It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sail Boat Survival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I was wondering what you survivalists would think of a sail boat versus surviving on land if the S%^* hits the fan. Sails/wind power and solar. Assuming fish would be plentiful the only concerns would be fresh water, fruits and veggies. I doubt a desalinizer could be ran off solar. Depending on location you could collect rain water. I guess you could pull in to a lagoon and load up on water when needed. You could probably grow tomatoes and other small stuff in a tow behind dingy.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
ive though about that before , have the boat on a trailor stocked with supplies waiting to go .... some of them boats are pretty big and you could stock up for a long stay at sea ... my only concern would be the coast guard or navy finding you and taking all your stuff then lockin you up etc etc

you could land at night and re suplly or just cruise up north towards main and wait out the storm just have to make sure you get a .50 just incase you see any un friendly sail boat flyin the jolly roger lol or you could just get a few of these black powder cannons and stuff them with .44 ball , i think this guy makes them in sizes up to 3 inch bore on special order

blackpowder-cannons.com...

[edit on 15-9-2008 by bravo40]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Replied by U2U.

I hope it was helpful.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

Me and a friend have given this a lot of thought and decided that when tshtf, a sailboat is the only way to go. As for water, we have a watermaker on board, and it is manual and electric, we can use it either way, and have a little over a gallon an hour. Also have been looking into solar stills, and have decided to get a couple. I decided on a multi-hull to provide a stable platform for defence if needed, plus a whole lot of room on deck tor my solar dryers and what not. Am moving to the tip of Baja on my boat, great fishing and very inexpensive to live and prepare. Plus a good place to jump off from when the land gets untenable due to starving hordes. We each have our own boat and will be trying to hook up with likeminded individuals or families when we get to Baja next month. Good luck with your preps and keep your powder dry.

top topics

join