It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else is fuming at all these hoaxers?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm not too angry or frustrated by hoaxers because over the years my expectations have been lowered by so many supposed "legitimate" UFO researchers that the hoaxers just seem like minor annoyances. I always start from the point where I don't believe anything to begin with, so I'm not disappointed when it doesn't pan out.

To use a metaphor, hoaxers are like the little mosquitoes that constantly buzz around you when you're out fishing. The people who do the real damage to any kind of enthusiasm you might have are the fish swimming around in the water, people who you think you can trust, who support various cases and purport to have gone enough research to make a solid case, but if you look at the stuff in detail the proof -- of anything -- just seems to evaporate. They eat your worms and break your fishin' pole!

I'm thinking specifically of all the guys who supposedly found all the good "Roswell" stuff, but on deeper analysis it turned out to be a lot of fanciful storytelling and hearsay, with nothing to back it up at all.

Those are the guys who annoy me the most.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Absolutely...Couldn't have put it better myself

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm sick of that D4rk Kn1ght guy, who claims the government is going to launch a fake, holographic, alien attack, while killing millions of people, just to unite all the worlds government. I mean, has anybody read Watchmen? Its has the same theme and story!

I'm just sick of seeing threads in the UFO forums saying, "OMG D4rk Kn1ght is real", when he hasn't even given a shred of evidence. Plus, his name is Dark Knight(comic book), and his theory is EXACTLY like that out of Watchmen(comic book). A little to much of a coincidence if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's dissapointing to me. I joined this forum because I saw good threads, interesting stories and theories. Now I have a better knowledge of what's inside this site and I found out that there are a lot of hoaxers, and the worst of all is that there are so many people SO DESPERATE to believe anything that they just make the stupidest threads dozens of pages long.
And hoaxers know they have this power over people and abuse it. So hoaxers: get a life!

I'm not a skeptic, I had very strange things happened to me but I'm respectful enough not to share things that I have absolutely no proof or evidence.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DrReedStillGoingStrong

Are you this Dr. Reed?
JOHN BRADLEY RUTTER (aka"Dr.Jonathan Reed")
If you are then welcome to ATS...

RUTTER: Told bogus story of killing alien in the woods of Washington state on Art Bell show, bad actor. Took alien body home, alien came back to life, government stole all his evidence except some bad video and pictures. Claimed to be hiding from evil government agents. Has pictures of rubber alien and fake UFO as proof. Refused to have independent investigators evaluate evidence. Film type "Dr. Reed" claims to have used to take photos of UFO and alien in 1996 wasn't manufactured until 1997. It has since been discovered that "Dr. Jonathan Reed" is actually a Seattle, Washington resident named JOHN BRADLEY RUTTER. He has lived in Seattle, Washington the entire time he claimed to be on the run from evil government agents, isn't a doctor or a Ph.D and has no college degrees. Liar, con man, and UFO leech.

www.ufowatchdog.com...
www.ufowatchdog.com...
www.ufowatchdog.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I hate to admit it but i let a hoaxer get the best of me. Just look at my ats points and I am sure you can figure out what happen. Its irritating to say the least.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
As some of you have pointed out, hoaxers, con men, and a holes, will always exist, the attention hungry parasites of modern times use this media to propagate what they feel is a good joke.

Some are also disinfo agents, blurring the line between whats "real" and whats not.
What better way to numb the mind of people from the truth, in a sea of lies, it gets very difficult to discern the truth.
But in a way this also makes it better for the few that can and will take the time to verify strange occurrences.

These are indeed strange times, through the mists of human action, sometimes the truth can be glimpsed...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I really don't care about hoaxers, they're are entertaining (for the most part) and creative (for the most part, lol). Yes, they discredit all of us, but honestly, are we really going to get credit anyway?! I don't think so.

Also, I thought it could be people who genuienly want to bring more people into the UFO research community. Be honest, any UFO pic that is 'to good to be true' will be labled a hoax anyway, as it's...well...to good to be true, lol.

Most, think that 'lights in the sky' do not constitute anything of interest, as they do not understand the other things they can be, which is, not much to be honest, if you know what your looking for. But these 'hoaxed' ones like Isaac Caret for instance, only bring more people to realise, there is much in this world unanswered, condemn them all you want, they are bringing attention to the phenomena, not to mention we still can't 'prove' these are hoaxed, we only assume as they are 'to good to be true'. Any publicity is good publicity.

I agree, not all hoaxes are for this reason, most just want a good laugh at us, but seriously, do any of you care!??! If these people are sad enough to sit around, wainting for replies on their hoaxes, pity, should be on everyones mind and not frustration. We find our 'kicks' by researching things that interest us, things that can't be explained, we find help within this community, these people find their kicks in 'mocking' this community and it's beliefs, please, who deserves pity more?!?

Anyway, I find good hoaxes interesting, and they help me to keep things in perspective, as, despite what you may think is a hoax, it doesn't mean it is, Isaac Caret is, IMO, a perfect example of what we need to draw more people in, you can cry hoax all you want, but as of yet, I have seen no evidence of it being conclusively proven a hoax.

[This is my own personal opinion, and if you have any problem with it, please...tell someone else]

EMM

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I see them as cute little nomes without a backyard to call their own. People are people.

Unfortunately some people have just way to much time on their hands.
So they do and say dumb things.

It is somewhat entertaining at times. The internet has no truther buttons.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Some hoaxers have interesting (however improbable) stories. if I had that kind of imagination, I'd write a book.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think it hillarious. I believe most are kids, some aren't. They see some movie and then say " Lets see if we can make anyone believe this is real!!" Sure enough, the next day or two there's a post on some takeoff on a SciFi or History channel event, slightly changed to try to disguise it a bit! I just take it for what its worth. Chuckle a bit and move on!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
May be we should make a list of all those we know to be hoaxers.

I'll start with:

Dr. Reed
Billy Meier and his sidekick Michael Horn
Prophet Yahweh

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aspie
May be we should make a list of all those we know to be hoaxers.

I'll start with:

Dr. Reed
Billy Meier and his sidekick Michael Horn
Prophet Yahweh

And here's the first problem, I don't think Billy(Eduard) was lying, who determines who's right? Afterall, its all a matter of opinion.

EMM

[edit on 16-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Elemensa

I don’t get that aggravated by hoaxers. If anything I think other users should though instead of getting aggravated at anyone who may be willing to have an open mind and shows interest in the hoaxer.

I personally try to give them as little attention as possible because that’s what they want, but when it comes to things like the Titor hoax I can’t help but jump into the discussion. Mainly because I want Titor fully debunked, it is quite plausible the minds behind that hoax are polluting the world with more as we type.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
In the end ,all you can do is go with what YOU KNOW to be true and keep an open mind . I do know that the good guys use plausible deniability as a way to protect themselves from falling foul of official secrets laws so it really is a hall of mirrors . I dont care if anyone calls me a hoaxer ,troll because its quite reasonable to maintain a degree of healthy sceptisism . BUT my own recent experience has taught me that reality is very plastic because its multi dimensional . I have seen my alien friends litterally change their appearance in front of me just to demonstrate how effective their holographic tech is . They can make themselves look fat thin young old ,human ,reptilia in the blink of an eye . And they have done it in front of witnesseses so that I can confirm it happened .
They have had me walk in to a holographic room thats as real as real ,swear this is true but until you have been through this experience yourself why should you believe ? dont blame you for being cynical . Took me a long time to get my head around a lot of this stuff .

But thats really no use to you guys as proof I know. BUT when you see it for yourself , Maybe then you will think ,oh crap ,that recon was not just bsing us .

Thats all I am hoping to achieve here really . The biggest hoaxers are the Government ,lets not forget that . My favourite oxymoron is 'honest politician'.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
hoaxing is an effective method of discrediting a subject.

for example lets say theres a sighting of a dragon like being in some forest ,its real but it someone wishes to discredit its existence all they have to do is create a few hoaxes and people will learn to assosciated the dragon as a hoax.

the same applies to subjects such as ufology,if one wanted to discredit the existence of lets say....the grays, simply keep on making bogus footage and presto the existence of the grays will become effectivly nullified through discreditation in poeples minds.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Worse than hoaxers are all these fanatical "believers" here that jump in and get excited about any worthless nonsense being posted because it validates their own fantasy in some way.

Hoaxers seem to either:
a) Do it for a laugh - to make fun of the people missing critical thinking skills.
b) Profit - make some story up and sell a book or generate more website traffic/revenue.

Both annoying yes, but not overly harmful.

While the believer type are:
a) Simply out of their mind. (Galactic Federation of Light, cultist behavior, Prophet Yaweh).
b) Use UFO/Aliens as a religion. (My life is a joke but the Aliens will come and make it all better one day, be it they come to end the world or to help us).
c) Undereducated, using whatever pseodo science they can find to support their claims, drawing lines around rocks on mars, analyzing NASA footage like they are some kind of expert in astronomy and science. Most of these guys probably havn't even finished high school let alone hold a degree in mathmatics or astro physics that might give them some right to make their bold claims and back it up with evidence.

These guys make a joke out of the whole field of interest, they're far more damaging than any hoaxer.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

That is correct!
the best tactic to discredit is exactly what you mention.

LEts not forget people, much of the population has been conditioned to respond in certain ways when confronted with strange occurrences, some will dismiss it, some will be implanted and then distorted, some simply made up.

It will take all of our Onthological maturity to be able to discern some sort of sense in the Noosphere.

I believe we will one day know the truth, and that day will explode lots of heads, I want to be there to see it.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
....one day a real alien or time-traveler is going to turn up and we will all laugh, because of the hoaxes.

Well then PSYOPS did a bang up job then

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Hoaxers Have completey destroyed the campaign for truth.
Mebe its all intentional by the powers above.

But my guess is its the hardcore skeptics and teenagers making these CGI videos and Fake photos just to take the micky.

"hey dudes iv made a fakey ufo for youtube look how many ppl think its real ROFL" this kind of thing is very immature and becoming all to common these days.

I believe its totaly possible to be visited by ET but i wouldnt dream of Hoaxing a UFO.
You must have to be a very devious person to make that kind of deception or in other words a complete and utter tosser.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join