It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your Sun/Horoscope Sign?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Pisces

But I often feel like a stop sign,

Or a sign of the times …

Or a sign of things to come …

Or maybe even a bad sign.

But never a cosine.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
My birthday is August 28th. My sign is Virgo.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

Taurus, no matter which astrology time table you use. Year of the Tiger.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I am Libra, and another friend of mine who frequents this site is a gemini....

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Add one more Scorpio ,I wonder why there's lots of Scorpios on ATS.I guess its true that we are curious and like to investigate things.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Aries, both by conventional astrological designations, and by AvengingGecko's 'adjusted' dates. I was born in the Year of the Dog (1958). Good luck with your study.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
sagitarius and year of the tiger......

[edit on 18-9-2008 by AgnosticX]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
*Current list (by my count, from start), including the animals!*

Aries
= 20
Taurus
= 11
Gemini
= 10
Cancer
= 11
Leo
= 15
Virgo
= 8
Libra
= 12
Scorpio
= 23
Sagittarius
= 16
Capricorn
= 11
Aquarius
= 11
Pisces
= 6

Goat = 3
Ox = 3
Snake = 4
Horse = 4
Dog = 6
Rat = 6
Dragon = 11
Tiger = 6
Monkey = 5
Rooster = 8
Rabbit = 3
Pig - 3

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Nice, this is such a dragon isle! ONELINERONELINERONELINERONELIE!!!11!!!

duh

-v

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I don't know if this helps, but:

if you add the signs together by their elements you get:

Fire (Aries, Leo, Sagit) 51
Water (Canc, Scorp, Pisc) 40
Air (Gem, Lib, Aqua ) 33
Earth (Taur, Virg, Capric) 30

Going by whether or not the signs are Mutable, Fixed or Cardinal you get:

Fixed (Taur, Leo, Scorp, Aqua) 60
Cardinal (Aries, Canc, Lib, Capric) 54
Mutable (Gem, Vir, Sag, Pisc) 40

Total of 154 replies so far.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by berenike]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trams
I am an Aquarius. If you can, please tell me your zodiac sign. I want to see if a larger portion of you have one sign. Also I want to see if a Horoscope sign has anything to do with intelligence, or curiosity.
Thanks!

Correct me if I'm wrong but a larger portion of people having one particular Zodiac sign would be due to the amount of people born in any particular month?

So, theres direct correlation between how many people born in one month and how many people have the same star sign. This doesn't really prove anything

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Just To add as I never in the first post,

Year of the OX is my Chinese sign.

Also as I know something about the subject of Astrology I feel you might find the results of the MOON sign as significant and maybe even more similarities than the traditional western pop sun sign info.

The moon rules secrets, un revieled information, what is yet to come, mysteries, uncertainty, unconscious passions and desires and behaviour.

The placing of the moon sign and its house is much more likely as the above to reveal any members preference of these Conspiracy or alternative subjects than any sun sign could.

In addition for those who are interested some real scientific research has been done in this area already, though in relation to careers chosen or obtained due to your sun sign, and the place of the other planets in certain houses.

I will list below the previous main attempts to look at this subject in a scientific way, as the OP is doing, in a historical order below for your information. I don’t have the dates or books, sources to hand, please go ogle if you want verification, therefore I will only add what I know to be true, and have read from Memory and not therefore "my interpretation"

Carl Jung the groundbreaking Pyschologist/Therapist/Philospher, and like soo many genius's before him is only just being noted many years after his death for Genius and insight. He will IMHO become much more important in future Psychology and Psychiatry rather than the current materialistic Freudian slant, he researched lightly the compatibility of couples based on their astrology.

French Astrologer Leon Lasson researched the signs, but mainly the placement of Mars in famous stage performers, actors and theatre types.

K.E. Kafft gathered a huge amount of data on the placing of the heavens at the time of birth and life events, and character etc. Of interest here is that he was regarded by some as Hitler's astrologer though as far as I have read and know this is unproven, though spoken and whispered much.

Paul Choisnard was a Astrologer who I think was French maybe Spanish he tried his hand at a Statistical Analysis of signs on life events, likes, dislikes and profession etc.

None of these researchers though were accepted, Kafft made some even for this site, very outlandish claims on the results, or there were floors in their methodology in interpret ting, and preparing the inputs for the data sets, even if the results were more "realistic" than Kaffts.

In addition any of the results put forward by the astrologers was not given any acceptance by the scientific community, even though it may have been better science or more accurate, in this whole conception period of real study of astrology by science, (in modern western terms anyway and in public!) even with the Gravitas of Jung, his work was just given a Cursory glance without any real duplication attempts to verify/falsify it.

As far as I know after the above cases, the first real Scientific examination of this then was undertaken by a French Statistician Michel Gauguelin in the early 1950's.

He drew his data sets from the birth certificates from French registry offices, knowing the place and exact time of birth from this information. He studied around 25,000 horoscopes! (from memory, very close don't quote that figure could be 25002 or whatever!)

From this vast data set he found a correlation with the placement of Mars and occupation, and building on the previous work of Lasson, he found a definite statistical significant correlation between the Medicine especially Pioneers in the filed like Professors and Mars being just risen or at Midheaven at time of birth. Saturn also seemed to show this property.

I remember that he stated in the work, and him being a statistician(a bit of an obsessive lot:-) so its probably very correct and in addition, I have seen no published(peer) work that shows the math is wrong, he stated that the Odds against what he found within the Medical profession, and the Placement of Mars and to a lesser degree Saturn at the time of birth, not being causal from astrological instances as noted but pure chance as at least 1 million to 1!

He was ridiculed in short after publishing this work but he carried on and grew the data set with years more research into other professions and certain planets at the time of birth. He found something very interesting too in the data, it seems that this placement of certain planets at the time of your birth seems to only affect the very successful in a field, so therefore many more leading pioneering surgeons had the first placements studied, but when you looked at those who were the sheep/fodder/norm of the profession, the influence seemed to be much much less!

He was I believe told during his ridicule, as he gained more evidence that, by another noted scientist, that the results were due to nationality, as he only looked at French data, so could not be taken as serious research. He then roamed Europe with his wife doing the same as before. His results supported his previous findings, though paradoxically the skeptic had been onto something, there did appear to also be a factor in the nation of birth having an influence as well, though the influence of planets on career and especially very successful people, was pretty much being proven, the national influence wads also there.

So for example to try and explain, from some of the results I showed above, in France he found most successful surgeons, medical pioneers, had Mars and or Saturn rising or mid heaven at birth, in say Greece, Mars would still be important but maybe just over Midheaven or setting, so you would find most Medical Pioneers in Greece with Mars/Saturn in a different place than the results in France, but still clustered in the same way!

SO Even though the planet had this influence, it seems also to a certain degree to matter where you were born, the country, as well as the position of the planet, at time of birth.

So this was the first real scientific look at this, and has been followed by the likes of Edmund Van Duesen in the USA, in the UK by Dr Smithers and mmm I think Cooper(?) just say Smithers et al.

All this more recent research built on the data available, and further found correlations with especially Profession and astrology, though as I stated in the beginning of the post, the sun sign is not important but other planets placement, I think an examination of the moon signs, or what signs were in the 12th house of members of ATS rather than sun sign!

The most recent and heavyweight research I am aware of was then done by Hans Eysenck the very very prominent psychologist and author, researcher.

This research was very interesting as it was looking at the tendency to psychological behaviour and illnesses based on sun sign.

He found that as well as astrological influences numerology came into it, he scientifically proved that if you are an "odd" numbered birth sign (no of house sun in when born) you are much more likely to be extrovert, and the opposite true for "even" numbered signs!

in addition, and as a Pisces and having worked in the field myself this is worrying :-) that the water signs and Aries are more likely to have Neurotic behaviour or be very "emotional" in their behaviour communication and interaction with others!

SO I AM NOT A DRAMA QUEEN< IM A WATER SIGN OK! And stop talking about me to :-) lol.

I have not looked into this correlation between Science and astrology for many years now, so more recent research may have been done on it, sorry I don't have the actual stat results, for you but you have the names now go ogle and find it yourself! I may try and dig out the data some time soon.

Hope I have put some weight on this thread, and hopefully its evolving now nicely.

Njoy

Kind Regards,

Elf

[Spelling edit on 18-9-2008 by SwimmingNueroticIntrovertedMischeviousElf:-)]

[edit on 18-9-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well, statistically, this survey doesnt have any meaning in terms of "what signs are frequenting ATS in greatest number."

Mostly, because it is not a random sample. People who are attracted to the thread AND who choose to post their sign are the ones represented, so all we are really surveying is "who notices and will respond this this sort of thread."

Someone pointed out earlier that you might expect to see a high percentage of certain kinds of signs, those famous for their willingness to talk about themselves, (Aries, Leo) lol.

What I find more interesting is the Scorpio predominance. Scorpios are known for their secretivness, and love of intrigue, so a large showing on a conspiracy site like ATS is not really surprising. What I do find a little surprising is the "here I am" aspect. Although, now that I think about it, none of my Scorpio friends are particularly retiring.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SvenTheBerserK

Here's the real zodiac and the accompanying article.

Capricorn - Jan 20 to Feb 16
Aquarius - Feb 16 to Mar 11
Pisces - Mar 11 to Apr 18
Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Taurus - May 13 to Jun 21
Gemini - Jun 21 to Jul 20
Cancer - Jul 20 to Aug 10
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23
Scorpius - Nov 23 to Nov 29
Ophiuchus - Nov 29 to Dec 17
Sagittarius - Dec 17 to Jan 20

Your Astrological Sign May Not Be What You Think It Is

Going by this I am a Leo,
but I totally fit Virgo/year of the Rat

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trams
Scorpio, Water
mizian.com.ne.kr...

Jeez this one makes us sound like Vampires, LOL, I love it!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I am a Taurus. A stubborn bull-headed creature with my head in the clouds and my feet planted firmly on the ground.
Occasionally anyways. Sometimes I like to let myself float. I love being creative and playing with my children (so glad I didn't lose my imagination when I grew up). I enjoy good foods and GREAT wines, liquors too. I am hard working and easily distracted but incredible at multi-tasking so I guess I am not all that distracted after all...Unless you take this post into account...I just got aggravated when I tried to post my sign only and it told me I had to write more, which brings me to my next statement, I follow directions pretty well often times over doing what I was asked to do to begin with, that just makes me thorough though, right?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

Saggy - Best sign of the zodiac

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

good point -

would be a huge task to collect the kind of info you'd need to really get in to it - but - a fun start

ascendant/moon would be good addition

but just going by sun signs - great to see the signs of posters you're familiar with

Illusions - NEVER would've pegged you for an Aries

so - what's up with that?

I see some kind of Sagittarius/Pisces/Gemini/Virgo thing happening :-)

just curious - ascendant/moon?

[edit on 9/18/2008 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
also - Taurus/Rat

but - the reason I hang out here at ATS is probably my Scorpio moon

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join