It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWW creator wants to seperate rumour from real science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yep, not sure if this will have any implications for ATS, but the creator of the WWW ( World Wide Web, duh
) wants to create an authenticity check for science websites.

Here's the link.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It sounds quite innocent as he says it will just be so people will be able to verify between trustworthy sources and non trustworthy.

I believe it may be a step towards internet censorship, you never know, however alot of this has derived from the LHC rumours posted all over the net.

Anyway enjoy the article

- shujinko

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by shujinko90

Good article...maybe they could have a tab at the top of each article/site you read/visit that says fiction/non-fiction/theory or whatever...like a bookshop has sections.

I think it would be almost impossible to implement, but as you say...it could be the start of censorship and that can never be a good thing.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Do you think we'd have tabs like "TRUE" or "NOT TRUE"

"CREDABLE INFO " or "UNCREDABLE INFO"

Who would decide for us ?

Would this mean the end of Wikipedia ?

Obviously the dude who so called invented the internet,has no idea what the internet is all about.

If he got his way, would the same restrictions apply to newspapers and TV shows etc ?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
A dewey decimal system for the internet. It's about time. It revolutionized the organization of libraries. A system like this could revolutionize Google Scholar like search engines. I highly doubt it will effect the internet as a whole but it will be a huge boon for academia and education. Filtering junk takes more and more time these days. Gone are the days when a .edu address equals reliablility.

new topics

top topics

join