It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Truth" movement has become a mockery!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I know, how could I say such a thing? I'll tell you why!

It has become a joke to try and find a rational coherent debate of points and counterpoints. I stopped searching for the truth several years ago when two groups infiltrated the real truth movement. The so called "truthers" and the so called "debunkers" neither committed to what their name implies. It seems the only commitment these two groups have is to put on a show of slander and debate of anything but the real issues.

Aren't all of us truthers and debunkers? Aren't we all committed to finding the truth and debunking what is not? If that is the case, what a disservice to the truth when we proclaim to oppose someone who attempts to legitimately debunk a theory or someone who tries to prove it.

It’s the same old game. Have people subdivide themselves into a dichotomy. Convince them it is there duty to oppose anything and everything their opposition presents. And you can guarantee one thing when this is successful, nothing productive will result.

The right vs. the left, the liberals vs. the conservatives, the democrats vs. the Republicans, black vs. white, Christians vs. Muslims, Truthers vs. debunkers. It is all a bunch of noise and bickering. Somebody contact me when people have stopped allowing themselves to be so easily steered of course, until then the truth will have to wait.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
While I see your point, I can't agree that the debates are a bad thing. If we all just decided to settle down into our particular view, then the "grinding and whittling down" of the nonsense could and would never happen and the REAL TRUTH would just sit as a question in the back of everyone's minds with nothing being done to pursue it.

I think differently than most ppl do these days I guess. I am not content when I am not being challenged in my views and "put to the test." I can't settle in the apethetic mentality of lets agree that we disagree...not on an important matter such as this one.

Although, I think that those who are clinging to their sci-fi explanation of events and any other outrageously ridiculous claims really should be allowed to just believe what they want and ignored by those who are serious about the truth.

There are questions that need to be answered, it is just a matter of which questions are the right ones. I no longer believe the questions have to do with the events themselves, but the way strings were pulled on the puppets (in other words, what events served to be catalysts leading to the events) and who the ppl pulling the strings really are (I am not referring to politicians, gov't employees, or the terrorists themselves, but the ones that we don't see too much of).

But until ppl can
a) understand that it was boeing 767(s) with enough fuel to fly them clear across the country that brought down the world trade centers

(b) that building 7 was not brought down by controlled demolition but by a series of events resulting from the original attacks

(c) that a 757 did indeed crash into the pentagon and was shredded by the reinforced beams so cleverly used in the building to allow minimal damage in events such as the one carried out on 9/11 and

(d) that they did find remains and identify passengers of flight 93 in the crash in shanksville..
until this is seen to be factual, the real and even more important questions will continue to be overpowered by the outrageous claims and denial that ppl are so persistent in believing.

So, here we are 7 years after the fact and too many ppl still believe false claims that have come out since that day. It has only been within this month that I realized the more logical scenario was that terrorists carried these attacks out using hijacked planes and then in learning that, it suddenly became clear what the actual questions should have been all along and who they should have been directed toward.

Without ppl willing to carry out these debates and forcing the other side to back up their claims with proof, I would still be looking in the wrong direction.

These debates are NOT a joke to me because for the first time, I am learning something important that is so rarely taught to us in this country... not to fall for BS no matter WHO it comes from

[edit on 15-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I can't agree that the debates are a bad thing.

I can't agree that a debate is a bad thing either. It is the bickering and individuals that continue to fall for the very apparent attempt at diversion that I am sick of.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

I understand. Depends on the mood I am in whether I find it annoying or amusing. I sometimes can even fall for it.. it does get to be one of those
situations when ppl believe things they have no evidence for or even more annoying to me, when they actually argue logic and facts so they don't have to admit their theories could possibly have been misguided.

yes, I fall for it so I guess I can't really complain about others who fall prey to the petty bickering occasionally. one thing I do complain about is when ppl put pride and/or personal agendas over the Truth. I can't imagine anything being more important than the Truth.

EDITED TO ADD: YOu are absolutely right though in that it serves no purpose to the overall agenda of finding out what the Truth is.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I sometimes can even fall for it..

Ya me too. Hence the rant.
I hope I can avoid taking the bait in the future and I hope more members will do the same. It will make our true debates so much more productive. Who can stay on topic when you have to sift through pages of bickering and name calling.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

no one must ever blindly follow a light source without knowing its origin.

name your debate and we shall comense.

top topics

join