It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble Finds Unidentified Object in Space, Scientists Puzzled

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
REgarding the quality. one thing that came to mind was that WE have somewhat detailed and colored pics of the earliest part of the universe, which is farther away than this object and is about 50 times better quality and yet this pic is in black and white and grainy.
Might have something to do with them filtering it because of the 21 magnitude. That or they don't want to show us what it really is.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

I never understand how anyone has such a big ego that GOD or the creator would only create us and no one else all the planets that are out there the GOD has such good feeling about us that there would be no need to create anyone else...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
So the big-brother government withheld this information from the public *cough*cattle*cough* for over a year, huh? What's new? All humans can do physically, is use their inferior sences/space technology to constantly look-gaze around wi th their scopes, and send their useless buggy probes-satellites around. Regarding taking any advanced actions such as sector-partitioning, black-hole/planetoid creation, colonization, self-modification & cloning for evolution purposes, is CLEARLY OUT OF THE QUESTION for this species. All that's left awating mankind (since this species already 'sold' itself) is a planetary-takeover with an eventual extinction not too far off. This planet will then be completely strip-mined of it's useful resources and left rotting. If humans acted ALOT earlier, and fixed their inner mistakes/defectivness & uphevals and discovered the age-long undermining coup-de-tat, then they could of stood a chance. But it's WAY too late now and mankind will suffer tremendously for their earlier mistakes.
(Unfortunately, this isn't just a personal opinion either) It's a cold flat-fact.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
ow, i just said it on the other identical thread - what if space itself folds and unfolds? what makes us believe space is uniform ?
maybe it just come from around the corner ( a 4D corner )

I like it! Realy thinking outside the box on this one!
the interesting thing is it could be! I think that would be cool!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Referring to this quote from an "external source" link in a previous post:

"There is no prior detection of a source at the transient’s location in the NRAO VLA Sky Survey (Condon et al. 1998) at 1.4 GHz to the survey 5 detection limit of 2.5 mJy beam−1. There is no X-ray detection at this location in a 5 ks exposure in the Chandra Telescope XBootes survey (Kenter et al. 2005)"

"Condon" and "Chandra". Is that the real name of a published article being referenced there, i.e. Condon et al.1998? If it is this is a very weird coincidence.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think the best observation what they seemed have made is that apparently the universe is not empty between galaxies. The old axiom applies, the more you learn, the more you realize how little you know. Hard to imagine what this short lived massive glow in the farthest depths of space might be. We can only hope the light wave that recently passed through our tiny solar system isn't followed by some immense wave of power beyond our comprehensoin. We might want to keep an eye on solar systems closer to this deep space blast.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't know what everyone else says in this thread i just find it absurd that those crazy scientists dared to anger William Shatner for mistaking Star Wars warp drive effects with Star Treks.

Link from the same page posted by the OP. (another CERN bashing news piece)

How the # can we trust a nerdy scientist when he misquotes Star Trek and confuses it with Star Wars?

Any serious scientist that wants to discover the God particle should have known better!

Ok, can someone tell me why I can't find the damn holodeck inside Galactica?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Welcome to te twilight zone.

Maybe it is an imperial star destroyer, has anyone read the terra papers?
Supposedly there is still one destroyer out there.

Maybe the story in the terra papers is true?

Who are we to know.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This reminds me of the comet that got all fuzzy last winter. I remember you would go out and look pretty much straight up and you could just see it with the naked eye. This isn't the same thing is it?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
mabey its a hologram? that would explain how it just appeared out of nowhere.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ignore this post, please.

[edit on 16/9/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hmm...
OK, so what we're seeing here is basically a huge flash of light that burns for 100 days, fades away, and returns. Similiar to perhaps a nuclear detonation with an extended energy release? My quick assumption is magnetic forces crushing atoms until they split. Galactic magnetic fields bouncing with forces so powerful we cant begin to comprehend. detonation occurs slowly at first and grows until the fields "bounce" back. Perhaps this is a phenomena of a different scientific paradigm in astrophysics, the electric universe theory.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
For us to see this from so far away, indicates it took place a very long time ago. But what exactly happened, is what I'd like to know?

It seems to me, to be some sort of explosion. It would be a massive explosion though...immense. Maybe a distant galaxy just...K.O'd itself.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
So the big-brother government withheld this information from the public *cough*cattle*cough* for over a year, huh? What's new? All humans can do physically, is use their inferior sences/space technology to constantly look-gaze around wi th their scopes, and send their useless buggy probes-satellites around. Regarding taking any advanced actions such as sector-partitioning, black-hole/planetoid creation, colonization, self-modification & cloning for evolution purposes, is CLEARLY OUT OF THE QUESTION for this species. All that's left awating mankind (since this species already 'sold' itself) is a planetary-takeover with an eventual extinction not too far off. This planet will then be completely strip-mined of it's useful resources and left rotting. If humans acted ALOT earlier, and fixed their inner mistakes/defectivness & uphevals and discovered the age-long undermining coup-de-tat, then they could of stood a chance. But it's WAY too late now and mankind will suffer tremendously for their earlier mistakes.
(Unfortunately, this isn't just a personal opinion either) It's a cold flat-fact.

But then again its easier to complain via a computer rather then fix them issues huh?

EDITED TO ADD,
I would have to agree though .. that would be the scary thing.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Mr.x211]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
long long ago, in a galaxy far far away....

someone switched on a LHC

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Mylast reply is not acceptableand not posted , maybe the truth hurts.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
well, did you ever go to the beach and see a ball floating between waves? when the waves were higher, the ball would look like dissapearing, then latter on you can see it again , right?

Only problem I see with that is that it appeared suddenly as a 'spark' but brightened to a peak magnitude of 21 over 100 days

Then dimmed over the SAME PERIOD

The only thing the astronomers—working on the Supernova Cosmology Project—can tell is that it appeared all of the sudden in the direction of a cluster with the catchy name of CL 1432.5+3332.8, about 8.2 billion light-years away. Hubble caught a spark that continued to brighten during a 100-day period, peaking at the 21st magnitude, only to fade away in the same period of time.

So its not like it appeared and disappeared, but faded into view then faded out again gradually over a 200 day period

So if this was a "Star Cruiser" it took 100 days to power up, and another 100 days for the image to fade...

Yup sounds like efficient transportation to me

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Could be a planet that was lit up by a nearby star after being in the dark for awhile. That happens sometimes. Could also be early universe or something.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join