store.

It makes a difference to me.
If it says "Made In China", like almost everything in Walmart, I just don't buy it.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Do you shop at Walmart ?

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Max_TO]

Well if we had Walmart here in Australia, i probably wouldn't after seeing these pictures on this link

Ouch!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I normally dont, just because there is a grocery store not far from my house, so I dont like to drive across town if I dont have to. But I dont see anything wrong with it and I have shopped there before.
Here is a link for a Penn & Teller: Bull# episode for anyone that is interested. They have pretty funny shows - always debating something.

Penn & Teller expose America's love/hate relationship with Wal-Mart. We look at the good and bad sides of the biggest employer in the US. We challenge the director of the documentary, "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price," we reveal union efforts to smear Wal-Mart, we meet a chronically unemployed young mother in Chicago to see how her life changed when Wal-Mart came to town and we look for the silver lining behind third world sweatshops.

edit: tried to post a link to it, but since it's on a video finder kind of site the link wont work correctly... sorry =/ but if anyone is interested I found it on surfthechannel.com and the episode is actually called wal-mart.

[edit on 15/9/08 by justxxme]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Shamefully yes sometimes, today I was buying some ground turkey because my grocery store went from 200 a package to 298.

I also picked up a few other unintended items and you know what? I was getting shocked big time every time I would pick up an item and then when I would go back to my cart.

I swear, it seems that each time I shop there it happens, the kids crack up as I get really freaked out to even go in the store.

Today was the worst, people were pretending not to notice or hear when the electrical shocks were zapping me. At the most they kind of look through their peripheral vision over at me. They could see the electrical static and hear the snapping!

A Mom of one of my children's friend came up to meet me and set up a play date for our kids and she walked up as my kids were laughing, touching items on the shelves and zapping me endlessly.

The biggest zap I got was when I finally made my way now with a migraine starting and feeling literally fried, to the checkout.

Walking up to the lady I went through the wrong way trying to hurry out of the store, and when she touched my arm lightly the cash register went crazy, the call light up above flashed and the shock was like a 220 volt with electric, light and sound. I pulled away and she was SHOCKED! I refused to touch the cart again and the poor woman was so big eyed and asking me endless questions about the phenomena as she had read about it happening to some people but never really believed it until now.

Insisting I should seek medical help, maybe something I could take for it, but I just casually tried to escape asap and kind of laughed (not in a mean way) that it had happened like that, it was validation. My kids came up at that time and they were still trying to poke me and even the cashier told them to stop it was not funny, they just laughed and said we always shock her when shes electric.

Now I have seen many threads about people that control street lights and such, what could I say? Last time I drove through LA as I went down the freeway every single light went out as I passed.

This happens all the time and since no one can tell me why I just have not wanted to be placed in an even weirder plane here on the forum than I already am with my wild claims of aliens and UFO stuff. I am actually just finished living that life alone for the most part and seriously need to connect with others of the same level of experience.
Do I think its connected? Yes I do. Do I shop wally, yes but at a shocking price. Is it because of my implants? Thought they were removed years ago. Maybe not huh?

[edit on 15-9-2008 by antar]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

Do you shop at Walmart ?

No, I don't shop at Walmart.

I have many issues in supporting a multinational conglomerate that destroys small businesses and rapes the core of most communities when they build another big box store.

It makes a difference to me.
If it says "Made In China", like almost everything in Walmart, I just don't buy it.

Perfect.

Just because you don't see the difference you're making by not shopping there doesn't mean you're not making one. Wal-Mart is the biggest destroyer of the infrastructure of America, and also a wear on the American economy. Not only that, but it also has some incredible strategies to leave employees penniless while they get the most out of their labor. More jobs are lost to Wal-Mart than we have gained from it. There's other ways to live "cheaply" and none of them involve some faceless, scandalous company.

top topics

join