It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death of the Human Race.... In Short....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The Death of the Human Race.... In Short....

Well, after taking a 3-person view of my life and others. I was shocked after I thought about it a while.

Your life, dictated by the government, society, media, and rules, has got you set for life.... Let me explain...

You start school in Grade School, your time is constantly filled up with sports, friends, and marketing producing on TV.

Middle School. The work starts to pile on, your still very young, and still involved with sports, friends, and other activities... You still have some time.

High School. Your real life starts. Your life is entirely consumed with 4 hours of homework everyday, activities, and school that leave you tired, stressed, and unhappy at the end of the day.

College. Its a society norm to go to college these days, you get there, and are piled on by what your suppose to absorb in the short amount of time. You work very hard, and use up most of it on work related items, when not, you are most likely high, drunk, wasted, and at a party.

Life After college. College Ends. Your stuck at a dead-end job, getting a low pay while still working hard, you work and work and work. You may find a decent career path.

Career. You start your life. You get a 'real' job which requires not just punching the card in and out everyday but to actually complete the job and do a good job. Your entire life is consumed with this task 14 hours and day. The rest is spent sleeping or traveling.

Retirement. You finally finish your career, and are ready for a rest, but then you realize you got stuck with a terrible insurance, and retirement plan and now have no money. You spend the rest of your life working at Walmart or playing in a band somewhere to make some money to live on.

There you go. I just fit 95% of the average American's life in a few short paragraphs. That's pathetic. It all starts in High school, when your trained like rodents to work until you drop dead. My version of life is not that. Not working until you die, but gaining and learning information to make something productive at it. Its a terrible life if you didn't learn anything.

The sad thing is that no one cares. Anyone at any level cannot control every single stage of life to make a difference. But you. As I said, it all starts in High School homework. I briefly saw a thread labeled about stopping homework. I agree.

This may sound like a lazy high school student saying, but, Homework is the death of everything.

1. Homework trains you to work hard, so you can be a slave for the rest of your life.

2. Homework leads to pointless conclusions, and you did not learn anything practical.

It all starts with the education and our mindset, they need to change. You can't change the outcome if you don't try something different. That is why I propose a change in today's modern society.

Break free from the bonds of slavery. Don't do what society says. Run your own life doing what you like doing! Don't get that dead-end job.

Any high school er who read this: It all a big joke. Take school seriously, but think that homework is not mandatory, it will set your lifestyle!

It will change you permanently. The education they give you is not enough, learn more than required.

Just a few comments to make people more aware.

From the Desk of,

truth_seeker3

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
unfortunately because the masses are brainwashed they are kept in fear by threats of failing a class or a phone call home. (sarcasm)

i believe homework is useless and so is most of the school work. why do American students go to school for a longer time and more years yet still are dumber then most other countries. because American teachers don't teach they train.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
because American teachers don't teach they train.

Exactly! They are training us to be good corporate 'slaves' to work us to death and to make the rich richer and increasing the gap between the middle class/lower class and the rich!

I don't usually talk about elitist, NWO, and that such, but I for one am now convinced that something is wrong with the picture!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
this new generation is quickly becoming the new serfs. poorly educated and not concerned about the government. yes it will be a terrible day when the american citizen stops asking and only obeys

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yes, it really is quite sad that today's public do not even have the intelligence and skill to recognize that they are being controlled by the aristocratic government.

It must be changed before it comes to a point where it can't be changed... aka 1984, George Orwell.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
funny you should mention that book i just finished reading it. that book along with the movie zeitgeist has me convinced that a George Orwell future is the only one we have to look forward to.

Unless something is done now

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
How do you intend to fully grasp the lessons taught if you do not go home and practice what you were taught? I am in college right now, and in most classes, the professors lecture on some of the most important parts of the chapters you are on, but, it is up to you to go home and do the homework assigned to learn the other parts. Then when you run across something that you just can not seem to catch on to, then you ask about it the following day in class.

I agree that the public education system needs drastic changes, but to submit the notion that homework is useless is just rediculous. (No matter how much I hate doing it)

How will students expect to do well and get the chance at scholarships if they do not practice practice practic. It is especially important to do lots of homework in mathematics. The only way to be comfortable at test time is to spend lots of time at home.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
when you say practice you mean doing a repetitive task over and over again until it stays stuck in your head?

wow sounds like the perfect brainwashed army

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You may do that in college, but, when I was in high school, there was a clear difference between the AP US History class and regulars. It was mostly just class discussion with a useless recap homework. I know perfectly that some people actually did know LEARN the material, but committed it to memory and it eventually fluttered away like a butterfly.

I don't know if I mentioned it was completely useless, but a large time-waster if not. Your just filling in blanks, unlike in real learning, you use your critical thinking skills, analytical, and writing skill.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So I am being brainwashed because I do math problems until it hurts to ensure that I retain what I learned? Should people stay uneducated? I do not understand what the point is your trying to make. Can you give some supporting details as to why you are making such claims?

As far as history class goes, well, thats just a class where you memorize a bunch of stuff you may or may not remember. I happen to remember a lot from history, but I love history. I guess if that is not your forte' then, you will let it fade away.

Just to touch on the repition comment again, how does one advance his/her skill in any task without repitition?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
first of all i would like to say that there is a big difference between learning and training. you can train a dog to bark 3 times when you ask him 1+2 but does that mean he learned math?

second of all what i meant to state was that they are training children from an early age that repetition is good. that it is necessary to the learning process. that is not true. if you have a good teacher and you listen and understand what he is saying then repetition is not needed. repetition is only needed to practice but how can you practice something like math? each equation is different so you don't get trained to do math you learn to do it.

what i meant by brainwashing it that from an early age they train you to believe America is great and that it is perfect. you grow up with this image in your head. so when the army tells you to attack a third world country and slaughter innocents you do it with a smile and a sense of pride.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Okay, I will clarify, sometimes my point is not always known clearly.

Education is one of the one important things someone can have. The United States does not emphazie that fact, and in some parts, does not teach it correctly, and teaches you how you should do something, instead of a solution of your own.

Ex. Math Class-That is one of my weak point. Math is Math, but the way you learn it can be different. As you know, different ways of teaching affect what you know. For many kids, such as boys, they do not learn it the best way so they can absorb it. Some can and some can't. I cannot find the specific study online, but I remeber it was either done by Columbia or Ann Arbor.

Ex.-History. In my view, the history classes of today have you memorize facts and your suppose to drawn conclusions. You are a college student, and you have complex knowledge of the subject. Unlike high school and students below that level. History is meant to learn AND APPLY the knowledge so we do not make future mistakes.

I guess you can call it brainwashing, but students need to learn so they can apply it, and master the subject. They also need more creativity.

You can work on that, I'll reply later with some more info on the topic, I got some stuff that needs to be done.

From the desk of.

truth_seeker3

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Some students may learn from carefully listening to the lecture; however, there is a large portion that need repitition. I learned to skateboard as a kid from repitition. I learned to ride a bike from repitition. I am a good driver now due to repitition. My point is that repitition has its place.

Look, I am not trying to be argumentative. You are sporting one of my heroes, Nikola Tesla. I am in school for electrical engineering after reading about him as a kid. A subject that was not found in public school I might add.

I think the argument you are making is that the education system is flawwed. I agree. The occupation of teacher has the same pitfalls as all others. You have some that go above and beyond, some that do just enough, and some that fall below the just enough part. I also think parents need to be involved. I do not have children, but I will make sure when I do that I instill upon them the notion that they should question everything. Take in the facts, weed out the myths, and form an educated decision on what they are facing.

I would like to see a complete revamping of our school system and school periods extend. I think school should be year round with two week breaks placed throughout. This would not work with the current system.

new topics

top topics

join