It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Million year old Camel bone found,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wow this is pretty neat, A 1 million year old camel bone has been found in Syria,

A jaw bone was found in the desert and is thought to be a so far un recorded kind of camel, Last year other bones where found of a slightly larger one,

Its really cool to see that the earth still has many secrets left, Sometimes it feels like the whole world has been dug up, So great to here another story and a new mystery to keep an eye on,

I really look forward to the later findings of this,

The jawbone was found last month near the village of Khowm in the Palmyra region, about 150 miles northeast of Damascus, said Heba al-Sakhel, the head of the Syrian National Museum who was one of the leaders of the team of Syrian and Swiss researchers

link

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Certainly interest.

One comment on "dug up" less than a fraction of 1% of the world surface has been subjected to a full blown field survey. As for the percentage that has been excavated. I'd hazard a guess of less than 100,0000th of 1 percentage. Lots of cool space left to look in to.

Oh and by survey I mean one or more trained humans have gone over the surface - every square meter on foot and in some cases on your knees. In a newer version - they would have done remote sensing. If nothing shows of the surface you usually don't do a test pit or remote sensing. Unless you've got tons of time, money, a lead or a hunch.

join