It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC is an alien communication device

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
sounds like something Michio Kaku had said before. But he used the example of drones being set on another planet that send a signal upon contact with another civilization.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Didn't we sent radio signals for more then a century? And i (personally) am yet to see alien life forms standing in line to meet us. Why this will be any different? It is an infinite universe. If there is life somewhere, it is also infinite. So who will bother to come here just because we can send radio waves or smash protons? If there is intelligent life in space - we are insignificant to it. Nobody will come just to say "hello". And if some interest will be involved - then God help us. Humans exploiting one another is bad enough, no need for other life forms.

That's a rather naive thing to say. What do you think the purpose of marine biology is? To say "Hi" to the fishes and newly discovered creatures? No, it is to learn and to categorize.

Some people think that there is an intergalactic war raging on in space, with certain factions and coalitions. Perhaps Earth will be recruited as a research colony.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Im sorry but it looks like youve completely avoided answering my questions so thank you for making my mind up here on my opinion on this thread and its truthfulness.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good2Go
sounds like something Michio Kaku had said before. But he used the example of drones being set on another planet that send a signal upon contact with another civilization.

Those are called Van Nuemann probes, I believe. It could be that UFOs are probes with artificial life forms/biological robots in them that we confuse as the real aliens.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8

Im sorry but it looks like youve completely avoided answering my questions so thank you for making my mind up here on my opinion on this thread and its truthfulness.

Only the weak let others make up their minds. Perhaps one day you will learn to embrace a conclusionless life and instead of making up your mind, be able to see the whole process of life.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread391557/pg1#pid4977024]post by logician magician[/girl]

Did you read the Dulce papers in their entirety? The Reptilians did not want us to use magnets. I always wondered why, now I know...

What does that mean? Are you suggesting that Reptilians don't want us to use magnets because they can be used to attract other races?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Would you care to answer the questions i asked yet or is it you cant answer them and no i dont let people always make up my mind although you have just about convinced me that your thread is a complete hoax and isnt that what were all doing here anyway trying to make each others minds up about various subjects.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

ATLAS has already started detecting particles? Yes, indeed it has. Particle collisions don’t only happen inside particle accelerators such as the Large Hadron Collider (LHC); they happen all the time in the Earth’s atmosphere. High energy protons (or larger ions) generated by the Sun or other cosmic phenomenon (such as a supernova) bathe local space, passing through matter and colliding with atoms and molecules. Should a natural collision event occur in our atmosphere, billions of particles cascade from the point of collision, creating an “air shower.” Muons are one product of this air shower (in fact, the only natural muon production processes known are cosmic ray collisions) and some have been captured, making a fast-dash across the sensors in the recently completed A Toroidal LHC ApparatuS (ATLAS for short) detector at the LHC.

[Source]

So, they are on their way now? Well... then I'm off to build some "WELCOME ON EARTH!" posters now. Or should I better buy some tin foil and a babyphone?

[edit on 15.9.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Would you care to answer the questions i asked yet or is it you cant answer them and no i dont let people always make up my mind although you have just about convinced me that your thread is a complete hoax and isnt that what were all doing here anyway trying to make each others minds up about various subjects.

Why do you get off assuming I know every exact when, where, why, and how of the situation? I'm only relaying the information that I have been told.

You appear to have a personal problem with that. Nothing I can do about that. You might want to reevaluate the processes that influence your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiONiX

Hold on! ATLAS has already started detecting particles? Yes, indeed it has. Particle collisions don’t only happen inside particle accelerators such as the Large Hadron Collider (LHC); they happen all the time in the Earth’s atmosphere. High energy protons (or larger ions) generated by the Sun or other cosmic phenomenon (such as a supernova) bathe local space, passing through matter and colliding with atoms and molecules. Should a natural collision event occur in our atmosphere, billions of particles cascade from the point of collision, creating an “air shower.” Muons are one product of this air shower (in fact, the only natural muon production processes known are cosmic ray collisions) and some have been captured, making a fast-dash across the sensors in the recently completed A Toroidal LHC ApparatuS (ATLAS for short) detector at the LHC.

[Source]

So, they are on their way now? Well... then I'm off to build some "WELCOME ON EARTH!" posters now. Or should I better buy some tin foil and a babyphone?

This is a perfect example of jumping the gun and assuming that you are right, clever, witty, and funny when you are just being rude, insulting, arrogant, pompous and embarrassing.

I'm fairly certain that the LHC is not using it's full power right now.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

ok then im just trying to get information you are the one who started the thread so can you please try and get more information please because im a little bit unconvinced at the moment

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

ok then im just trying to get information you are the one who started the thread so can you please try and get more information please because im a little bit unconvinced at the moment

The world doesn't revolve around you. If you want to be unconvinced, then that is your deal. If you want to believe in Jesus, Santa, or the Easter Bunny, it's your deal too.

I realize you want me to make up your mind, but I'm not going to do that.

It's your life, not mine. I have enough problems and don't need you forcing yourself on me with some type of mental rape.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

That is entirely irrelevant. The point that was made was, in essense, that Earth is already bombarded by particles (coming from space) whose energies far surpass what LHC is capable of.

I do find the premise in the OP laughable.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

seriously calm down a little bit i just want to see a little bit on information before i make my mind up

calm down and relax

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

That is entirely irrelevant. The point that was made was, in essense, that Earth is already bombarded by particles (coming from space) whose energies far surpass what LHC is capable of.

I do find the premise in the OP laughable.

Again, for the vegetarians (i.e YOU), a lighthouse works precisely because it doesn't move. If you can't understand that then I don't know what to tell you.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

That was meant ironic, not meant to be offense, sorry.

Read again, please. Or, here's a summary: The collisions ATLAS detected are NOT generated by the proton beam from the LHC, which currently only runs in one way. ATLAS is the main device to capture the collisions. Those collisons were purely natural, as they happen all the time on+in earth and in space. This device captured some natural collisons. The first LHC-created collisions are expected to happen when the second beam in the opposite direction is injected into the ring, which should be on the 21st of October.

Now, if ATLAS already captured collisions, collisons of the same type the LHC will "artificially" reproduce, this demonstrates exactly that those collisions happen in/on earth all the time. A supernova for example can send protons to earth where they collide with protons from other cosmic events. With much higher intensity then the LHC could ever do.

The Type 1/2/3+(?) civilizations looking for them would find them everywhere and anytime in the universe. Also, if your source could know this, contact would already have been made, or how would it know that this is a common "sign" to send out when civilizations are ready to make contact?!

So the argument of your source lacks substance, don't you think?

It's great that people have so much interest in the LHC and expect extra-ordinary things for it to discover/establish. Sadly, many people on this board shoot way over the target.
People forget the fact that the concept of the LHC is simply to put a device like ATLAS in a place where higher rates of collisions then elsewhere on earth occur in the same spot, the spot where ATLAS is located.

You can picture the LHC as a kind of supporting device to get ATLAS the perfect "capturing environment". It's purpose is to "bring" the collisons to ATLAS so it can detect and analyze them, which it does by firing to proton streams 24/7 at each other (note: the protons collide everywhere in the ring, but only ATLAS can detect).

Imagine it as a an "proton aquarium". There are fishes (aka particle smashes) in every river and every ocean (aka the universe), but to best study them, build an artificial environment (aka the ATLAS) and get some fishes in (aka the crashes produced by the LHC), so you can observe and study them.

I respect your belief, but if you understand the above, you should consider to maybe got caught by you're "source".

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Again, for the vegetarians (i.e YOU), a lighthouse works precisely because it doesn't move.

I'm not a vegetarian, however I was involved in the R&D for the Atlas experiment at the LHC and have in general a good grip on how the machine operates. Nothing you stated so far makes an iota of sense, dear meat-eating ignoramus.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I received this message from an unnamed trustworthy source located deep in the bowels of DARPA.

The purpose of the LHC is to create a massive energy discharge that will attract any and all alien species within the galaxy to Earth coordinates. The reason for this project is unknown even by my contact, but it is speculated that the energy display is standard operating procedure for young civilizations to announce that they are ready for alien contact for purposes of boosting technological evolution.

This will happen soon, sometime in mid-October.

LOL oh come on, what a load of bollocks, for the 10000000000th time LHC is just a controlled experient for what nature and natural forces do every day billions of times over. you could at least try to add abit more style before you make another insane accusation with little or no thought.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fill0000

I received this message from an unnamed trustworthy source located deep in the bowels of DARPA.

The purpose of the LHC is to create a massive energy discharge that will attract any and all alien species within the galaxy to Earth coordinates. The reason for this project is unknown even by my contact, but it is speculated that the energy display is standard operating procedure for young civilizations to announce that they are ready for alien contact for purposes of boosting technological evolution.

This will happen soon, sometime in mid-October.

LOL oh come on, what a load of bollocks, for the 10000000000th time LHC is just a controlled experient for what nature and natural forces do every day billions of times over. you could at least try to add abit more style before you make another insane accusation with little or no thought.

I guess nobody on here knows why lighthouses are so successful.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Again, for the vegetarians (i.e YOU), a lighthouse works precisely because it doesn't move.

I'm not a vegetarian, however I was involved in the R&D for the Atlas experiment at the LHC and have in general a good grip on how the machine operates. Nothing you stated so far makes an iota of sense, dear meat-eating ignoramus.

You too?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join