It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel detached from my physical body.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hey Frankidealist, how you doing? For somewhere between the past half year to year i've been working on exercising my mind, getting more in tune with my 'spirituality' (for want of a better word), and it feels great, mind, body and spirit feel healthier than ever. Yet there is a feeling or sensation of detachment or distance from my physical body which i often encounter, usually during meditation, but often as i'm going about my regular daily business this feeling overcomes me. Obviously, can't say if this is the same kind of thing that you're experiencing (story of the three blind men describing an elephant comes to mind!) but what i'm feeling i take to be quite a positive thing, if thats worth anything to you.
You say you're doing a lot of things that focus on your mind, and that you're expanding your intellectual, spiritual, and emotional self, what types of things are you doing if you don't mind me asking?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The best way to feel at one with one's body is to get a good kicking. I am willing to oblige, so if you're interest let me know.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAThought

this diagnosis

The thing that pisses me off is that "regular" people that "conform to the society around them" are pretty damn insane to go around and start "diagnosing" other people with "mental disorders" simply because they think differently.

I mean, if these dumbass doctors and psychiatrists were to go to another country and begin diagnosing the citizens of another country that has totally different belief's and ways of life, they would find every single citizen to have "mental disorders"

I personally only see people with mental disorders such as "I have an invisible friend" or "I have two personalities and can't control them" or "I have an uncontrollable desire to curse or kill other people" actually qualify as having "mental disorders"

but to say that someone has mental disorders within the link you provided based on the idea that they believe in telepathy qualifies them for having a "mental disorder" then you can call me "mentally disordered"

I mean we never really know that we are using telepathy until someone around us mentions something they just thought about and you realize that your thoughts were either projected to them or their thoughts were projected to you, the funny part is that no one really knows how HARD it is to tell the difference between "our own projected and original thoughts" and "someone elses projected thoughts"

Its almost impossible to tell which is which, but its almost certain that they are being projected one way or the other, which kinda links in to the idea that there is a steam of consciousness, and that really no thoughts are ever "original" coming from a specific person, but rather a collective that you pick and pull ideas from that were already there, but even then how can you tell when you are recieving information from a source that can't be physically touched or seen?

personally I HOPE we are moving through the galactic plane around 2012, alot of people will probably die but many will ascend to a higher consciousness

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
First of all let me assure you that what you are going through is not uncommon, and quite natural. The clinical term for it is 'dissociation'. Not disassociation, don't get confused, they are two different things.

When a person goes through a traumatic experience, or sometimes a huge change this occurs. It can be uncomfortable if you do not know what is happening.

It has links to OBE, PTSD, and many other things. I myself have experienced this many, many, many times. Once I found out what it was it gave me the opportunity to look over my life. Almost like watching a video at time. I actually have learned to enjoy these moments, they can be very peacefull if you let them be.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sawyer

Like I said, I'm reading a lot of books, and I've been doing a lot of exercising, and I've been talking to a lot of people. I think I have became less attached to my body and more attached to my soul by having thus read as many books as I have. As I've read a lot of books this last year I feel more attached to my mind, and, my soul, and, I feel like I'm better at understanding my own emotions, and the emotions of others, and I am better at talking to people. I feel like I'm in a state of surreal calmness. I don't feel any pain in my physical body. I've corrected a lot of the faults that I have. I've figured out what causes my body to feel certain things at certain times when I do different movements and or actions, and, because of that, I have been thinking less and less of my physical body. I do engage in meditation of some sorts. I try to strive for a state of deep concentration and this state of deep concentration usually leads me to understand all kinds of truths about the world and what my thoughts are about other people. I feel less and less engaged with my physical body and more onlooking the rest of the world. It's not that I am an inactive observer of the world which that I am not but that I feel less attached to my physical state of being.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think that you are in a state of mind that most people aren't even aware of. Just go with it. You seem to be comfortably aware of things that were beyond your realm, and that of most. Just let your observations from this new awareness be of benefit to you. Just check it out you will be confident in using this insight that you have just discovered. If it is good you will know, and I think you do. There is nothing wrong with feeling good, it is just new to you. It will all come together.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
same here i feel very detached.
recently ( 6 months ago)
experienced a near death experiance..
lets just say i took a brutal beating by 9 people
kept doing drugs till yesterday actually...dont think im doin it no more
i can barely feel my body.
ive od'd more than once too
feels like my body and mind are totally seperate
im always trapped in my thoughts..and it feels like everything/ everyone here is in a ffake sense of reality..just doing what we're told to do
what we're taught..not questioning
nothing seems real
i look at everybody and they all seem trapped. in something like a matrix?
or fake reality.
im probably just crazy though...ha

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Here again knowing there is more is what causes this. Just try not to float off completely, as it's good to be in the physical.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think I understand how you feel. I feel the EXACT same way, only I don't really feel in tune with my mind either. It's like my mind is almost superficial and I almost don't process what I say. Maybe it's a result of saying nothing but bull# for a year straight. It's like I'm not in my body and I can't control it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join