It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC is an alien communication device

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

SIONIX is wrong.It is my understanding that the concern over the LHC
is that micro black holes, if they were created at LHC, would be
traveling much slower than any created by cosmic rays. While cosmic-
ray derived mbh's would be carried through and away from the earth
by their enormous momentum without much, if any, interaction with
local matter, in the case of hypothetical mbh's created at LHC,
(lacking the speed and momentum of cosmic ray-derived mbh's) safety
would depend upon the mbh quickly depleting itself through Hawking
radiation, a phenomenon which is still purely theoretical.Why are we wrong to be concerned if Hawking radiation isn't even proven yet?Thats the main basis for my concern.More tests need to be done period.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Do you even know what OCD is man? I bet you don't have the slightest idea. You should ask your secret friend to research it for you.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks

Do you even know what OCD is man? I bet you don't have the slightest idea. You should ask your secret friend to research it for you.

That's a good one. You are so funny and witty.

OCD.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
They are trying to be God's by creating black holes thats all. Now lets all go back to work...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The LHC experiment is much likely to create millions of blackholes(although small and limited to a millionth of a second).Now blackholes is a concept all intelligent species in the universe(if they exist) are bound to be interested in.If they could detect the effects on earth at the time of teh experiment..who knows whether they would 'zoom' in for a closer look
!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by irevolution

Why should people trust you and you're "unnamed trustworthy source"? How would "young civilizations" know the LHC and the "energy display" to be a standard operating procedure for alien contact?

By the way, hasn't the human race already been contacted by aliens?

He was probably thinking that advanced alien civilizations monitor the universe for energy signatures from exotic reactions, that rarely or almost never would happen in the Cosmic nature, and their detection would signal that another civilization is playing around with exotic energies.
Though I doubt that CERN will have in its plans to create anything that exotic simply because we don't know how to do that and we don't have a way of harnessing enough energy to register ourselves in the Cosmic radars. An effort like that would probably require such amount of energy like creating a small pulsar with an unique behavior and using it as a beacon to pinpoint our location. A distinct signal that could reveal our location from anywhere in the Galaxy. This method could apply for the easiest way to navigate in space. How can I patent this? LOL! My grand grand grand grand grand grand grand children will be rich!

[edit on 19-9-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This topic is hilarious... I mean.. seriously guys... the OP is just a teenage scifi novel reading dolt who is getting sucked into believing this ridiculous fantasy he created and all of the reply are just feeding the charade.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
I'm not sure how I can define a "massive energy discharge."

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

They don't appear to be specific to me, but you still keep asking for something more specific.

The point I think I successfully made is that you don't have a slightest idea what you are talking about, and yet take it upon yourself to make an astounding claim concerning same. That, my friend, is not healthy.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I'm not sure how I can define a "massive energy discharge."

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

I'm sure you have no problem with the description "U.F.O." as something concrete, but that you reject the concept of a massive energy discharge is rather hypocritical. A massive energy discharge can be anything from an earthquake to a nuclear explosion. Oh, how your mind must work to concentrate on such things.

The sad part is that you redirect the ignorance of the subject into berating other people.

The point I think I successfully made is that you don't have a slightest idea what you are talking about, and yet take it upon yourself to make an astounding claim concerning same. That, my friend, is not healthy.

Like I said, I'm just the messenger. You're projecting upon me the writer of the letter.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I'm sure you have no problem with the description "U.F.O." as something concrete, but that you reject the concept of a massive energy discharge is rather hypocritical.

Oh, don't put words in my mouth. I do no reject such concept (although the wording admittedly sucks).

A massive energy discharge can be anything from an earthquake to a nuclear explosion.

Well sure, there are also supernovas and such. However, you 100% failed to demonstrate how all of this relates to the LHC. It does use a lot of electricity but so does the city of Geneva located nearby, and that city is hardly an alien communication device, even after they recently added a tram line.

The sad part is that you redirect the ignorance of the subject into berating other people.

Oh please. It's rather rich of you to call me ignorant when all you do is rant and rave about some mysterious "energy discharge" that you can't even describe.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

And yet you continue to use the word not knowing what it means? Do you understand what you're even typing?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Oh please. It's rather rich of you to call me ignorant when all you do is rant and rave about some mysterious "energy discharge" that you can't even describe.

You people really do assume a lot, don't you? I've said time and time again that I have no idea what the message I received is supposed to mean.

Why do you keep asking me to describe the "massive energy discharge" in my OP? What makes you think I know what it is supposed to be?

I suppose if I received information about "a terrible event to occur next month" you'd ridicule me because I wasn't told when, where, why, how and who was involved?

You are a dense one.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks

And yet you continue to use the word not knowing what it means? Do you understand what you're even typing?

Well, as I've repeatedly said, I am only forwarding a message.

How can you not understand that? You are acting unbelievably blockheaded.

I feel like I'm posting one of Nostradamus' quatrains here and you're berating me to tell you exactly what it means when it should have been completely obvious after I said "I received this message..."

I just don't get how you can be so hebetudinous and demanding at the same time unless you have some type of OCD which forces you to respond with nonsense to my posts.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by logician magician]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Ok, having read all 7 of these pages I think I can add something to this discussion that SHOULD stop a lot of this stupid hate and ignorance.

FACT #1 - Not one single person on this planet knows EVERYTHING.
FACT #2 - The total combined population of this planet yields a less then 5% of what we truly know about the Universe and how it operates.

Now to all those that say the LHC won't produce a MASS ENERGY DISCHARGE, my question to you is... HOW DO YOU KNOW?
My sub-question to you is... Can you name all the particles they plan on smashing together?
Another question to you... Can you tell me with 1000% certainty... yes 1000%... What that collision will do?

I know I can say with 1000% certainty that you do not know what will happen because if you did... Then someone else would know, and we wouldn't need to perform these tests.

Having said that... There is a lot of speculation that when Matter is met with Anti-matter, there is a massive explosion.
Where is the proof? Have we as the Earth species made both matter and anti-matter? And have we put them together?
Again, no... we haven't. If we have... BY CHANCE... then it didn't make a massive explosion.
My posit on the whole matter anti-matter scenario is simple math.. (THOUGH THE TOPIC AND SCIENCE BEHIND IT ISN'T SIMPLE)
1-1=0
There is one apple on the table and there is one hungry kid in the room. Kid eats the apple to solve his hunger and leaves the room.
Both resulting in the same... Nothing left in the room, though the room stays intact.

Ok, now onto what can be said of the LHC.
The scientists involved with the project have a large % certainty of what will happen when they perform the operation.
But their combined % of knowledge still weighs less then 1% of the Universal knowledge.
So who can say with 1000% certainty that when they smash two particular particles together.... They won't go boom?
The general idea is that the LHC might create black holes.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the general idea about black holes is that they suck in everything.
And please don't say they can shut them down.
If they know they can shut them down, then they have made them before. So why need to make them again etc
If they theorize what can shut it down then it is still only a THEORY!
They don't know that if they decide to chuck more particles at the black hole to cause it to collapse, that it won't expediently increase its growth.

Having said all this and IF you are still reading what I am writing then at least you still have an open mind to what others have to say.

I will give you that Logical Magician didn't really give us that much information. But how much information do you think your Governments would give you on such a topic?
May I remind you all to challenge the information we receive OPENLY and without bias?
Just because he can not give us any more information than he has already provided doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't right.
It just means we have exhausted that avenue of information.

Let's say for a moment that the OP is correct.
Now his source would more then likely have a THEORY of what would happen IF this thing would go POP.
A fair enough one two in my personal opinion.
Unfortunately, due to what we know ... rather... the lack of what we know of things, we really can't prove or disprove this claim until the date arrives.

Does that mean what he posted was ultimately useless to us? And that he shouldn't have posted it in the first place?
I don't think so. I like to think, I like being made to think. It never hurts me...

All I am really trying to say is that when someone posts some information that you can't prove to a 1000% certainty... DON'T vilify them... Move on if you don't agree. Or at least, try and provide some insight to the topic and be constructive.

I will leave this post with one last law of our known world.
'What CAN go wrong... WILL go wrong.' - Murphy's Law
READ - Murphy WIKI

Thank you for your time

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Sounds like propaganda for "Project Bluebeam".

I think it's interesting that " The Day The Earth Stood Still" remake is getting released in December.

Look up " The Outer Limits" on you tube and find "The Architects if Fear" episode.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
All I want to say is that we have been having contact with alien civilizations/intelligence since our creation, and before that civilization was present on Earth. There are intelligent beings today whose existence precedes Earth.

And the OP is right, energy discharges like atomic bombs or other devices do attract attention from our friends in space.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to
post by Sovaka

Excellent post Sovaka,

I could not of said it better myself; I was actually quite surprised by the venom contained within some of the reply posts being made; really spiteful and childish stuff but then I forget that there is a load of kids on here.

Well I for one do not know if the OP is correct or not; it is a case of wait and see.
I mean the people who built the LHC themselves don’t fully know what to expect when they first crash their particles so I would not be so cocky until that time; the proof is in the pudding as they say.

Good day to you Sirs… Madams.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Oh Please!!!! You obviously have the right to your own opinions about things, but your "deep sources" must be related to you in some way otherwise "WHY" on God's green Earth would anyone divulge such a "supersecret" (devilish/Illuminati (?) type plan to you? I love ATS very much as a very special resource for those of us who do NOT want to die having been asleep at the switch all our lives! This is the FIRST time I've replied to an article or link on this great website. I just couldn't let "this one" go by the by. Thanks ATS for letting me vent a bit. Sincerely Gabriel, USA

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

even after they recently added a tram line.

They added a new line ? It's been a long time since I've been back to Switzerland

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

an unnamed trustworthy source located deep in the bowels

Yup, that comes from deep in some bowels...that's for sure.

Hey...isn't this a regurgitated plot line from one of the Star Trek movies? The one where the warp drive was tested, thus signalling other advanced civilizations?

You need to work on your originality.

That was Star Trek first contact, where Zefram Cochrane did the first successful warp drive flight in his ship called the Pheonix. The Vulcans witnessed the warp signature from the ship's drive.

By the way, I've never heard anyone say that an idea sounded like a movie plot.

Congratulations on your originality. Are you a vegetarian by any chance?

Actually it sounds more like the regurgitated plot line of Contact with Jodie Foster. When they initially start building this big 'machine' (just like the LHC) one of the defense chiefs argues it could be a giant communication beacon to contact the hostile alien race to come wipe us out.

Oh and check your news source because LHC suffered damage in an accident that has pushed the startup back from October 21 to next June or so. Nice try though.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join